Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree on the voluntary missing. That's what the LAPD has her classified as, though. Huge thanks to MPN, as always...I am working on a press release and hoping to get some media coverage. code4SAR, you are AMAZING. Thank you, thank you for all that you do. All of you.

From everything I've read that you've posted about her, it seems as if she had chosen to hide to protect herself and her family she would have at least contacted someone in the family somehow to let them know she's okay, that's she hiding for the sake of protection, and she will return as soon as possible. She just doesn't sound like the type of person that would intentionally leave her friends and family worried and upset. I'm so glad you have a SAR dog team for tomorrow. I'm praying this is a sign for good things to happen tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On her FB, she made a comment three years ago about being stalked by a forty nine year old man. I get the impression that wasn't uncommon :(

If anyone is free and can help me blast the media with the press release or even gather email addresses for me, I would be so grateful. I have to work today and have a sick little one so could really use the help :(TIA

January 19 2017
For immediate release

The family of Maricela Garcia is appealing to everyone in the Valley to help search for the missing girl, who was last seen at the Reseda Goodwill on January 12, 2017.
There will be a search coordinated by Search Dogs 24/7 with a team of canines dedicated to finding Maricela’s scent. It will begin at 9:00 AM on Saturday, January 21 at the Goodwill, located at 18225 Sherman Way, Reseda CA, 91335.
“We just want to know she is okay. We don’t know if she made it to the car. We don’t know where she went. Someone had to have taken her. We need her home,” said her sister, Sarah Garcia.
“Please. If you can come out Saturday and help, we need you! This is my big sister, I can’t sleep, I can’t think straight. Please. Help us bring Maricela home.”
The 26-year-old walked out of the Goodwill on Sherman Way at 7:22PM on January 12 2017. She told her sister she was stepping out for a cigarette and vanished into the night, leaving her car and sister behind. According to those who know her, this is something Maricela would never do.
The family is urging LAPD to review all the surveillance footage from stores and banks in the area. There was a reported sighting at approximately 7:45 PM at St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church also on Sherman Way. They are asking police to interview witnesses and confirm the sighting.
Maricela is described as a shy, “girly-girl” who loves pink and would never leave her family. She is 5’5”, 120 pounds with brown eyes. Her hair is brown with blonde tips.
Police have urged anyone who might have seen or has information regarding the disappearance of Maricela Garcia to contact Detective Guevara at 213-996-1800. You can remain anonymous.
For further information please visit https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindMaricelaGarcia/

Good luck tomorrow with the search! The family is lucky to have such a great friend in you!

January 19 2017
For immediate release

The family of Maricela Garcia is appealing to everyone in the Valley to help search for the missing girl, who was last seen at the Reseda Goodwill on January 12, 2017.
There will be a search coordinated by Search Dogs 24/7 with a team of canines dedicated to finding Maricela’s scent. It will begin at 9:00 AM on Saturday, January 21 at the Goodwill, located at 18225 Sherman Way, Reseda CA, 91335.
“We just want to know she is okay. We don’t know if she made it to the car. We don’t know where she went. Someone had to have taken her. We need her home,” said her sister, Sarah Garcia.
“Please. If you can come out Saturday and help, we need you! This is my big sister, I can’t sleep, I can’t think straight. Please. Help us bring Maricela home.”
The 26-year-old walked out of the Goodwill on Sherman Way at 7:22PM on January 12 2017. She told her sister she was stepping out for a cigarette and vanished into the night, leaving her car and sister behind. According to those who know her, this is something Maricela would never do.
The family is urging LAPD to review all the surveillance footage from stores and banks in the area. There was a reported sighting at approximately 7:45 PM at St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church also on Sherman Way. They are asking police to interview witnesses and confirm the sighting.
Maricela is described as a shy, “girly-girl” who loves pink and would never leave her family. She is 5’5”, 120 pounds with brown eyes. Her hair is brown with blonde tips.
Police have urged anyone who might have seen or has information regarding the disappearance of Maricela Garcia to contact Detective Guevara at 213-996-1800. You can remain anonymous.
For further information please visit https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindMaricelaGarcia/

I tweeted this info out to a bunch of people and MSM. I'll keep doing it

I used #Missing #MaricelaGarcia #Reseda

I shared MPN's flyer with the following Facebook (News Related) pages to get more attention on Maricela's case.

Los Angeles News Today
Los Angeles Daily News
Psasdena Star News
Reseda News ABC 7
West San Fernando Valley
LA Times
LA Times Travel
San Fernando Valley CA Scanner News USA
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
So Cal Opinion
San Gabriel Valley Tribune
Daily Breeze
San Bernidino Sun
KTLA 5 NEWS
KTLA 5 Morning News
KCRA 3
KGET TV 17
Fox 11 Los Angeles
Los Angeles News Channel
Whittier Daily News

I shared MPN's flyer with the following high traffic Facebook Pages to get more eyes and ears on Maricela's case.

HLN
Crime Watch Daily
Mother's of the Missing
Marc Klaas & Klaas Kids Foundation
KlaasKIDS Search Center for Missing & Trafficked Children
Justice for Children Without Voices
Missing Loved Ones
The Lost and Found and the Wanted
Investigation Discovery
Lt. Joe Kenda: Homicide Hunter
Grateful Doe
Faithfully Found
Missing/Wanted People
Crime Feed
The Voice for the Voiceless
The Doe Network
The Charly Project
Missing and Missed
Missing Persons of America

Yay! Bloodhoundsleuther, you've arrived! Between all of us here, maybe they'll finally listen! And Skibs, you're a godsend... I've never mastered the ability of describing something in 140 characters or less. Thank you all so much!

Excellent article, imo

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...ays-her-disappearance-appears-to-be-organized

Three days before Maricela Garcia vanished, she told her younger sister Sarah that she was guarding a secret.
But instead of revealing it, the 26-year-old Tarzana woman only cried, embraced her sister and then slept next to her in their home for the next few days, her sister said.

Mistivon, kudos for the work you are putting in for this family. <3

This post is interesting to me and makes me wonder about a "voluntary" disappearance. Just from other cases I've followed I've seen people do things like this to say goodbye. Maybe she knew then that she would be leaving and just wanted to be close to her sister?
Perhaps she knew she could not tell her sister she was leaving for fear of getting her in some danger if she knew anything or perhaps she didn't want to be found for some reason. Please note, I use "voluntarily" missing very very loosely. She may have had a reason she felt she had to leave or maybe she was scared of someone/something?

Anyone who knows my posts probably knows I don't usually go down the human trafficking road, but this is a case where I do see the possibility. I really hope this girl is found.

Has Maricela recently been to the doctor? Could she have learned bad news about her health?

Why did they go to goodwill? What were they looking for there? Why there?

Has Maricela recently been to the doctor? Could she have learned bad news about her health?

Why did they go to goodwill? What were they looking for there? Why there?
Goodwill is great out here in Cali, especially that close to LA, Westlake, etc.
You get gently worn name-brands for super cheap.
Jmo

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have posed all these questions to Sarah. I know everyone is busy and really nervous about tomorrow so I don't know when I will have the answers. I have such mixed emotions. I have never participated in a search and don't know quite how to feel. I am so scared we won't find anything...and that makes me feel like a failure. But I think I'm even more scared of finding something. While we want answers....what if we find her keys or her hat or something that indicates an abduction? I'm terrified.
If any of you are Google walkers, I have a question. I see there is a Miss Donuts right in the strip and I asked if they would be willing to donate some coffee to searchers but they declined :( Is there another similar place that I can call/visit and ask? Is that inappropriate?
Thank you all so much for all your help, insights, opinions, questions and support.

I have posed all these questions to Sarah. I know everyone is busy and really nervous about tomorrow so I don't know when I will have the answers. I have such mixed emotions. I have never participated in a search and don't know quite how to feel. I am so scared we won't find anything...and that makes me feel like a failure. But I think I'm even more scared of finding something. While we want answers....what if we find her keys or her hat or something that indicates an abduction? I'm terrified.
If any of you are Google walkers, I have a question. I see there is a Miss Donuts right in the strip and I asked if they would be willing to donate some coffee to searchers but they declined :( Is there another similar place that I can call/visit and ask? Is that inappropriate?
Thank you all so much for all your help, insights, opinions, questions and support.

My heart bleeds for you mostivon...you're working hard..and you will never ever be a failure! Do not fret...any clue is a step in the right direction. Never fear the unknown.... Knowledge is power!

If you contact nearby restaurants, you can usually find some that will donate food. Pizza places are usually helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay! Bloodhoundsleuther, you've arrived! Between all of us here, maybe they'll finally listen! And Skibs, you're a godsend... I've never mastered the ability of describing something in 140 characters or less. Thank you all so much!

You're very welcome! Hang in there!

Sarah told me that she wanted to stop at Goodwill so she could pick up some supplies for a "decade party." She had to stop and use the restroom and because of traffic, they were taking side streets home. After they stopped, Maricela put Goodwill into her navigation and that store is where they ended up.
When I asked about pregnancy, Sarah said she just doesn't know about anything anymore. It's possible.
I so feel for this family :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members