CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@tarabull posted this article in the Elaine Park thread. Wow.

@tarabull posted this article in the Elaine Park thread. Wow.

One has to wonder why when a missing person's case that offers few clues is first brought to attention the first thought is "suicide," "misadventure," "accident." Just because the facts don't make sense the case should be thouroughly investigated. Otherwise basically someone in authority is making a judgement call on a person's life, character, habits and traits. And IMO who is anyone including someone in authority to make a judgement on someone's life. It is the person's business how they lived their life. So what if someone has depression, PTSD, or mental health issues. These things should not factor in. People with mental health issues, addiction problems can be murdered too or assaulted. No one has the right to judge. Because if it happened to the victim it can happen to anyone. But people don't want to believe this. There has to be a public outcry only then this can change. There are people ou there who just want to create havoc in one way or another and the rest of us let these people do so thinking ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME!

I don't know how I missed this. I actually recognized Matthew's stepmother in a missing person documentary made probably a few years ago so I decided to watch it. I soon realized that this was a missing person from my community. Minutes later I realized that this was the boy/man that went missing like Elaine Park (which I had been following since Day 1) but I thought it was closer to the beach. After looking at a bunch of the ariel photos, it's hard to tell but it looks like there could be a bunch of items (or rocks) strewn down the side of the mountain. I am not sure how old the photos are, however. After this much time, with the winds, fires, and rain the aerial footage is probably out of date. It might be helpful to retake the photos and see if there are any changes.

I don't know how I missed this. I actually recognized Matthew's stepmother in a missing person documentary made probably a few years ago so I decided to watch it. I soon realized that this was a missing person from my community. Minutes later I realized that this was the boy/man that went missing like Elaine Park (which I had been following since Day 1) but I thought it was closer to the beach. After looking at a bunch of the ariel photos, it's hard to tell but it looks like there could be a bunch of items (or rocks) strewn down the side of the mountain. I am not sure how old the photos are, however. After this much time, with the winds, fires, and rain the aerial footage is probably out of date. It might be helpful to retake the photos and see if there are any changes.
Dozens of searchers combed over that whole area, including drones.

DEC 5, 2022

Matthew Weaver Jr.

matthew_weaver_jr.jpg

Matthew Weaver Jr. was last seen in the early morning hours of August 10, 2018, near Malibu, California. According to family, the 32-year-old hung out with a new friend until around 4:30 a.m., and then drove to the Malibu Canyons after dropping the friend off at her house. According to the family, who had access to his phone records through his ex-girlfriend, Matthew sent several texts and posted to Snapchat later that morning. Early the next morning, according to a press release by the Los Angeles Police Department, Matthew’s car was found “abandoned on the Topanga Tower Motorway, near Rosas Overlook, and above the Backbone Trail and Hondo Canyon areas.” Since Matthew’s disappearance, authorities, friends, and family have conducted multiple searches, but nothing of significance has been found. Family is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to Matthew’s whereabouts. They have also created a website where people can submit any information they may have regarding Matthew’s disappearance. If you have any information on Matthew’s case, please call the Los Angeles Police Department’s Missing Persons Unit at 213-996-1800. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call the Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or go to www.lacrimestoppers.org.

DEC 5, 2022

Matthew Weaver Jr.

matthew_weaver_jr.jpg

Matthew Weaver Jr. was last seen in the early morning hours of August 10, 2018, near Malibu, California. According to family, the 32-year-old hung out with a new friend until around 4:30 a.m., and then drove to the Malibu Canyons after dropping the friend off at her house. According to the family, who had access to his phone records through his ex-girlfriend, Matthew sent several texts and posted to Snapchat later that morning. Early the next morning, according to a press release by the Los Angeles Police Department, Matthew’s car was found “abandoned on the Topanga Tower Motorway, near Rosas Overlook, and above the Backbone Trail and Hondo Canyon areas.” Since Matthew’s disappearance, authorities, friends, and family have conducted multiple searches, but nothing of significance has been found. Family is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to Matthew’s whereabouts. They have also created a website where people can submit any information they may have regarding Matthew’s disappearance. If you have any information on Matthew’s case, please call the Los Angeles Police Department’s Missing Persons Unit at 213-996-1800. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call the Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or go to www.lacrimestoppers.org.
It was brought to my attention that the link in this article is not related to Matthew Weaver, but another missing person.

Here is the link to Matthew's find page on FB: Help Find Matthew Weaver Jr | Facebook

My apologies.

I live in the area and was thinking about this case while hiking the other day. I was wondering if there has been any updated photos or has there been any new searches because the terrain has really changed after all of the rain we have gotten this year. My guess is there may be items that were not previously recovered that might possibly have moved. I'd be happy to help if your family needs any.

I live in the area and was thinking about this case while hiking the other day. I was wondering if there has been any updated photos or has there been any new searches because the terrain has really changed after all of the rain we have gotten this year. My guess is there may be items that were not previously recovered that might possibly have moved. I'd be happy to help if your family needs any.
I didn't even think of the change that was caused after all the rain. You might be able to reach out to the family on their FB page.

or website.

The links to download the aerial photos and to view the drone video seem to be broken. Does anyone know if they are available somewhere else?

Code:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ca-matthew-weaver-21-santa-monica-mountains-10-aug-2018.385518/post-14707332
Code:
http://matthewweaver.origininvestigations.com/albums/aerial-photos/
Code:
http://www.matthewweaver.tips/pages/aerial-photos/
They are still where they always were. Maybe the URL
you input had the trailing 'slash' missing.

Last edited:
Code:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ca-matthew-weaver-21-santa-monica-mountains-10-aug-2018.385518/post-14707332
Code:
Code:
http://www.matthewweaver.tips/pages/aerial-photos/
They are still where they always were. Maybe the URL
you input had the trailing 'slash' missing.
The links to view the photos work, but the links to download them or view the drone footage give 404 errors

I understand what you are getting at now.
Yes, the link to download the 14GB [high resolution]
photograph collection & the drone video in the URL's
above are broken.
If you want drone video's of the area, other providers
such as e.g. Immortal Investigations on Youtube have
made video's of there.

It is possible to view and save (download) all of the
photographs at (specific URL's) ;
Code:
Code:
http://www.matthewweaver.tips/content/
either by saving the jpg from the webpage or from the
Lightbox webpage they may also be displayed on,
however, the webpage saved jpgs are approximately
800 x 533 pixels, 189KB size & the Lightbox jpgs are
approximately 1024 x 683 pixels, 304KB size.

Yes, only some high resolution area jpg's from the
URL's above are available, apparently, area picture
20181104-SearchScan1-002.jpg up to picture 20181104-SearchScan1-100.jpg have available a displayed Download
Link to allow each of those pictures to be downloaded
in a approximately 5473 x 3648 pixels, 16MB size
high resolution picture (perhaps a bit counterintuitively,
you don't click on the word 'download' but instead click
on the e.g. displayed '5473 x 3648' picture pixel size).

The other pictures of the area, 20181104-SearchScan1
-101.jpg up to 20181104-SearchScan1-803.jpg have
no download link for high resolution.

Apparently OriginInvestigations decided to only provide
an ability for individual download of near 100 area
photographs in high resolution & decided not to provide
links for individual download of each of those other
remaining area photographs in high resolution.
Cheers

Last edited:
I understand what you are getting at now.
Yes, the link to download the 14GB [high resolution]
photograph collection & the drone video in the URL's
above are broken.
If you want drone video's of the area, other providers
such as e.g. Immortal Investigations on Youtube have
made video's of there.

It is possible to view and save (download) all of the
photographs at (specific URL's) ;
Code:
Code:
http://www.matthewweaver.tips/content/
either by saving the jpg from the webpage or from the
Lightbox webpage they may also be displayed on,
however, the webpage saved jpgs are approximately
800 x 533 pixels, 189KB size & the Lightbox jpgs are
approximately 1024 x 683 pixels, 304KB size.

Yes, only some high resolution area jpg's from the
URL's above are available, apparently, area picture
20181104-SearchScan1-002.jpg up to picture 20181104-SearchScan1-100.jpg have available a displayed Download
Link to allow each of those pictures to be downloaded
in a approximately 5473 x 3648 pixels, 16MB size
high resolution picture (perhaps a bit counterintuitively,
you don't click on the word 'download' but instead click
on the e.g. displayed '5473 x 3648' picture pixel size).

The other pictures of the area, 20181104-SearchScan1
-101.jpg up to 20181104-SearchScan1-803.jpg have
no download link for high resolution.

Apparently OriginInvestigations decided to only provide
an ability for individual download of near 100 area
photographs in high resolution & decided not to provide
links for individual download of each of those other
remaining area photographs in high resolution.
Cheers
Thank you!

No updates that I know of (I'm local to this one). And the person mentioned in the article linked above (Mitrice) is not missing, she was found dead.

There are several good podcasts on her case, which shows something about what the area is like. Crime Junkie has a good one.

DEC 5, 2022

Matthew Weaver Jr.

matthew_weaver_jr.jpg

Hi just an fyi the website link you attached takes you to another missing persons page for Mike VanZandt. Not sure if it’s correctable but just wanted you to know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back