GUILTY CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, died, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The LASD FB page has a post on the latest vehicle incident:

Detectives the Malibu/Lost Hills Station are conducting an investigation into a possible “Throwing Objects at a Moving Vehicle” incident that occurred October 28, 2018 at 1:10 PM in the unincorporated area of Malibu.

The driver was driving southbound on Malibu Canyon Road near Way Cross Road, when she heard a “bang” noise, then her passenger door window shattered. The responding deputies spoke with the reporting party, thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and canvassed the area for evidence.

Deputies were unable to locate anyone who heard any gunshots or saw anything unusual. There was no evidence found to indicate the vehicle was struck by gunfire. Based on the initial investigation, it is believed the vehicle may have been struck by an unknown object, perhaps a rock. The investigation is ongoing.

Wasn't there another shattered auto glass incident in the same area - I think a windscreen - that LASD decided was temperature-related and not the result of an outside projectile of some kind?

The LASD FB page has a post on the latest vehicle incident:

Detectives the Malibu/Lost Hills Station are conducting an investigation into a possible “Throwing Objects at a Moving Vehicle” incident that occurred October 28, 2018 at 1:10 PM in the unincorporated area of Malibu.

The driver was driving southbound on Malibu Canyon Road near Way Cross Road, when she heard a “bang” noise, then her passenger door window shattered. The responding deputies spoke with the reporting party, thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and canvassed the area for evidence.

Deputies were unable to locate anyone who heard any gunshots or saw anything unusual. There was no evidence found to indicate the vehicle was struck by gunfire. Based on the initial investigation, it is believed the vehicle may have been struck by an unknown object, perhaps a rock. The investigation is ongoing.

Wasn't there another shattered auto glass incident in the same area - I think a windscreen - that LASD decided was temperature-related and not the result of an outside projectile of some kind?

That is correct.
Of the nine, Royal said, one likely was a vehicle backfiring, one was believed to be a heat-related incident of someone’s rear windshield exploding, and one was a blown transformer.
Source: Unanswered questions about Malibu Creek shootings leave residents asking if they're safe

Is it odd that you'd have two 'heat-related' window shatterings on the same stretch of road as where someone has been shooting at vehicles?

FWIW, I was a passenger in a car in which the windscreen shattered due to temp/humidity issues. However, there was no loud bang or gunshot-like sound. It was like spider veins reaching across the windscreen as it cracked. Glass stayed intact, too. Made for an interesting drive home. But like I said, no one in the car thought it was caused by an outside projectile.

This is a horrifying story. The initial assault of the Malibu artist was reported on one of the previous threads detailing the violence in Malibu, I think in July. It seems there's been no progress on solving the case, although there's a new wrinkle with an LASD angle. Fortunately, the artist survived and appears to be recovering.

LASD deputy allegedly dumped bleeding assault victim at Malibu day labor center

Is it odd that you'd have two 'heat-related' window shatterings on the same stretch of road as where someone has been shooting at vehicles?

FWIW, I was a passenger in a car in which the windscreen shattered due to temp/humidity issues. However, there was no loud bang or gunshot-like sound. It was like spider veins reaching across the windscreen as it cracked. Glass stayed intact, too. Made for an interesting drive home. But like I said, no one in the car thought it was caused by an outside projectile.
I agree, it's also odd that there was someone who witnessed hearing "gunshots" or something along the sound of such, AND reported it, but the police had claimed that there were no witnesses for this event

This is a horrifying story. The initial assault of the Malibu artist was reported on one of the previous threads detailing the violence in Malibu, I think in July. It seems there's been no progress on solving the case, although there's a new wrinkle with an LASD angle. Fortunately, the artist survived and appears to be recovering.

LASD deputy allegedly dumped bleeding assault victim at Malibu day labor center
Are they going to fire that LASD officer or give him a standard procedure transfer/promotion?

Are they going to fire that LASD officer or give him a standard procedure transfer/promotion?
This is a terrible thing for anyone to do much less an emergency responder who is duty-bound and paid(!!!!) to ensure public safety. Meanwhile... 3 bystanders at two different locations observed the victim was in distress before AND after his interception by LASD. These strangers assisted the victim without concern to themselves...and at great inconvenience - but Malibu rentaPD couldn't be bothered to respond to his clearly compromised condition since he might be homeless??? Disgusting.

Yes, it can make a sharp explosive/gunshot kind of sound when a window pops from heat. At least when ours went, that's how it sounded. Not sure I would mistake it for an actual gunshot, but somebody not familiar with gunfire might.

Yes, it can make a sharp explosive/gunshot kind of sound when a window pops from heat. At least when ours went, that's how it sounded. Not sure I would mistake it for an actual gunshot, but somebody not familiar with gunfire might.

Apparently, there was also a witness in the area who'd reported hearing 'gunshots' around the same time.

Even if your window made noise when it popped, was it the kind of noise that would make an unseen person in the area call in a report of gunshots?

Apparently, there was also a witness in the area who'd reported hearing 'gunshots' around the same time.

Even if your window made noise when it popped, was it the kind of noise that would make an unseen person in the area call in a report of gunshots?

Like I said, it might have, if the person wasn't near enough to see and if they weren't that experienced with hearing gunfire.

Really more like a shotgun blast, now that I think about it.

NOT asking for details, just a yes or no I guess, but do those of you who think an arrest close to home is possible/probable also have a theory on who that arrest would be?? I haven't done any sleuthing on this case outside of this website so I really have no clue... just curious if yall have a suspect in mind.

I haven't done any sleuthing either, so I don't have a specific person in mind. Just that I thought it seemed rather personal.

If it was someone close to TB or knew him, I think they would have to be pretty f'd up to kill him with his children sleeping at his side. I can't imagine what those kids are going to work through growing up with this experience.

If it was someone close to TB or knew him, I think they would have to be pretty f'd up to kill him with his children sleeping at his side. I can't imagine what those kids are going to work through growing up with this experience.

Well, yeah, but if you're going to kill a friend/colleague/relative, then you apparently aren't the most kind and thoughtful person to begin with.

Today, 1 November, is Anthony Rauda's next court hearing. LASD records can be found here; time scheduled is 8.30a. Additional details can be found through the LASD court services site.

Rauda's case numbers are 6PR0571408 and 8PR0697601. This is all public info - just posting this in case anyone wants to do their own research.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back