Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Wrapped up and on my way home. I have to get a press release out as soon as possible and when that is finished, I'll be back to share some thoughts and news. I did NOT photograph the area like I should have for you to get a visual, but Mr. Mistivon is going back tomorrow and will take some. I do have some that will be of interest.
Bloodhoundsleuther, I will need you and all my media gurus tonight or tomorrow please.
I'll talk to you soon. I'm so exhausted.

Another idea about SM is to post on local Facebook neighborhood groups. Include the neighborhood of the Goodwill plus surrounding areas, and I would also include the neighborhood where she lives (if it's different). The various neighborhood groups I belong to on Facebook are very active.

I'm proud of the work you are doing for your friends.

Mistivon. I hope the people you are helping know how lucky they have are to have you. Not just lucky... damn. Amazing to see you tackle this in real time. You are brilliant. Thanks to everyone for assisting, Mistivon. Prayer that Maricela is found- girl please hang in there

Looks like they made a video of the search dog, not sure what to make of it:

[video=youtube;DCEAXE1Du60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCEAXE1Du60[/video]

The dog followed her scent, and maybe she popped into each of those stores for a moment?

If so, I wonder if she really was trying to find a place to hide something. Just a thought.

The answer to how she spent her time in the church was answered in the FMG face book page.

"She sat in a pew for a little while and when she left, she looked fearful and went out the side door "in a hurry".

It's such odd behavior, but it means something. Why would a young, beautiful girl behave this way? Why would she leave everything behind, abandon her sister in a store far away from home in an unsafe area, locked out of their car?

She is running from someone. Who?

She is running from someone. Who?

Given that they apparently ended up at that goodwill store without a prior plan, it seems like it had to be a stranger. But if it was a stranger, why wouldn't she ask somebody for help?

Media gurus, please share to Facebook pages and twitter feeds. If anyone is able to submit this through a station's website, their messenger or email, please do so. I will be back in a minute with info.

January 21 2017
For immediate release

“That’s hers. That’s definitely my sister’s” Edgar said as he looked at the item lying in the mud. He then looked up at the search team and pleaded with them to find her.
On January 21 at 9:00 AM, crews and a canine unit from Search Dogs 24/7 commenced search efforts at 18225 Sherman Way, Reseda, CA seeking the location of Maricela Garcia.
Katrina, the trailing dog being used, immediately detected a strong scent after being given a personal item. She confidently followed Maricela’s scent to a number of locations and gave a definite direction of travel for the young girl. Katrina was able to independently verify the location of earlier reported sightings and after corroborating witness statements, these sightings are believed to be confirmed.
Maricela was seen on surveillance camera leaving the Goodwill at 18225 Sherman Way in Reseda at 7:22 PM on January 12 2017 when she told her sister she was stepping out to smoke. She was then seen inside St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church at 7:45 PM. Witnesses said she rushed out and seemed “fearful” and “afraid.” There has been no sign of Maricela since. She never returned for her car, her purse or her sister.
Personal items, believed to belong to the missing woman, were located during the search. These items were turned over at the scene to LAPD for forensic analysis and confirmation.
Surveillance videos will be analyzed on Monday and further search efforts will be released at that time.
Maricela is described as a shy, “girly-girl” who loves pink and would never leave her family. She is 5’5”, 120 pounds with brown eyes. Her hair is brown with blonde tips. The night of her disappearance, she was wearing a white beanie, black winter coat, black boots, dark jeans and a white shirt. She was also wearing a black choker and carrying a set of keys with the inscription “BMW” attached to a pink heart keychain. A black Samsung GoPhone is also missing. Included with this release is a still of Maricela taken from surveillance on the night of her disappearance.
Police have urged anyone who might have seen Maricela Garcia between the hours of 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM on January 12 in the area of Sherman Way and Lindley Avenue to contact Detective Guevara at 213-996-1800 or the LAPD West Valley Division at 818-374-7611. If you see Maricela Garcia, any of the aforementioned personal items, or have information on her disappearance, please call 911. You may remain anonymous.
The family and friends of Maricela Garcia would like to thank the tireless efforts of Katrina and the team at Search Dogs 24/7. They are also grateful to those who came out and searched and those that are sharing on social media. They encourage everyone to keep sharing and keep talking about Maricela.
For further information please visit https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindMaricelaGarcia/

By chance any mental health issues in the family. Any cases of paranoia, bpd, so on? I don't this is what is going on, but it's important to factor into any equation.

Looking at the FB page her car was still parked in the parking lot after 8 days? Why? I'm so confused why a young girl goes missing and not much is done. This is crazy to me that it took over a week for dogs and a car search.

The fact that she went into the church and sat alone in a pew looking upset means that knew something bad was going to happen. There has to be something in her phone records or social media to indicate what was about to happen. The only other possibilities are self-harm and voluntary disappearance.

I live in this area and I'm not sure how many missing cases they get but I would think this would be a priority. However, since to today was the search party and this seems to be the first her car was looked at I'm really shocked. It's been over a week. I'm surprised her car wasn't towed

I don't think her car was there the whole time. I think they brought it out today to take pictures and recreate the events that they know about.

Media gurus, please share to Facebook pages and twitter feeds. If anyone is able to submit this through a station's website, their messenger or email, please do so. I will be back in a minute with info.

January 21 2017
For immediate release

“That’s hers. That’s definitely my sister’s” Edgar said as he looked at the item lying in the mud. He then looked up at the search team and pleaded with them to find her.
On January 21 at 9:00 AM, crews and a canine unit from Search Dogs 24/7 commenced search efforts at 18225 Sherman Way, Reseda, CA seeking the location of Maricela Garcia.
Katrina, the trailing dog being used, immediately detected a strong scent after being given a personal item. She confidently followed Maricela’s scent to a number of locations and gave a definite direction of travel for the young girl. Katrina was able to independently verify the location of earlier reported sightings and after corroborating witness statements, these sightings are believed to be confirmed.
Maricela was seen on surveillance camera leaving the Goodwill at 18225 Sherman Way in Reseda at 7:22 PM on January 12 2017 when she told her sister she was stepping out to smoke. She was then seen inside St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church at 7:45 PM. Witnesses said she rushed out and seemed “fearful” and “afraid.” There has been no sign of Maricela since. She never returned for her car, her purse or her sister.
Personal items, believed to belong to the missing woman, were located during the search. These items were turned over at the scene to LAPD for forensic analysis and confirmation.
Surveillance videos will be analyzed on Monday and further search efforts will be released at that time.
Maricela is described as a shy, “girly-girl” who loves pink and would never leave her family. She is 5’5”, 120 pounds with brown eyes. Her hair is brown with blonde tips. The night of her disappearance, she was wearing a white beanie, black winter coat, black boots, dark jeans and a white shirt. She was also wearing a black choker and carrying a set of keys with the inscription “BMW” attached to a pink heart keychain. A black Samsung GoPhone is also missing. Included with this release is a still of Maricela taken from surveillance on the night of her disappearance.
Police have urged anyone who might have seen Maricela Garcia between the hours of 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM on January 12 in the area of Sherman Way and Lindley Avenue to contact Detective Guevara at 213-996-1800 or the LAPD West Valley Division at 818-374-7611. If you see Maricela Garcia, any of the aforementioned personal items, or have information on her disappearance, please call 911. You may remain anonymous.
The family and friends of Maricela Garcia would like to thank the tireless efforts of Katrina and the team at Search Dogs 24/7. They are also grateful to those who came out and searched and those that are sharing on social media. They encourage everyone to keep sharing and keep talking about Maricela.
For further information please visit https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindMaricelaGarcia/
I haven't heard about a more organized and professional search plan than this, especially so suddenly and by someone who's never done this before. You are remarkable, mistivon!!! I'm so so so happy the LAPD was on site and is now taking this seriously. Even if she is voluntary missing, there is something very very wrong and she needs help! They absolutely cannot turn their backs on her.

Someone found her keys and turned them into a store? We have to find this person to figure out where those keys were found. Share! Share! Share!

Someone found her keys and turned them into a store? We have to find this person to figure out where those keys were found. Share! Share! Share!

Where did you read that her keys were found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you read that her keys were found?
On the Find Mari FB page in the statements thanking the 24/7 K9 search team. Maybe I misunderstood?...

It is important now more than ever to share Maricela's flyer and her page. We NEED the public to remember they saw her or that they turned in a set of keys with a pink heart keychain to a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8