UK UK - Jack O'Sullivan, 22, left friends after night out, last seen Brunel Lock Road/Brunel Way, Bristol at 3.15am, 2 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Such a shame that the case didn’t gain bigger traction earlier. I pray someone can bring him home to his family
I can't help wondering if it would have made any difference though. In almost all these cases, the person's body is found incidentally by a passerby. Appeals for information don't seem to achieve anything tangible. In Jay Slater's case, the police ignored the public, did their own thing, and found him after an extensive search. It's absolutely awful for the family, and I know in their position I would want lots of publicity and lots of searching, but I would think that, in the end, the case will resolve when the body is discovered by accident. I don't mean to sound cold-hearted.

I can't help wondering if it would have made any difference though. In almost all these cases, the person's body is found incidentally by a passerby. Appeals for information don't seem to achieve anything tangible. In Jay Slater's case, the police ignored the public, did their own thing, and found him after an extensive search. It's absolutely awful for the family, and I know in their position I would want lots of publicity and lots of searching, but I would think that, in the end, the case will resolve when the body is discovered by accident. I don't mean to sound cold-hearted.

I don't think you are being cold hearted. What you say is realistic in the sense that sharing Jack's story far and wide might keep him in the public mind but probably will not lead to him being found, as the most realistic explanation for his disappearance is that he ended up in the water. There are explanations online for why, if that happened, he might not be found quickly or even, tragically, at all.

The family must be in absolute anguish and agony, knowing that something terrible has happened but not what, why or exactly where. I doubt the police are treating it lightly or not doing everything they can, but I can also see why the family are frustrated, desperate, and yes of course they are also angry. They were talking to Jack and waiting for him to come home, and he just vanished. Ambiguous loss is excruciating. I feel desperately sorry for them. It's vile that people have contacted his poor mum claiming he has been abducted or asking for money.

Of course his family are hoping for some piece of information that will lead to some resolution--dashcam footage or something similar. I think that is what his mother meant by "someone knows something"--most likely she means that she believes there is some piece of information out there that will provide more data on what happened to Jack. Perhaps there is some more CCTV or dashcam or doorbell images of him. Let's hope that there is some resolution for his family's sake.

Just a last minute desperate suggestion- but are there cavities or openings of some kind within the bridge's girders or other structure?
Some tucked in spot where a person feeling nervous could climb into for protection and rest? speculation, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo
Back