CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/03/oakland-warehouse-fire-city-had-launched-probe-last-month-into-buildings-interior-structure/

OAKLAND — Just three weeks before Friday’s deadly fire, city building inspectors had launched an investigation into “illegal structures” built inside the converted warehouse dubbed the “Ghost Ship,” but officials conceded Saturday they had been unable to gain access during an inspection visit and it appears they did not follow up.

City building inspectors wrote in online records Saturday that “some of the victims might have been trapped in the blaze when they couldn’t escape down a makeshift, one-way stairwell leading to the second floor that was built out of wooden pallets.”

Matt Hummel, who occasionally visited the warehouse, called the way up to the mezzanine “a pirate ship claptrap” that was “a really scary way to get up and down. It was like climbing a fort.”
There was a little-known staircase behind an area of the mezzanine used as a musical stage, said Hummel, 46. It was unknown Saturday if anyone tried to escape the fire using those stairs.

Sherriff has no idea how many left in building, how many off missing list.

So the party was on the second floor correct? So were there no windows to jump out of on the second floor?

I wonder why it was deleted. It had already been picked up by MSM (well, at least the DailyMail). It sounded authentic to me; the part about a man yelling "this is the exit" gave me chills.

About the deleted reddit poster, the person posted on a legal advice thread over there, worried that he was going to get subpoenaed and just in general sounding freaked out because he didn't know what to expect and he'd been through this huge traumatic event. It sounds like he was young, possibly an 18-year-old, and he didn't know what being subpoenaed would entail and just wanted to try to forget anything ever happened. People there were giving him generally solid advice (talk to parents or a trusted adult for advice, you probably will end up being involved in court proceedings as a witness but nothing bad is going to happen from them for you, maybe talk to a lawyer if the police contact you and you're scared).

So I think the guy is just traumatized and scared by the event and wants it to go away. Possibly he might also be concerned that they'll be asking about underaged drinking or drugs and doesn't want to get in trouble, but people were reassuring him that as a victim, the police weren't concerned if he was drinking or smoking pot, they probably assume everyone there was. They just wanted to figure out what went wrong.

I don't understand having a Rave with 100 people while there is priceless art all over the place that belongs to the artists that work and live there.

So was the art studio just more of a ruse to allow the artists to actually live there instead of living on the streets or something?

I would imagine that some would peddle their wears to people that were there for the party. A number of events I have attended with a similar vibe have had people selling their art in an adjacent space while the music plays.

Deflecting questions about Derick Ion to the DA's office

So the party was on the second floor correct? So were there no windows to jump out of on the second floor?

I heard there were chains across some of the windows.

My sister in law was at the rave. We cannot find her. She's not answering her phone which is dead. The coroner said she's on the unaccounted list. Please
pray for us. I'm on the plane to Oakland. Her name is Jennifer Mendiola. My brother is flipping out.
Praying for you and your family. I pray you will find her safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

7names will be announced.
Travel trailers inside warehouse must be searched, people may be in there living.
IMO if there were propane tanks hooked up to trailers what a bomb type situation............
hard to believe...........IMOO
Gitana sending XOXO

65% left to search including some RV trailers in the building

Attachments

• IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 70
I had read reports of people jumping out the windows (might have just been one or two).

I had hesitated to post about trailers possibly being inside, but it was reported in the current presser.

Shelley Mack said he lived in the warehouse for five months at the end of 2014 and witnessed generator fires and artists using butane torches. Showers upstairs were heated with propane, he said.
Another man who said he lived in the warehouse for a few months said it was strewn with electrical wires that sometimes sparked. The interior often smelled like burning wires and wood. There were numerous wooden living spaces, and even camping trailers inside.
“The whole place was wires and cables and wood, said DeL Lee, 34.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/...last-month-into-buildings-interior-structure/

They will release names of 7 dead shortly. Surpasses the total of the 1991 Oakland Hills fire, which was huge.
They will go after owner and manager. Owner lives overseas, daughter is in Pleasanton. Charging money compunds problem. Tinderbox, pallet stairs, artists with paint.

The Mayor sure did get testy when a journalist asked about the international victims from Europe and Asia. It was verified that a crime investigation task force has been formed which includes multiple agencies but refused to share any other info. This silence has me very concerned... Seems that the prosecutor/district attorney would have attended the presser... jmo

The Mayor sure did get testy when a journalist asked about the international victims from Europe and Asia. It was verified that a crime investigation task force has been formed which includes multiple agencies but refused to share any other info. This silence has me very concerned... Seems that the prosecutor/district attorney would have attended the presser... jmo

I am glad your here Fire

Identifying by fingerprints.

What is Derick 'Ion' real name?
This article comments says it is his nickname

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics