CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Weed wax" won't make that trail seem like a road and enough lsd to make that possible will make a car as hard to drive as a space ship. No offense, this theory is lacking .
Wax, at its worst, can be extremely hallucinogenic. One teen had to be handcuffed to a hospital bed and reported feeling like he was going to die. Others have been hospitalized after suffering psychotic episodes. Patients were hallucinating and needed to be sedated because they were so agitated that they could not be controlled. One DEA agent warned they have seen people have an onset of psychosis and even brain damage from exposure to that high of concentration of THC.
Source: http://scipnebraska.com/file_download/inline/e67a788e-b92a-4864-96d5-92931ced5329
No offense taken :)

I'll refrain from causing any commotion and wait til a relative sees the photos. It's of a person I found wandering...

No, I didn't return to the remote trail since it didn't make sense with the timeline of car passing through gate and then sounds of screaming (which I assume would have been at the Topanga Overlook, which is NOT near said trail (especially if one is off-trail)). Will wait to hear back from fam.

I'll refrain from causing any commotion and wait til a relative sees the photos. It's of a person I found wandering...

No, I didn't return to the remote trail since it didn't make sense with the timeline of car passing through gate and then sounds of screaming (which I assume would have been at the Topanga Overlook, which is NOT near said trail (especially if one is off-trail)). Will wait to hear back from fam.

Finao,
Thank you for messaging me the pictures- just so everyone knows, it is Not Matthew.
Thank you all for being vigilant in our search for him. We truly appreciate everyone's efforts.

If you don't mind....what is your personal feeling about this being related to LSD use (or weed wax) and a possible 'bad trip'? I'm asking since the female friend admitted to drug use that night and earlier comments by MalibuBarbie mentioned LSD specifically. Did you receive information that he might have consumed LSD or weed wax that night or the next morning? I guess hallucinogen use could be an explanation for him driving up the trail in a high rate of speed and possibly being frightened or feeling like he was chased. @inmyhumbleopinion brought this up before and I think looking at the circumstances this possibility can't really be excluded specifically if you have any information that this is a possibility. It would explain the high rate of speed, the demolition of the car and the messages as well as possibly the pause between the phone call and messages. This also could be the reason why he called specifically the female friend instead of somebody else.

Since the dogs lost his scent about 100 feet from his abandoned car (probably due to heat environment and wind at the time) it is possible he walked/ran back down the trail he drove up, correct? Could he have exited the trail into either direction after those 100 feet or is it too steep at that point? If the screams for help were heard that night maybe he got lost in the wilderness after dark. Any info on which direction the screams potentially came from or estimation on how far away (fairly close vs. rather far away?)

From personal experience with LSD in my younger years, I can tell you by the time MW's messaging to the friend, he would not still be having the effects of the drug. At least not hallucinating. I'm not even confidant one could drive that distance while under the influence either. From the link you supplied for Weed Wax, hell no lol.

If you don't mind....what is your personal feeling about this being related to LSD use (or weed wax) and a possible 'bad trip'? I'm asking since the female friend admitted to drug use that night and earlier comments by MalibuBarbie mentioned LSD specifically. Did you receive information that he might have consumed LSD or weed wax that night or the next morning? I guess hallucinogen use could be an explanation for him driving up the trail in a high rate of speed and possibly being frightened or feeling like he was chased. @inmyhumbleopinion brought this up before and I think looking at the circumstances this possibility can't really be excluded specifically if you have any information that this is a possibility. It would explain the high rate of speed, the demolition of the car and the messages as well as possibly the pause between the phone call and messages. This also could be the reason why he called specifically the female friend instead of somebody else.

Since the dogs lost his scent about 100 feet from his abandoned car (probably due to heat environment and wind at the time) it is possible he walked/ran back down the trail he drove up, correct? Could he have exited the trail into either direction after those 100 feet or is it too steep at that point? If the screams for help were heard that night maybe he got lost in the wilderness after dark. Any info on which direction the screams potentially came from or estimation on how far away (fairly close vs. rather far away?)

I'm not sure why LSD was mentioned specifically, that is not the information we gathered from the female friend - which was weed and cocaine. We still do not know who MalibuBarbie is or why she (or he?) would not identify themselves to the family, although most of the information she provided is factual.
While I do agree that driving while using LSD could explain his erratic driving, it is still just a guess.

LE seemed to think the screams came from the bottom of the canyon around the Backbone trail (which was searched). It is extremely difficult to get a feel of direction and distance in the canyon. The feeling of LE is that it may have been a domestic disturbance in the area.

I am going to give you a breakdown of the information that I have. Like I said, I am a friend of a friend of the family so the information is to the best of my knowledge.

Matthew was partying with a girl friend all Thursday night.
He dropped her off early morning at her house on Friday
His car was caught on video surveillance going up the Topanga Lookout Trail shortly after that. Before 8AM
His Snapchat location showed him up there all morning
His last text was sent at 11:53AM that morning and said something, like something was going on and he needed help or to talk to someone.
Later that night the Lost Hills Sheriff responded to yells for help but so far that story of the yells, whether they were male or female, one person or multiple and even what the person was yelling has changed and nobody has confirmed exactly what was heard.
The Lost Hills Sheriff mislead the family into thinking that they used an infra-red helipcopter that night to search for the person or persons calling for help when in fact they DID NOT nor did they ever use infra-red.
He was NOT seen at In and Out Burger on Friday night, that has been confirmed
This story just gets more bizarre to me every time my friend tells me about it.

It's most likely bizarre for a reason.

From what I understand it was last pinged in the city he lived in and never pinged again. But apparently his Snapchat location shows he was up at Rosas Overlook for most of the day before his car was found.

If that's true, Snapchat should have a log of who actually logged into his Snapchat.

If that's true, Snapchat should have a log of who actually logged into his Snapchat.

It's my understanding that if you have Snapchat on your phone, you have an option to show your location on a map to your friends. People use this to show off when they are traveling. If he had this feature on, and Snapchat was open on his phone, his Snapchat friends would see his GPS location wherever he was. I would think Snapchat could provide this information along with any of his friends who noticed him that morning (on Snapchat)

It's my understanding that if you have Snapchat on your phone, you have an option to show your location on a map to your friends. People use this to show off when they are traveling. If he had this feature on, and Snapchat was open on his phone, his Snapchat friends would see his GPS location wherever he was. I would think Snapchat could provide this information along with any of his friends who noticed him that morning (on Snapchat)

She wrote his phone pinged from cell towers in granada hills to never ping again, but Snapchat showed him in Topanga. If someone used a different phone to log into his Snapchat, Snapchat would have an IP address, make and model of phone.

She wrote his phone pinged from cell towers in granada hills to never ping again, but Snapchat showed him in Topanga. If someone used a different phone to log into his Snapchat, Snapchat would have an IP address, make and model of phone.

Also, anyone know if the screen shot posted of text conversation is Snapchat?

That would be really strange. The last ping location in Granada Hills was mentioned in this thread? I feel like I remember someone saying the last ping was the tower by the outlook?

That would be really strange. The last ping location in Granada Hills was mentioned in this thread? I feel like I remember someone saying the last ping was the tower by the outlook?

Look at malibubarbies quote that I posted at 11:15am. He was living with roommates in granada hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat