Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone add Maricela to Namus? Or can I?
An organization contacted me and said that Maricela was not listed in the Missing Persons Clearinghouse in California. Does someone know how to check that? This organization said if she was not listed there, she would not be in NCIC. They said that should have been done within two hours of taking the report. Is there a way to check? Would the police have dropped the ball that badly?

An organization contacted me and said that Maricela was not listed in the Missing Persons Clearinghouse in California. Does someone know how to check that? This organization said if she was not listed there, she would not be in NCIC. They said that should have been done within two hours of taking the report. Is there a way to check? Would the police have dropped the ball that badly?

I did a search at the following link which is the website that came up when I put in Missing Persons Clearinghouse in California. She did not come up as a missing person.

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/default.asp

you don't have to go in a confessional booth to make amends with god..

you don't have to go in a confessional booth to make amends with god..

Also possible that she planned to give confession and chickened out, staying in a pew instead. I've done that :innocent:

I've got an idea to get media involved. I'm working on it. Hopefully it will incite the police to at least look at surveillance video.

No, dog did not track her to the confessional.

No water

No history of mental health on either side of the family...ever

Sarah's choice to go to GW Sarah asked to stop and use the restroom.

It is not uncommon for a family to have no history of mental illness, and then to suddenly have a family member in mental health crisis.

We had no family history of mental illness, on either side of our family. And that is one reason none of us recognized it as such.

And my brother is 60 years old, and we have had no other family members since him, ever diagnosed with mental illness. It can be rare in a family, but still exist.

ETA: I am not totally convinced she was having a mental health issue. I am just saying it might be a possibility. Only because some of her actions seemed slightly irrational. If she was being followed she had chances to ask for help--in the church, in the market---and she did not do so. I am still not sure why she ran out into the night alone as opposed to asking for help.

I was told that if Maricela was not listed in the clearinghouse, she would not be listed in NCIC. If she were not in NCIC, then she could be picked up by police, taken to a hospital...anything, and no one would know she was listed as a missing person. Does anyone know if that is true? Why would LAPD not enter her into their database? From what I understand, that is SOP when someone is reported missing, no matter the circumstances. I feel like I am in some kind of rabbit hole or nightmare where nothing is real.

ETA: LAPD does not list her as missing. WTF?
http://www.lapdonline.org/missing_persons_listing

Mistivon the family needs to show up at the PD tomorrow and raise a ruckus. Unacceptable.

http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/missing.pdf
Guideline 3.3 The agency taking the missing person report shall submit the report to the AttorneyGeneral’s Office, Department of Justice, per PC §14205(b).A. The report shall be submitted through the California Law Enforcement TelecommunicationsSystem (CLETS) on-line missing persons system.B. The CLETS entry will automatically generate a report to the Department of Justice’s CJIS/MPS (Criminal Justice Information System/Missing Persons System)C. When a missing person is entered into the CJIS/MPS system, the record is automaticallysent to NCIC and entered into the NCIC Missing Person File, creating a NIC Number forthe case.

Which LE took the report, Reseda or Tarzana? Call the other one if you haven't already.
Because they are labelling her voluntarily missing, they can get out of doing anything with her case, including all of the above. The thing is they need to have something to support that conclusion.

The location including city, state, and exact address with back story and timelines are included in the 40 plus pages on this thread.

code4SAR

No, I have been following from the beginning. I understand the story and timelines. lol. Someone was surprised that New orleans has a 911 call log, so I was showing what they would look like. I am saying someone who knows more about her exact area and county could look and see if there is a similar thing for the area she went missing in. Sorry I didn't quote that post.

I was told that if Maricela was not listed in the clearinghouse, she would not be listed in NCIC. If she were not in NCIC, then she could be picked up by police, taken to a hospital...anything, and no one would know she was listed as a missing person. Does anyone know if that is true? Why would LAPD not enter her into their database? From what I understand, that is SOP when someone is reported missing, no matter the circumstances. I feel like I am in some kind of rabbit hole or nightmare where nothing is real.

ETA: LAPD does not list her as missing. WTF?
http://www.lapdonline.org/missing_persons_listing
I'm not ready to go down that rabbit hole myself. If she was being held on a 5150 charge LAPD couldve notified the family etc, it also would fall under public records accessible by anyone.

There would be a police report showing a minimum 72 hour hold in which most people are released, even people showing signs of a mental illness as long as they're not a threat to themselves.

What do they know? Idk, maybe they just DGAF, are too busy with priority cases, or maybe they're covering something up.

Keep on it.

code4SAR

LAPD took the initial report. I'm just a friend. I don't have any "pull" with the police. While the family are desperate to find her and after I organized the search, man they kicked butt...but they are kind of passive. It's like if I drove them to the police station, they would do it, but otherwise, I'm not sure they would. The only family member that I've seen be assertive is the brother and he is leaving town in the morning. I'm at such a loss. I can't do things for them and I'm frustrated at the lack of urgency. I mean, it's there and believe me...they 100% know she was abducted. They are terrified and they are broken and they are desperate...but they are just not the kind of people to go raise a ruckus. I am...some people are just different. They know the police aren't doing their job but feel powerless to get them to. That's kinda why I took over. I hope this doesn't sound wrong because I don't ever want any credit and I'm not superwoman, but I feel like if I had not gotten involved and created the page (at 's urging and with her help), I don't know what would be happening. Sometimes when we see this in MP cases, it's because the family "knows" what happened or just don't care...that is definitely NOT the case here. They are just polite, passive people.
I don't know how I can help with this. Is it out of line for me to call? Would anyone even listen to me? I don't want to alienate the police.

No, I have been following from the beginning. I understand the story and timelines. lol. Someone was surprised that New orleans has a 911 call log, so I was showing what they would look like. I am saying someone who knows more about her exact area and county could look and see if there is a similar thing for the area she went missing in. Sorry I didn't quote that post.
Too bad you couldn't find out if that information is available in Reseda. Although I'm not sure what your looking for.

code4SAR

Mistivon I am sure any citizen (such as yourself) could call and ask about what it takes for them to get a MP listed on NCIC, etc. but I'm guessing they won't talk to you specifically about Maricela. At the same time, it's worth a shot? Doesn't seem like they could possibly be doing less than they are now.

Too bad you couldn't find out if that information is available in Reseda. Although I'm not sure what your looking for.

code4SAR

My issue is that I don't know enough about Reseda. I tried to look up the county, but it said LA and when I went to another website, it was broken into several different areas. I am not familiar enough with that area to be able to determine what to exactly look for. If this info is not helpful, ok. But, I was thinking that someone with more knowledge of the area and what the police departments are called or whatever could check their websites to see if they have call logs. If we were talking about Avondale, Louisiana, I could help by telling you what parish it is in and what police department probably took the call and help to find that website that would coordinate with that. I am not knowledgeable enough about that area to get to the appropriate website. Like this is Antioch, Ca. But, I dont think that is near, is it?

http://www.ci.antioch.ca.us/CityGov/Police/crime-maps/current-cfs.pdf

I am looking for the call logs for the area she was last seen in or maybe even the surrounding areas. Like you said, they might have a 5150 call listed for a female fitting her description. Whew! I didn't realize I was being so confusing. I guess I will leave it alone. It was very helpful in another case I followed. If it is of no use here, then it isn't.

Mistivon - I am thinking your best chance of getting anywhere with the police is to call the detective that was assigned to Maricela's case and gently ask what it takes to get listed. Not to come across as accusing them of not caring - but to gently ask questions and see where the conversation goes.

My issue is that I don't know enough about Reseda. I tried to look up the county, but it said LA and when I went to another website, it was broken into several different areas. I am not familiar enough with that area to be able to determine what to exactly look for. If this info is not helpful, ok. But, I was thinking that someone with more knowledge of the area and what the police departments are called or whatever could check their websites to see if they have call logs. If we were talking about Avondale, Louisiana, I could help by telling you what parish it is in and what police department probably took the call and help to find that website that would coordinate with that. I am not knowledgeable enough about that area to get to the appropriate website. Like this is Antioch, Ca. But, I dont think that is near, is it?

http://www.ci.antioch.ca.us/CityGov/Police/crime-maps/current-cfs.pdf

I am looking for the call logs for the area she was last seen in or maybe even the surrounding areas. Like you said, they might have a 5150 call listed for a female fitting her description. Whew! I didn't realize I was being so confusing. I guess I will leave it alone. It was very helpful in another case I followed. If it is of no use here, then it isn't.
Police detectives are already on the case and would be aware of any related calls. As far as 911 calls most So Cal county's will filter and list limited calls on their website.

code4SAR

Okay, I will give the detective a very nice phone call. My main concern right now is that the business owners who were so helpful on Saturday, that agreed to allow someone to review the security footage tomorrow, won't be so helpful when no one comes to do that. Mr Mistivon and I both want to handle it but we both have to work :( I feel like this is a HUGE key to everything, even without Kaiser, and I just feel like it won't get done. If the family were going to do it, they would have already.
And mpnola, I think what you are suggesting is a great idea. See if any crimes/ mental health calls came in about the time she went missing. I am not sure if spotcrime is current but I will poke around a few places and see what I can find.
If you continue to search (thank you, I am so swamped and it's these kinds of things I need to do but get behind with), the call would have come in to LAPD, specifically West Division. What a wonderful suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste