Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
code4SAR, but would they? It seems like these detectives/police really didn't do a thorough job. Maybe there is a lot going on behind the scenes I don't know about, but I would think if they were pulling phone records or surveillance, they would let the family know anyway. I'm not so sure they WOULD look at calls, especially if they came in hours later, and put two and two together. I like to think police are competent and I've always trusted they are working hard behind the scenes doing things we don't know about. Unfortunately, I don't think that is happening here.
The brother called and asked about the dumpster. If they would process it or if he should call the recycling company, etc. He said he was told, "Do whatever you need to do to find your sister." I believe him.

code4SAR, but would they? It seems like these detectives/police really didn't do a thorough job. Maybe there is a lot going on behind the scenes I don't know about, but I would think if they were pulling phone records or surveillance, they would let the family know anyway. I'm not so sure they WOULD look at calls, especially if they came in hours later, and put two and two together. I like to think police are competent and I've always trusted they are working hard behind the scenes doing things we don't know about. Unfortunately, I don't think that is happening here.
The brother called and asked about the dumpster. If they would process it or if he should call the recycling company, etc. He said he was told, "Do whatever you need to do to find your sister." I believe him.

Thank you. I always prefer to see it myself and not rely only on police. Had you only been relying on police up until now, no search would have been done. A family/ friend have one missing person to focus on. The police have many. So, I always think it is helpful to try to do as much gathering as you can. It can then be given to them, but they often do not find it without a little help.

Just called LAPD West Valley. As suspected no 911 calls are available to the public and the officer even stated those are not available under the FOIA. That's not exactly true. As far as her brother doing everything he can to find her on his own, yes, that's unfortunately true. Can but won't give numerous examples of police misconduct. I left messages with waste management today being they're all closed hoping to pinpoint the vendor at that location. I'm assuming you have that information already. Definitely call and explain your situation without making them defensive. Can't say much more. PM me with info and I'll reach out myself.

code4SAR

I live 1.8 miles from GW. I have posted in the Lake Balboa Neighborhood Watch FB page. I have read the thread here regarding MG. I don't believe I have seen this posted: http://www.lapdblog.org

Thank you for the West LA information. That was helpful to start.

From their crime map (it would not list all calls, but it does show certain categories of crime), on 1/12/17, there were 2 car thefts literally within a few blocks of her right around the time she was missing. I would be curious what the details of those are or if they were resolved. There was clearly some serious criminal activity happening right there at that time on that day.

Motor Vehicle Theft
18600 BLOCK VALERIO ST
1-12-2017 @ 9:00 PM
Description
VEHICLE, STOLEN
Incident # 171004559

Motor Vehicle Theft
17900 BLOCK HARTLAND ST
1-12-2017 @ 9:30 PM
Description
VEHICLE, STOLEN
Incident #

http://www.crimemapping.com/Share/bd6f95dac2ec44c287e9eb8207632be8

This is the only shot you have at getting any 911 calls outside of having a journalist friend with access to someone in a 911 call center. Might be worth a shot. Can't hurt, in fact it will just make more waves.

http://www.lapdonline.org/communications_division

code4SAR

You are right- the actual calls are generally not released, without good reason. But, the 911 dispatch logs are usually available. It might not give details, but it shows what the call was about, the time, the location and usually what department responded.

You are right- the actual calls are generally not released, without good reason. But, the 911 dispatch logs are usually available. It might not give details, but it shows what the call was about, the time, the location and usually what department responded.
The calls are usually never released by LE without a subpoena. Yes limited logs are sometimes released via LE webpages which are filtered. Other outlets like you posted have limited logs. Then there are scanner apps which also have the ability to record. Unfortunately it would take an overwhelming amount of time to run ads on Craigslist looking for that one guy who actually archives daily scanner feeds. Believe me they are out there, but talk about a needle in a haystack. I firmly believe LAPD would or will put two and two together regarding a 911 call, but remember, they're the last people to give anyone Intel on their investigation, period.

code4SAR

If anyone is interested, this has the last 30 days of crimes. This includes not only the major crimes, but also
16. NARCOTICS
17. LIQUOR LAWS
18. DRUNK / ALCOHOL / DRUGS
19. DISORDERLY CONDUCT
20. VAGRANCY

Click the Part 1 and part 2 crime data. If anyone wants to take a look at the dates surrounding her disappearance to see if anything happened close to her location, it might be helpful. All it takes is one connection to get information. I have to go take care of my child now. Y'all have a good night.

http://shq.lasdnews.net/CrimeStats/CAASS/desc.html

I don't think this case will have much to do with her work at PostMates. I doubt she ever saw or did anything illegal there.

My husband has used their services at his office before. A quick and easy way to get food or supplies delivered when everyone else in busy on a deadline. But you cannot ask for any particular delivery person or anything. You have no idea who will be coming to drop things off.

It is much like UBER. You have the App on your cell and they have all of your info. So you can only ask for them to go to legal, legit, locations. They will pick up food or simple supplies from a store for a fee. Husband ordered printer ink and special paper when they ran out in the middle of a big project. But usually they order food.

I don't think her deliveries will have much to do with her going missing.
She mentioned being harassed by a coworker. How can we find out more about that?

If anyone is interested, this has the last 30 days of crimes. This includes not only the major crimes, but also
16. NARCOTICS
17. LIQUOR LAWS
18. DRUNK / ALCOHOL / DRUGS
19. DISORDERLY CONDUCT
20. VAGRANCY

Click the Part 1 and part 2 crime data. If anyone wants to take a look at the dates surrounding her disappearance to see if anything happened close to her location, it might be helpful. All it takes is one connection to get information. I have to go take care of my child now. Y'all have a good night.

http://shq.lasdnews.net/CrimeStats/CAASS/desc.html
Great work finding this database, unfortunately it's LA Sherriff and not LAPD. Didn't see anything in Reseda most likely due to jurisdiction, but it definitely shows the amount of crimes LE deals with every day in So Cal. Overwhelming!

code4SAR

She mentioned being harassed by a coworker. How can we find out more about that?

She was not harassed 'on the job' by a co-worker. In fact, on this job, you never see any co-workers. You are dispatched by phone and go right to the job. No co-workers are anywhere near your delivery.

According to what was reported upthread, she had a past acquaintance, that she had a prior issue with. And she ran into them somewhere, and they had some kind of argument/incident. And she said she believed they worked for the same company as she does. So it was not really a work related incident, apparently.

So, Edgar thought the best way to push the police into action was by spilling everything I'd purposely held back to generate interest throughout the week. The Daily News will be releasing every single piece of information I have tomorrow online.
I am concerned that if the print media gets the story first, the television media won't be interested. I asked the print reporter to hold off a day and she refused. Told me its her news or whatever. What I am doing is countering that with my own story.
Instead of feeding a little at a time to the public to keep them interested and sharing, I'm going to be releasing everything all at once. This makes me very very sad to do this BUT, I think what is out there will be compelling enough to hopefully FINALLY get her on the news. I hope...although NBC has consistently refused to do a story as long as LAPD has Maricela as voluntarily missing.
Well, my prayer/thought is that someone will want to interview this family and a reporter or two or three will read the press release and ask the cops what is going on. Maybe the cops won't want to look incompetent and will actually DO something like pull tapes or send a dog out.
Soon, maybe tonight, you will have everything I have. Then some things might make sense.

Please spread the word. Maricela and her family need your support. Please show up for a few minutes, thirty minutes, whatever you can spare and please wear pink. There will not be an organized search but I encourage people to stay and look around the area. This will be two weeks to the minute from when Maricela disappeared. Maybe there will be someone in the area who was there that night. Maybe an employee remembers seeing her. Maybe someone who shops at Jon's every Thursday night has information. Maybe this will bring her home.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindMaricelaGarcia/

Is anyone still up that I can message with about media contacts? I'm trying to decide if I want to send this out tonight or in the morning but when I do, I want to send to every television station email and FB at once. Can anyone help?

She was not harassed 'on the job' by a co-worker. In fact, on this job, you never see any co-workers. You are dispatched by phone and go right to the job. No co-workers are anywhere near your delivery.

According to what was reported upthread, she had a past acquaintance, that she had a prior issue with. And she ran into them somewhere, and they had some kind of argument/incident. And she said she believed they worked for the same company as she does. So it was not really a work related incident, apparently.
i don't know how I missed reading that, but thank you. I still feel it's relevant for someone to look into.

So, Edgar thought the best way to push the police into action was by spilling everything I'd purposely held back to generate interest throughout the week. The Daily News will be releasing every single piece of information I have tomorrow online.
I am concerned that if the print media gets the story first, the television media won't be interested. I asked the print reporter to hold off a day and she refused. Told me its her news or whatever. What I am doing is countering that with my own story.
Instead of feeding a little at a time to the public to keep them interested and sharing, I'm going to be releasing everything all at once. This makes me very very sad to do this BUT, I think what is out there will be compelling enough to hopefully FINALLY get her on the news. I hope...although NBC has consistently refused to do a story as long as LAPD has Maricela as voluntarily missing.
Well, my prayer/thought is that someone will want to interview this family and a reporter or two or three will read the press release and ask the cops what is going on. Maybe the cops won't want to look incompetent and will actually DO something like pull tapes or send a dog out.
Soon, maybe tonight, you will have everything I have. Then some things might make sense.

Great work!!

I hope the coverage results in information....and in locating Maricela.

Maricela and Sarah live 15-20 minutes from GW and to the family's knowledge, neither of them had been there before or were familiar with the area.

The dogs did NOT walk towards the car. That leads me to believe the sister was mistaken. The cops have searched nothing. They do not want to examine the dumpster, subpoena her phone and delivery records or review security footage. Can someone please explain to me why not? I keep thinking there must be something the family is not telling me but they swear there is not. They are frantic.

One of the items found was a half smoked cigarette behind Jon's. Granted, it may not be hers but her brand is fairly rare and the dog tracked her to that area. Mr Mistivon says it looks as though she was smoking and something spooked her. He thinks that is the point that she began to feel afraid.

We don't know when the phone was smashed. We don't know the phone was hers. ATT will not release phone records to the family and the police have not asked.

She might have had some kind of debt. However, everyone I have spoken with describes Maricela as very shy. They are adamant, she would not have wanted to meet anyone in a dark parking lot and definitely would not have gotten into a vehicle, no matter who it was or the reason.

I am doing everything I can to get the word out. The Daily News at this point has the scoop and I am trying to get it to the visual media before hand. If someone is going to release all the details, I want it to be on the news with an interview. I don't know how else to get them interested. I have tried everything. I have contacts at ABC and CBS, a friend has a contact at NBC and because of the protests and weather evacuations going on, there are no crews available, no matter the "scoop." So discouraged.

I feel the parking lots were probably empty. The door to the church opened onto a big parking lot that connects with the big back parking lot of the strip she was in. They seem to just be the fastest way from point A to point B.

I wondered if she had entered the church seeking safety, purposely positioning herself by the exit. When she saw whoever coming in the front door, she ran out the side door, into the parking lot and on to Lindley Avenue. That to me, seems likely.

Her sister found her ID. Maricela did not have it as was initially reported.

The church restroom was probably locked. Jon's has one that is easily accessible. Confession hours were not posted that I saw.

code4SAR you are a blessing. Please keep helping us.

Her car was parked in front of Rent A Center next to the 99 Cent Store. That is where the two men accosted Sarah. That is why she went to 711 to wait for her ride and left her car.

She did not have her purse in GW

Security at 99 Cent Store was checked and supposedly she was not on it. The dog did not find her scent in there.

The dog was taken all around the dumpster area. No scent.

No odd behavior or signs of mental illness. She believed she was being followed but the family believed her. Who knows if she was.

She was DEFINITELY in the church. The dog made a beeline for it. According to scent, she looked in/went in all the different rooms (not the bathroom). She sat in a pew by the exit. The scent was so strong there, the dog actually jumped up and sat in the pew.

The ladies there did not mention her interacting with someone else. They described her as "scared", "hurried" and "afraid" when she went out the side door.

soanyway those are all great ideas and within the realm of possibility although SD was adamant that it was Maricela herself the dog was following. The dog only wavered once at that was down Lindley when Maricela backtracked. The remainder of the path is certain.

I will be checking in periodically. I am battling with media today. I don't understand why they won't at least listen...supposedly it is because as long as the police list her as voluntary, there is no mystery. Maybe she wouldn't be if the police would investigate the dumpster or view the footage. I'm discouraged and sad.
Is bloodhoundsleuther around?

BBM

Almost finished reading the 33 pages of this thread. This infuriates me because so far I have seen nothing that indicates her disappearance was 100% voluntary. At the VERY LEAST, she disappeared voluntarily because she feared someone. I have seen other cases which are outright obvious voluntary and LE and media are all over it. LE knows something they aren't telling.

Wondering if there is a chance that she could be a police informant?

Hate to ask this, but is there a bridge over water nearby?

There actually is water nearby. The LA River crosses under Lindley Ave. a mile south of Sherman Way. There was over an inch of rain that day.

The river is usually empty, but can run high and fast during rain.
rain.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member