Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
b9dd060906d8e010c377900a3ba3b2af.jpg

I was honored to attend Maricela's prayer vigil last night. This statue was a special place as she and her mom had said the Rosary there together. By all accounts, Mari was a warm & wonderful person. RIP sweet girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's such a beautiful spot. Makes my heart happy to see that but I'm still sad. I hope this case gets solved. RIP Maricela may you Rest In Peace Sweet girl 💗💗💗

Ok. I am taking a deep breath and with a heavy and reluctant heart, am going to read back through posts. Many of you know I had a heart attack and was comatose for a bit...in fact the day I was discharged from the hospital was the day they confirmed the remains were Mari's. I am having a very difficult time with her death....despite not knowing her personally, I came to feel like she was one of my kids, just like Sarah and Edgar. I was unable to attend the mass and vigil and don't really feel like I've had closure....like it just isn't real yet. I pulled her flyers out of my trunk the other day and just sobbed. Sounds silly considering the level of my involvement, I know...but very real. Even writing about it is making me cry. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer.
There is nothing I know that you don't. I am not in the loop any longer. I expect I will be notified by family if an arrest is made or when COD is determined, but even if I find out anything about the investigation, of course I can't post it here. We WILL find the b^*#ar$ that did this and bring him to justice, that's a promise.
I miss you all so much. It is just so hard to come here. Between Mari and Marcus (and my team was also on Aleah's case, but I had not personally gotten involved yet), this has been a rough month. I am rethinking whether I should actually continue looking into missing persons. I just don't know.
So thank you all for everything...I will catch up soon.

Ok. I am taking a deep breath and with a heavy and reluctant heart, am going to read back through posts. Many of you know I had a heart attack and was comatose for a bit...in fact the day I was discharged from the hospital was the day they confirmed the remains were Mari's. I am having a very difficult time with her death....despite not knowing her personally, I came to feel like she was one of my kids, just like Sarah and Edgar. I was unable to attend the mass and vigil and don't really feel like I've had closure....like it just isn't real yet. I pulled her flyers out of my trunk the other day and just sobbed. Sounds silly considering the level of my involvement, I know...but very real. Even writing about it is making me cry. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer.
There is nothing I know that you don't. I am not in the loop any longer. I expect I will be notified by family if an arrest is made or when COD is determined, but even if I find out anything about the investigation, of course I can't post it here. We WILL find the b^*#ar$ that did this and bring him to justice, that's a promise.
I miss you all so much. It is just so hard to come here. Between Mari and Marcus (and my team was also on Aleah's case, but I had not personally gotten involved yet), this has been a rough month. I am rethinking whether I should actually continue looking into missing persons. I just don't know.

I am so sorry to hear you have been having these health problems. Take care of yourself. You have done so much. Take pride in that even if things didn't work out how you hoped. You did things a lot of people only talk about. Take care of yourself and come here when it is good for you. Hugs

I am so sorry, I had no idea about your health issues. I hope you're on the mend. I have thought of you often and I'm truly sorry that maricela's case ended so tragically. I will continue to keep you, as well as her family in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourself.

Ohmygoodness. This breaks my heart again @mistivision. I'm putting sleuthing behind me for now, as this case really got to me. From day 1 I felt part of this team and here we are months later and I feel broken. I can't imagine how you must feel @mistivision, or anyone who were part of the actual search efforts. I had such high hopes we would find this beautiful angel. I can't believe how this ended. Heartbreaking. In so many ways.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

But see, for those reasons, you must stay, just as I must.
We are part of a team. Maybe we are all broken, but we can all mend if we do it together.
There are so many more girls that need this team. After some time to grieve, we must work together to save the next girl. And, we must work together to find Mari's killer.
Don't leave

Ohmygoodness. This breaks my heart again @mistivision. I'm putting sleuthing behind me for now, as this case really got to me. From day 1 I felt part of this team and here we are months later and I feel broken. I can't imagine how you must feel @mistivision, or anyone who were part of the actual search efforts. I had such high hopes we would find this beautiful angel. I can't believe how this ended. Heartbreaking. In so many ways.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Many hugs to you all. I have been quiet for some time but reading. I was so wrong. I thought she would come home. This was a terrible and important dose of reality for me. I know Mistivon, that you are not looking for accolades, but you are one heck of a human. It has moved me and inspired me and freaked me out how completely selfless you are. I am shocked to hear you had a heart attack. As strong as you are selfless it seems. Your story and Mari's brought me into this community. It's touched my soul. Thank you

Part of why I am so distraught is that Santa Clarita WAS brought up, even in the very beginning. Edgar brought it up but he could never give me a reason to go there or be more specific in a location. Therefore, although I asked here if anyone would be willing to hang flyers in the area, I never sent anyone to search and I never went myself. I thought it was a long shot and she was more likely in the Reseda area. I know "if onlys" will kill you, but it haunts me...if only I had gone there to look. If only I had taken just one weekend and focused there. If only I had looked harder, more often, better. I know that she was probably gone that first night, but we could have brought her home weeks earlier. I never looked.

Part of why I am so distraught is that Santa Clarita WAS brought up, even in the very beginning. Edgar brought it up but he could never give me a reason to go there or be more specific in a location. Therefore, although I asked here if anyone would be willing to hang flyers in the area, I never sent anyone to search and I never went myself. I thought it was a long shot and she was more likely in the Reseda area. I know "if onlys" will kill you, but it haunts me...if only I had gone there to look. If only I had taken just one weekend and focused there. If only I had looked harder, more often, better. I know that she was probably gone that first night, but we could have brought her home weeks earlier. I never looked.

You need to be gentle with yourself. You did everything humanly possible to find her. You cannot second guess yourself as that will only add more pain and anguish and it's not fair to you. You don't need accolades but believe me when I say that you are the kind of human being the world needs more of. Take care of yourself. ((Hugs))

She's home now. And in the big scheme of cases, this was fast. Finding a human who is no longer walking among us is a nearly impossible task. I think it was more important that you were searching where she would be, if she were able to be saved. It's a sad ending, but one where the search is over, so take care of yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

@Mistivon I an so sorry to hear about your health situation. You need to make sure you are taking care of "you" first, because what good can you be to anyone else if you are not at your best? Believe me, I should try taking my own advise and I know it is easier said than done.

Although you may not have acheived the "goal" you intended you certaintly should feel like you have accomplished quite a lot. You are a leader, for one, but you are human. You can't always change fate or destiny, but you don't have to like it.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Oh wow Mistivon, I had no idea. I'd been wondering where you were and hoping you were okay. I'm so sad to hear you weren't... but glad to know that now you are (or at least recovering). I'm not very eloquent when it comes to this kind of thing but I just wanted to send you my best wishes for your whole wellbeing.

:getwell:

Mistivon, you gave so much of your heart and soul into this case. Please take care of yourself. The world needs more people like you in it... helping those without a voice. Rest and embrace the ones you love. Hugs

Was anything ever released as a follow up after finding her remains?

Was anything ever released as a follow up after finding her remains?

Not that I have seen. I haven't seen anything on cause of death even, as far as I can remember.

Not that I have seen. I haven't seen anything on cause of death even, as far as I can remember.

Me neither. I followed since Day 1 and was curious what actually happened. Most likely we will never know but thought I would ask.

Me neither. I followed since Day 1 and was curious what actually happened. Most likely we will never know but thought I would ask.
Same here very curious. I would still like yup knw if it has to do auth the secret she knew. Seeing how secretive her family was i doubt well ever know

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy
Back