CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
California missing woman's husband planned murder-for-hire scheme targeting alleged boyfriend: witness

Published 1 hour ago
Last Update 24 mins ago

EXCLUSIVE: The plot in the desperate search to find a missing California mother of three just thickened.

A source tells Fox News that Maya Millete's husband suspected her of having a boyfriend -- and that's where the accusations against Larry Millete take an even darker turn.

The witness who heard the conversations firsthand told Fox News exclusively that Larry Millete frequently discussed paying someone $20,000 to kill his missing wife's alleged boyfriend.

Larry Millete "seemed pretty serious," the witness said, about the alleged murder-for-hire plot.

He allegedly started concocting the plan last summer, when he first suspected his wife was seeing someone else, but mentioned it as recently as Jan. 4, just a few days before Maya went missing.

Reportedly, as early as Jan 13, 2021 - LM allegedly turned over his phone to LE. If MM's phone is missing -- investigators might finally have data from her carrier.

With the latest revelations about an alleged bf, we know CVPD would also be investigating other individuals beyond family in the missing person investigation.

At this time, I think we can safely say that that CVPD certainly has not leaked any info! Good on them.

Search for Maya Milette, a missing Chula Vista mom, continues

first time poster. I live in Chula Vista and am married to a Filipina so I thought I'd provide some notes to the extent they may be helpful.
  • the "trip to Solana Beach", I surf and this area and all San Diego beaches have people at them first light of day till dark. Lots of homes and neighborhoods all around.
  • All San Diego freeways have traffic cameras, would be easy to confirm said trip via that footage
  • Shrines are not uncommon in Filipino culture but they are generally assembled using Catholic items. So the content of the shrine is unusual but the method is familiar.
  • Filipino families, in my experience in Chula Vista, are super extended and super close, not many secrets kept secret. Very religious, mostly Catholic but not all.
  • In terms of geographic areas of interest most likely would be areas to the immediate east. There is BLM land all over to the east and much of it has off road vehicle roads all over it. The nature of the terrain and state of most of the roads is such that a 4 wheel drive is not needed. I've gone on many of these roads in a standard clearance 2 wheel drive car. These roads are within 20-30 minutes of CV. That being said there is a lot of border patrol activity along these roads. I run into them about half the time I've been on them. In regards to farther out in the desert, where they had gone camping, that area is vast with tons of roads of similar ease of travel. Not too far away either, I go shooting out there and it takes about 1.5 hrs from CV to get to the area. Even though it's desert it's not all open flat ground. TONS of canyons and washes.
  • CVPD is professional and competent in my amateur opinion. I think they tend to operate off the radar in many cases. I say this as I contacted them once to inquire if I could donate money to a tip/reward fund for a unrelated murder case and they stated they were intentionally not putting a reward out yet (for reasons too long to go into here). That case was quite for ~ 6 months and then solved.

first time poster. I live in Chula Vista and am married to a Filipina so I thought I'd provide some notes to the extent they may be helpful.
  • the "trip to Solana Beach", I surf and this area and all San Diego beaches have people at them first light of day till dark. Lots of homes and neighborhoods all around.
  • All San Diego freeways have traffic cameras, would be easy to confirm said trip via that footage
  • Shrines are not uncommon in Filipino culture but they are generally assembled using Catholic items. So the content of the shrine is unusual but the method is familiar.
  • Filipino families, in my experience in Chula Vista, are super extended and super close, not many secrets kept secret. Very religious, mostly Catholic but not all.
  • In terms of geographic areas of interest most likely would be areas to the immediate east. There is BLM land all over to the east and much of it has off road vehicle roads all over it. The nature of the terrain and state of most of the roads is such that a 4 wheel drive is not needed. I've gone on many of these roads in a standard clearance 2 wheel drive car. These roads are within 20-30 minutes of CV. That being said there is a lot of border patrol activity along these roads. I run into them about half the time I've been on them. In regards to farther out in the desert, where they had gone camping, that area is vast with tons of roads of similar ease of travel. Not too far away either, I go shooting out there and it takes about 1.5 hrs from CV to get to the area. Even though it's desert it's not all open flat ground. TONS of canyons and washes.
  • CVPD is professional and competent in my amateur opinion. I think they tend to operate off the radar in many cases. I say this as I contacted them once to inquire if I could donate money to a tip/reward fund for a unrelated murder case and they stated they were intentionally not putting a reward out yet (for reasons too long to go into here). That case was quite for ~ 6 months and then solved.
Thank you for the information, very helpful! Great first post and welcome to WS!!!

Hoping the lawyer's info would be admissible based on how he describes his entry to the home, I trust him more than LM. Waiting anxiously for the next part...... let this be what blows the case open so her family can finally get answers.

"Little said he knocked on the door on January 11 of the Millete home in the 2400 block of Paseo Los Gatos in Chula vista, four days after Maya went missing. Her husband, Larry Millete, opened the door and let him in after Little showed him his identification, the attorney said."

Source: Attorney describes walk-through of Maya Millete’s South Bay house | cbs8.com

Hoping the lawyer's info would be admissible based on how he describes his entry to the home, I trust him more than LM. Waiting anxiously for the next part...... let this be what blows the case open so her family can finally get answers.

"Little said he knocked on the door on January 11 of the Millete home in the 2400 block of Paseo Los Gatos in Chula vista, four days after Maya went missing. Her husband, Larry Millete, opened the door and let him in after Little showed him his identification, the attorney said."

Source: Attorney describes walk-through of Maya Millete’s South Bay house | cbs8.com

In the bio Little provided to the cold-case foundation.org (same foundation as Chris McDonough joined) it states:

He is currently semi-retired in Osage Beach, Missouri. From 2015 to 2021, Mr. Little was a criminal defense investigator for the United States Navy.

I dunno... not that I think LM a source of truth and honesty, I do think it more likely that Mr. Little showed a US Naval credential to LM rather than his driver's license or AZ state bar card. MOO

Billy Little, Jr. - Legal Consultant

In the bio Little provided to the cold-case foundation.org (same foundation as Chris McDonough joined) it states:

He is currently semi-retired in Osage Beach, Missouri. From 2015 to 2021, Mr. Little was a criminal defense investigator for the United States Navy.

I dunno... not that I think LM a source of truth and honesty, I do think it more likely that Mr. Little showed a US Naval credential to LM rather than his driver's license or AZ state bar card. MOO

Billy Little, Jr. - Legal Consultant

I really hope he didn't mess this up for them.... :(

Maya Millette: Husband allegedly devised murder-for-hire plot to kill missing mom-of-3’s suspected boyfriend, witness claims

A source told Fox News that they frequently heard Larry Millette discuss paying $20,000 to kill Maya Millette’s alleged beau. Larry Millette allegedly started constructing the plot last summer, months before Maya Millette’s disappearance, and had talked about it days before she vanished.

The source also said Larry Millette “seemed pretty serious” about the murder-for-hire plot. A family member told Fox News that they heard him threaten Maya Millette’s alleged boyfriend last summer, saying, “I want to do something to that fool.”

Oh my!

I figured things would start to pop eventually.

That picture is beyond creepy and leads me to be more concerned for the children than before.

This is going to be messy.

MOO

After all the recent information that's come out, I'm even more shocked at how long CVPD took to get a search warrant and now wonder how much they may have missed from the start. Reported missing on the 9th, no search warrant for almost two weeks, and surely the family gave LE all the information we're just now finding about about. I also completely understand why they hired a PI so early on, the Droullaits must have been so upset knowing all of this, dealing with LM's messages and then something happens to MM.

Repaired holes in her door and wall, missing freezer, information about LM's behavior in 2020, the state of their marriage...even if there was no evidence of a crime it doesn't mean a crime wasn't committed. I don't understand why a search warrant wouldn't have been requested and granted that first week if LE gave the DA all this information. I completely understand now why MM's family is so frustrated, a lot of info points to her being missing with unusual, at the very least strange, circumstances.

I do believe Perps and their accomplices follow WS.
I would say to whomever might have knowledge about Maya's disappearance, that they contact Chula Vista PD immediately.

The time to seek a plea with the D.A. is running out. Don't end up in the "Covid Castle" (aka: jail) because of the evil act of another that you got dragged in to. You still have time to save yourself, and I suggest you act quickly.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just released by CVPD:

Facebook

Chief of Police Roxana Kennedy statement on the May “Maya” Millete investigation- As we near the three-month anniversary of May’s disappearance, I want reassurance May’s family, and our community that she is not forgotten and that bringing her home safely remains our number one priority. The Chula Vista Police Department has been actively and continuously investigating her disappearance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 22.12.09.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 22.12.09.png
    684.6 KB · Views: 24
Just released by CVPD:

Facebook

Chief of Police Roxana Kennedy statement on the May “Maya” Millete investigation- As we near the three-month anniversary of May’s disappearance, I want reassurance May’s family, and our community that she is not forgotten and that bringing her home safely remains our number one priority. The Chula Vista Police Department has been actively and continuously investigating her disappearance.
With all due respect, then why didn't THEY know about the freezer vs. the hired PI/Lawyer? Come on C.V. PD - step up your game.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I don't understand why a search warrant wouldn't have been requested and granted that first week if LE gave the DA all this information. I completely understand now why MM's family is so frustrated, a lot of info points to her being missing with unusual, at the very least strange, circumstances.
^^rsbm

The DA can request but does not issue a search warrant -- this is done by a Judge after hearing/viewing witness sworn testimony and/or affidavits containing the facts that establish the grounds for the application or of the “probable cause” for believing that they exist.

Reportedly, MM was reported missing to LE on Jan 10, and a search warrant executed at the residence on January 23.

CVPD provided there no were incidents reported from this location prior to the missing person call.

https://www.chulavistaca.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=21101

Thanks for this, @Seattle1 and @swedeheart.

“We want to stress the importance of sharing any information about May’s disappearance directly with the Chula Vista Police Department. The sharing of information on social media or through media outlets instead of the police department leads to misinformation and complicates the investigation.”

https://www.chulavistaca.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=22498

I wonder if this answers my prior question of did Billy Little have the ok of the CVPD in going to the media with his walk-through observations. Maybe not, and they weren’t too happy about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx