CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Is a security guard still around? If they gate was left open for MW to drive up there, somebody could have been up there by car, maybe working at the tower? @joeconejo How did the family get the security footage from the tower?

Unrelated but...another questions for @joeconejo Any information on where MW met his female friend that night? From the text messages it sounds like it wasn't at her house.

We did not get the security footage- it was reviewed by LE.
It was at her house.

I spoke with the Facebook group admin. He/she said that Matthew had a tattoo across his chest that said Jeremiah. Also, I was able to get a likeness of his baseball cap. It was a LA Angels cap but it seems sports teams have a dozen variants nowadays. Profiled him at my website. Very strange case.
What does the Jeremiah tattoo represent?

I spoke with the Facebook group admin. He/she said that Matthew had a tattoo across his chest that said Jeremiah. Also, I was able to get a likeness of his baseball cap. It was a LA Angels cap but it seems sports teams have a dozen variants nowadays. Profiled him at my website. Very strange case.
@UncoolNegated Im not able to read any of your blogs. I can see your profile but when I click on a case it tells me the page doesnt exist.

We did not hear the 911 call - only what LE has told us.
Female friend admitted to drug use that night.
She had no information to give regarding Matthews plans or intent.
P.I. services are being contracted.
New to this site. Long-time tracker (mostly throughout Asia and MidEast), but have lived in/around Topanga/Malibu most of my life. Several things stand out.

Access to the road on Rosas Overlook is locked. Rarely is it left wide open for someone to stumble down (in their car). It's a long drive down in - quite clearly - the wrong direction if someone is lost. Driving down to the end is with specific intent and, likely, the assistance of someone who opened one of the padlocks.

I assume a team as thoroughly examined on foot the single-track that follows the ridge connecting Rosas Overlook to Red Rock Cyn??? On Saturday (10/6) I was very close to this area and watched about 10 ravens/birds circling, despite shifting winds, in one tight area along this ridge path. Had I known for sure that no one had examined this area, and were I better prepared, I would have hiked to the location, popped a drone up, taken photos vertically through the brush, etc. In the attached photo, the center represents roughly where the birds were circling.

There are many other salient points, but as I'm new to this thread, I'll leave it at this. Sorry for the unknown - it is ALWAYS the worst feeling ever.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 11.46.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 11.46.58 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
New to this site. Long-time tracker (mostly throughout Asia and MidEast), but have lived in/around Topanga/Malibu most of my life. Several things stand out.

Access to the road on Rosas Overlook is locked. Rarely is it left wide open for someone to stumble down (in their car). It's a long drive down in - quite clearly - the wrong direction if someone is lost. Driving down to the end is with specific intent and, likely, the assistance of someone who opened one of the padlocks.

I assume a team as thoroughly examined on foot the single-track that follows the ridge connecting Rosas Overlook to Red Rock Cyn??? On Saturday (10/6) I was very close to this area and watched about 10 ravens/birds circling, despite shifting winds, in one tight area along this ridge path. Had I known for sure that no one had examined this area, and were I better prepared, I would have hiked to the location, popped a drone up, taken photos vertically through the brush, etc. In the attached photo, the center represents roughly where the birds were circling.

There are many other salient points, but as I'm new to this thread, I'll leave it at this. Sorry for the unknown - it is ALWAYS the worst feeling ever.

Is it possible for you to mark the photo of exactly where you are talking about?

The last time I was out there, all day Friday the 28th of Sep. there were a lot of Raven / Crows in that same area. That is also the same area that has some caves that were also looked into. That area was searched extensively on more than one occasion on foot and via drone. The birds seem to have a roost around there as we observed them from a distance and right next to them.

The last time I was out there, all day Friday the 28th of Sep. there were a lot of Raven / Crows in that same area. That is also the same area that has some caves that were also looked into. That area was searched extensively on more than one occasion on foot and via drone. The birds seem to have a roost around there as we observed them from a distance and right next to them.
Glad that people already thoroughly checked this remote sliver of a ridgeline trail, as improbably as it may be that he would have elected to trek down this (towards Red Rock). Agree there may be roosts in that area (center of map screenshot I uploaded) and wind currents used by the birds to fan out.

Question: Is there a comprehensive map that shows all of the areas that have been searched, by what means, when, etc? Clearly SaR/LE have something like this, but I would assume the family has access and can make it public? Some of us know the area well and can trek better than SaR/LEO.

Glad that people already thoroughly checked this remote sliver of a ridgeline trail, as improbably as it may be that he would have elected to trek down this (towards Red Rock). Agree there may be roosts in that area (center of map screenshot I uploaded) and wind currents used by the birds to fan out.

Question: Is there a comprehensive map that shows all of the areas that have been searched, by what means, when, etc? Clearly SaR/LE have something like this, but I would assume the family has access and can make it public? Some of us know the area well and can trek better than SaR/LEO.
Screenshot_20181008-182600.jpg
This is the search map. Maybe @joeconejo can confirm whether this is up to date?
Looks like the Backbone trail still needs checked out?
Source of the map publication is
Disturbing Details Emerge in the Disappearance of Matthew Weaver Jr. - The Local Malibu

Last edited:
Posted by the admin on Matthew’s “Help Find” FB page 19 hours ago:

“We are still looking for Matthew Weaver. We want to thank all the volunteers that came out on 9/28/18.
We want to thank the continued support of LAPD Missing Persons department & Lost Hills Police Department.
Also thank you to KTLA 5 for coming out to cover Matt Weaver's story.
We are looking into a couple leads at this time but still need everyone to keep sharing Matt's story and pictures.”
Help Find Matthew Weaver Jr

Posted by the admin on Matthew’s “Help Find” FB page 19 hours ago:

“We are still looking for Matthew Weaver. We want to thank all the volunteers that came out on 9/28/18.
We want to thank the continued support of LAPD Missing Persons department & Lost Hills Police Department.
Also thank you to KTLA 5 for coming out to cover Matt Weaver's story.
We are looking into a couple leads at this time but still need everyone to keep sharing Matt's story and pictures.”
Help Find Matthew Weaver Jr

I hope one of the leads they're tracking down leads to Matthew.

@joeconejo So video exists of him dropping the female friend off at her house and leaving? Is he actually seen in this video from her house or just the car?

The video does not exist, or at least is no longer available. I was under the impression that LE had reviewed it but it turns out it was never seen, so we only have the friends statements.

View attachment 150182
This is the search map. Maybe @joeconejo can confirm whether this is up to date?
Looks like the Backbone trail still needs checked out?
Source of the map publication is
Disturbing Details Emerge in the Disappearance of Matthew Weaver Jr. - The Local Malibu

A good portion of the Backbone trail heading east and the Red Rock trail were checked out. We did not focus on Backbone feeling it was the most traveled and likely for a random hiker to find something. It is my understanding that SAR also went down Backbone.

We did not hear the 911 call - only what LE has told us.
Female friend admitted to drug use that night.
She had no information to give regarding Matthews plans or intent.
P.I. services are being contracted.

If you don't mind....what is your personal feeling about this being related to LSD use (or weed wax) and a possible 'bad trip'? I'm asking since the female friend admitted to drug use that night and earlier comments by MalibuBarbie mentioned LSD specifically. Did you receive information that he might have consumed LSD or weed wax that night or the next morning? I guess hallucinogen use could be an explanation for him driving up the trail in a high rate of speed and possibly being frightened or feeling like he was chased. @inmyhumbleopinion brought this up before and I think looking at the circumstances this possibility can't really be excluded specifically if you have any information that this is a possibility. It would explain the high rate of speed, the demolition of the car and the messages as well as possibly the pause between the phone call and messages. This also could be the reason why he called specifically the female friend instead of somebody else.

Since the dogs lost his scent about 100 feet from his abandoned car (probably due to heat environment and wind at the time) it is possible he walked/ran back down the trail he drove up, correct? Could he have exited the trail into either direction after those 100 feet or is it too steep at that point? If the screams for help were heard that night maybe he got lost in the wilderness after dark. Any info on which direction the screams potentially came from or estimation on how far away (fairly close vs. rather far away?)

Last edited:
If you don't mind....what is your personal feeling about this being related to LSD use (or weed wax) and a possible 'bad trip'? I'm asking since the female friend admitted to drug use that night and earlier comments by MalibuBarbie mentioned LSD specifically. Did you receive information that he might have consumed LSD or weed wax that night or the next morning? I guess hallucinogen use could be an explanation for him driving up the trail in a high rate of speed and possibly being frightened or feeling like he was chased. @inmyhumbleopinion brought this up before and I think looking at the circumstances this possibility can't really be excluded specifically if you have any information that this is a possibility. It would explain the high rate of speed, the demolition of the car and the messages as well as possibly the pause between the phone call and messages. This also could be the reason why he called specifically the female friend instead of somebody else.

Since the dogs lost his scent about 100 feet from his abandoned car (probably due to heat environment and wind at the time) it is possible he walked/ran back down the trail he drove up, correct? Could he have exited the trail into either direction after those 100 feet or is it too steep at that point? If the screams for help were heard that night maybe he got lost in the wilderness after dark. Any info on which direction the screams potentially came from or estimation on how far away (fairly close vs. rather far away?)
"Weed wax" won't make that trail seem like a road and enough lsd to make that possible will make a car as hard to drive as a space ship. No offense, this theory is lacking .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat