GUILTY CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, died, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Suspect in Calabasas Burglaries Fails to Show for Court Appearance

The man arrested after a series of burglaries in a rural part of Calabasas, not far from Malibu Creek State Park, failed to appear for a violation hearing in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom Thursday.

A judge then rescheduled the hearing for Anthony Rauda, 42, for Nov. 9, when officials are expected to request Rauda remain in jail for up to 180 days for allegedly violating the terms of his Post Release Conviction Supervision, or PRCS, several law enforcement sources familiar with the case told NBC4.

How did he fail to show? He's in custody in the Twin Towers downtown facility, which is about 5 minutes' drive from the courthouse. It's not like prisoners are responsible for their own wake-up calls and transportation.
<modsnipped>

And that ballistics info? Where is it? Rauda was arrested on October 10. They've had three weeks to test the rifle - I understand there can be a backlog but if a weapon is suspected in a homicide, it would be a priority case.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was someone close to TB or knew him, I think they would have to be pretty f'd up to kill him with his children sleeping at his side. I can't imagine what those kids are going to work through growing up with this experience.

Yes. For this reason as well as others, no. I don't think the perp will be from "close to home".

I agree, it's also odd that there was someone who witnessed hearing "gunshots" or something along the sound of such, AND reported it, but the police had claimed that there were no witnesses for this event

What happened? Who reported gun shots and howdo we know?

No, it wasn't.

It appears it was.

Hi... yes I am the editor in chief of The Local Malibu. I do use a lot of sarcasm sorry, just my nature... my sources inside are confirming to me there will "most likely" be a "ballistics match" to the murder weapon... but I still do not believe Rauda is truly the murderer. My sarcasm is mostly directed at all the blunders and cover-ups by law enforcement and they're not good at it hiding it.

It appears it was.

I see it a little differently, I guess. The Local was saying that 'sources' were telling her the rifle was a 'likely' match.

A source whispering or leaking that the rifle is a 'likely' match is not the same thing as falsifying ballistics tests to produce false evidence that the rifle is a match.

Looks like he actually showed up...

Malibu Burglary Suspect Removed From Courtroom After Outburst

The court-appointed attorney told the judge he did not want his client to speak.

Rauda, who police are also investigating for a possible connection to a string of shootings and a killing in the Malibu Creek area, began shouting profanity.

Audio recordings of the hearing include Rauda pounding on the holding cell inside the courtroom until he was removed by bailiffs and taken back to his cell.

Rauda’s last comment was directed at the court-appointed attorney, who he told the judge he wanted fired. His regular appearance was postponed. He’s next scheduled to appear in court November 17.

Meanwhile, NBC LA is still going with a headline that he no-showed

Suspect in Calabasas burglaries fails to show for court appearance

The text of the article goes on to say that he was there.

His next court appearance according to LASD inmate info is 11/16/2018.

Interesting that LASD has been steadily and consistently leaking to NBC LA on this case and then NBC reports Rauda as a no-show yesterday, even forgetting to change their headline when they update their reporting with account of his appearance.

This means that the most likely scenario is that NBC's source inside LASD tipped off NBC (it's Eric Leonard who's their main friendly reporter on this story) that Rauda would not be appearing. NBC then reported it as fact, apparently without verifying the tip.

Lol NBC.

Makes you wonder why LASD jumped the gun on this one.

I do hope that Rauda sorts out his legal situation and gets the help that he needs. He's now been moved to the Men's Central Jail.

It's the sad, sad truth that the only way in which a person is guaranteed to get some kind of mental health (or even physical health in many cases) treatment in California (and in most of the US) is to get arrested. There's no help for you when you're in a downward spiral but when you get arrested, you can finally get an evaluation and even treatment.

Looks like he actually showed up...

Malibu Burglary Suspect Removed From Courtroom After Outburst

The court-appointed attorney told the judge he did not want his client to speak.

Rauda, who police are also investigating for a possible connection to a string of shootings and a killing in the Malibu Creek area, began shouting profanity.

Audio recordings of the hearing include Rauda pounding on the holding cell inside the courtroom until he was removed by bailiffs and taken back to his cell.

Rauda’s last comment was directed at the court-appointed attorney, who he told the judge he wanted fired. His regular appearance was postponed. He’s next scheduled to appear in court November 17.

Meanwhile, NBC LA is still going with a headline that he no-showed

Suspect in Calabasas burglaries fails to show for court appearance

The text of the article goes on to say that he was there.

That's not atypical. I've seen this kind of thing happen before. And as this guy seems to have mental health issues it makes sense.

So no conspiracies here. Just a mentally ill man.

His next court appearance according to LASD inmate info is 11/16/2018.

Interesting that LASD has been steadily and consistently leaking to NBC LA on this case and then NBC reports Rauda as a no-show yesterday, even forgetting to change their headline when they update their reporting with account of his appearance.

This means that the most likely scenario is that NBC's source inside LASD tipped off NBC (it's Eric Leonard who's their main friendly reporter on this story) that Rauda would not be appearing. NBC then reported it as fact, apparently without verifying the tip.

Lol NBC.

Makes you wonder why LASD jumped the gun on this one.

I do hope that Rauda sorts out his legal situation and gets the help that he needs. He's now been moved to the Men's Central Jail.

It's the sad, sad truth that the only way in which a person is guaranteed to get some kind of mental health (or even physical health in many cases) treatment in California (and in most of the US) is to get arrested. There's no help for you when you're in a downward spiral but when you get arrested, you can finally get an evaluation and even treatment.

How could there be prior notice to the media that he would not be appearing? He was there. Acting insane during the appearance. And so he was taken out.

How could there be prior notice to the media that he would not be appearing?

It's called a leak or a tip. Someone in LASD is in touch with NBC LA (as they have been a number of times on this story) and somehow got the message that Rauda isn't appearing. Maybe he was refusing to go at the jail but then decided to go.

So the inside source passes on the tip but it proves to be incorrect. NBC LA doesn't verify the tip (it probably came from a solid source) and they go with the story. Then they update it with the correct story but someone forgets to change the title.

This is hardly an unusual occurrence in the media.

It's called a leak or a tip. Someone in LASD is in touch with NBC LA (as they have been a number of times on this story) and somehow got the message that Rauda isn't appearing. Maybe he was refusing to go at the jail but then decided to go.

So the inside source passes on the tip but it proves to be incorrect. NBC LA doesn't verify the tip (it probably came from a solid source) and they go with the story. Then they update it with the correct story but someone forgets to change the title.

This is hardly an unusual occurrence in the media.

He appeared. So that is incorrect. He was there, just causing a scene so they did not have the hearing. How can something that has not yet occurred and cannot be predicted, be leaked?

I wonder if he was taken out before he actually went before the judge, so technically didn't appear?

That's pretty much it. He couldn't go before the court. So it's technically a non-appearance. I have seen this kind of thing happen before in cases of mentally ill defendants. There would be no real way of knowing this is going to happen before it does. Ill people in the middle of psychosis or delusion are unpredictable.

What a mess. So how long can they hold him in jail for the violation only? (In case they don't actually have sufficient evidence to tie him to anything else?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back