CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am Matthews sister and have been with the case since day 1. They have told us that the 911 call had nothing to do with matthew’s Case and those individuals have had more than one domestic dispute before. Journalists/media frequently ask but it is never aired

Thank you very much. I am very sorry for what you are going through. I apologize for making you explain it again. :(

@wildcats821 you've provided us with such great information, however I'm so worried it will be taken down since you are not yet an official Verified Insider. Because you are Matthew's sister, I assume the process will be very quick. Here's the link
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Once you are verified you can post anything without having to cite your source. It's extremely helpful to have VI's on these cases

@wildcats821 do you know which aerial photo showed the hat? I was just looking at the drone photos and it looks like most of them are upside down in relation to the google map, which makes it a bit difficult to correspond the map pins to the pictures. Is the area I have marked on this photo where the hat & shirt were found? Are there more photos of this specific area?

LOCATIONS.jpg HAT.jpg

I really hope that you are able to bring Matthew home soon. x

**wonderful, I posted this three times. Ugh. Can a mod please delete the other comments? So sorry!**

@wildcats821 do you know which aerial photo showed the hat? I was just looking at the drone photos and it looks like most of them are upside down in relation to the google map, which makes it a bit difficult to correspond the map pins to the pictures. Is the area I have marked on this photo where the hat & shirt were found? Are there more photos of this specific area?

View attachment 190321 View attachment 190322

**sorry, I am new and don't know how to make the pics appear in this comment, so links show photos**

Suspicious Circumstances Surround Disappearance of Matthew Weaver in Malibu Canyon Area Plagued By Shootings

“Shortly after 12 midnight August 11th at approximately, a witness called 911 after hearing a cry for help – screams near Stunt and Shueren Road where Matthew Jr.’s grey BMW was found.

First responders arrived shortly after at approximately 2 a.m., and at least two of them, a member of the CHP and of the Fire Department, also heard screams/cry for help.”

Suspicious Circumstances Surround Disappearance of Matthew Weaver in Malibu Canyon Area Plagued By Shootings - The Local Malibu

So three people heard the cries for help over a 2 hour period... I would really love to hear from the original 911 caller and the first responders.

Its curious because the cries for help and also the fact that tracking dogs tracked his scent, to me at least kind of put a time and location to where Matt may have last been located. However if the 911 call is not to be believed, it means Matt could have disappeared at any time during the day.

So three people heard the cries for help over a 2 hour period... I would really love to hear from the original 911 caller and the first responders.

Its curious because the cries for help and also the fact that tracking dogs tracked his scent, to me at least kind of put a time and location to where Matt may have last been located. However if the 911 call is not to be believed, it means Matt could have disappeared at any time during the day.
Two or more hours of a “domestic dispute?!?” Not sure I buy that. LE already has egg on their faces with the Anthony Rauda shootings. I wonder what that lieutenant who is suing the LASD thinks of this case. He knew that something was up with all the Malibu shootings but his superiors wouldn’t listen and instead retaliated against him for his views.

LASD lieutenant says he tried to warn about Malibu Creek State Park killer, sues department

I really hope that you are able to bring Matthew home soon. x

**wonderful, I posted this three times. Ugh. Can a mod please delete the other comments? So sorry!**

Photo 775-777 will show the hat and all the photos are the right way. It may be just the angle you are looking at then from. Yes that is also the area where his hat was found

I am going to give you a breakdown of the information that I have. Like I said, I am a friend of a friend of the family so the information is to the best of my knowledge.

*modsnip*/ not verified insider
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Terms of Service , The Rules & Copyright

Information from a friend, or friend of a friend, etc is hearsay/rumor. Please do not post any further information of that nature without an MSM or LE link / source to substantiate.

Links have been provided numerous times in this thread, asking members to become verified and to date that does not seem to have happened.

Any member who wishes to post inside information without links MUST apply to become a Websleuths Verified Insider or posts will be removed.

An added note to all other members ... when you know someone is posting as an insider without verification, please do not ask them for inside information. It just makes it that much harder for WS staff to clean up a mess of posts and responses, and responses to responses.

Do you happen to have the coordinates for the shirt? I'm on photo 351, working my way through right now.

34.09196, -118.63631

Two or more hours of a “domestic dispute?!?” Not sure I buy that. LE already has egg on their faces with the Anthony Rauda shootings. I wonder what that lieutenant who is suing the LASD thinks of this case. He knew that something was up with all the Malibu shootings but his superiors wouldn’t listen and instead retaliated against him for his views.

LASD lieutenant says he tried to warn about Malibu Creek State Park killer, sues department

I have called back our detective and get back to you with an answer on this.

Summary of Live and Die in LA podcast ("The Curious Case of Matthew Weaver https://livediela.com/)

Family & Background
According to his family, Matthew had a tough childhood and struggles with depression. "He had a feeling of not being wanted."His dad had noticed his attitude and behaviours changing prior to this.
His bio mother left them when he was 4 months old - stepmom Brooke and dad (Matt Sr) are since divorced.
Matthew had an unstable living situation for a lot of the time and lived with his grandparents.
Matthew was kicked out of his grandmothers house less than 4 months before he disappeared and had gotten his own apartment in Grenada Hills.

Friends
Vanessa dated Matthew in high school in Simi Valley - according to her he was an outcast. Later she recalls his room being full of alcohol bottles in the recent months before he disappeared.
According to his best friends, Matthew was recently struggling with alcohol abuse and experimenting with drugs (psychedelics, cocaine) and was missing work, got caught by his dad doing drugs.
2-3 months before he disappeared he asked his friend Hunter for a gun. Hunter thinks it was just machismo.

That Day
The day he disappeared, he stopped by work to collect $400 cash, then went to see his dad. He had asked his dad for a gun on the prior visit. This night, he asked his dad if he could take a pic of the gun, then posted it on snapchat with the caption "game over".
Matthew then left to meet up with MS
Called MS around 9pm
Went to a Walmart, got gas, went to buy cocaine and then on to a pot dispensary
According to M, they at in front of her house until about 5am
During this time he was emotional and venting, basically in tears
She described the whole interaction as awkward, as they were new friends
Around 5am she got out and went inside and Matthew left

Overlook
V says the overlook area was a frequent hang for Matthew and he enjoyed racing his car on the roads.
They got location data from Snapchat to understand where he went after he left Mel's.

6:57am Matthew stops on Stunt & Saddle creek where the gate is unlocked
  • Surveillance of Matthew's car going onto the fire road . His dad describes the road as "a one-way trip."
  • It would not have been possible for the car to continue forward without going off the cliff (it was blocked by a small boulder)
8:21am calls his dad (missed)
11:48am calls M(missed)
M texts back she's at work
Matthew replies "like some crazy *advertiser censored* is going on, I need to talk while I have a chance"
1 hour later Mel responds "are u ok"
No further contact from the phone

Theory 1 : suicide

His friends J and F really don't think he was suicidal and that his interest in the gun was showing off (gang/rap culture).

Theory 2: drugs / accidental

His friends do confirm his drug and alcohol use but think he could handle himself.

Theory 3: foul play involving workers renovating the microwave tower

Brooke says the workers were hiding behind the bushes watching them search on a Friday morning. They were yelling profanities and telling them "the cops already looked, get out of here" even though they explained Matthew was their family.
They threatened the land surveyor, who took the photos, on a different day when he went to ask them some questions. One threatened him with mace.

Theory 4: foul play involving M

Friends strongly suspect her (they know her also).
They are unsure why Matthew would have contacted her last, or told her anything personal
They think he was targeted (alluding to drug buy robbery) but also very vague in fleshing out these suspicions.

M:
Last person to see matthew
Changed her story multiple times, and had lied to H about one of Matthew's friends being with them that night (that friend was in Las Vegas at the time)
When asked, H was not comfortable discussing any possible gang connections M may have publicly.
She posted a video on snapchat 8 days after the disappearance : (33:15)
"All you guys are *advertiser censored* retarded if you really think I had aaanything to do with (pause) the disappearance of Matt. Like, literally retarded. Because...if you wanna know where my *advertiser censored* whereabouts was...Saturday I was in Simi Valley. Sunday I was at WORK. Friday I was at WORK. *advertiser censored* dumb-*advertiser censored* boys. (incoherent) like, I aint capable of all that. That's a whole-*advertiser censored* body."

M has not spoken to the media or family and appears to be in hiding (they are having to track her down) so they don't know what the details of the supposed emotional conversation was.

Evidence:
Family confirms the hat is 100% Matthew's
LAPD has possession of hat and shirt and will not test it or give it back.

Does anyone know what the sheriff's office did with the car? Was it searched for latent blood at their crime lab? Was it returned to the family?

They took his car and had it about 3 days -1 week I don’t remember the exact date. They said they found nothing in the car and all the finger prints were smudged. Honestly I don’t believe it I think they took the lazy way of examining it. There is no way there was not at least Matthew’s finger prints in there. My dad was the car back as well

They took his car and had it about 3 days -1 week I don’t remember the exact date. They said they found nothing in the car and all the finger prints were smudged. Honestly I don’t believe it I think they took the lazy way of examining it. There is no way there was not at least Matthew’s finger prints in there. My dad was the car back as well

In my experience processing vehicles, you generally find at least one print that is good enough to get sent to a latent print examiner. That is very unfortunate. It would have been pretty obvious if they printed the whole car, black powder is very invasive and hard to clean up.

It may be worth trying to get the station level or crime lab reports, notes and photos as you try to get his property back for testing as well. You could then at least get another opinion on the level of processing they did on the vehicle.

In my experience processing vehicles, you generally find at least one print that is good enough to get sent to a latent print examiner. That is very unfortunate. It would have been pretty obvious if they printed the whole car, black powder is very invasive and hard to clean up.

It may be worth trying to get the station level or crime lab reports, notes and photos as you try to get his property back for testing as well. You could then at least get another opinion on the level of processing they did on the vehicle.

Thank you for the info. I will most likely be going over there on Monday to go look at his car and take some pictures for you guys. We will see how the car looks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares