CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really hope those poor kids weren't there. This is beyond horrific for them. Alleged gunshots, who knows what they saw IF anything happened in that home, raids, another raid, the grandfather talking about their mother in front of them and referencing a search for her dead body....I mean, their little minds must have gone in to lockdown mode weeks ago. Who is thinking about these children?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Search warrant served at home of missing Chula Vista mom Maya Millete | cbs8.com

July 1, 2021

News 8 is at the Millete home working to confirm further details.

"Today, the Chula Vista Police Department continued our efforts into finding the reason behind May’s disappearance by serving a search warrant at her residence on Paseo Los Gatos in Chula Vista," a statement from CVPD Lt. Dan Peak read in part. "The goal of the warrant was to obtain additional evidence and clues to her current whereabouts. The Chula Vista Police Department along with the multi-agency working group remains committed to bringing May home to her family or bringing justice to May’s family regarding her disappearance."

Warrant served at home of missing South Bay mom, Maya Millete

"Now it's abandonment. She abandoned the family" - Larry's father.

Really, Larry's dad needs to reign it in if he's not going to say anything helpful. He's certainly not doing his son any favors.
He's helping build a case of "reasonable doubt". A successful prosecution will rely on the evidence, and the skill of the prosecutor. It appears there will be damning evidence, but we don't know the skill of the forensic team, or for that matter the Defense attorney. Time will tell.

Police search missing Chula Vista mom's home - ABC 10

I'm a little confused by this reporter's wording in the last statement...she said "Larry did also mention that they did take some phones, he was saying he wasn't able to call anyone..."

Did she mean Benito? She said phone(s) so whether she meant to say Larry or Benito, it means multiple phones were taken. If she meant Benito, that means Mom & Dad's phones were taken? If she meant Larry and Mom & Dad's phones were also taken...then wow, police are cutting off ALL communication between the different parties. This is going to get really interesting.

ALSO: News 8 asks judge to release court records being kept secret in GVRO case against Larry Millete.

"News 8 has made an informal request of the court to unseal photographs and court records in the gun violence restraining order case against Larry Millete, the husband of missing Chula Vista mother, Maya Millete. Initial appearances were made during a June 30 hearing, seen here in its entirety. The attorney representing Larry Millete had a conflict and could not appear in court. The judge continued the hearing until July 21 at 2:30 p.m., when a decision is expected on unsealing the records. Judge Earl H. Maas, III said he would allow motions on behalf of SDPD and Larry Millete to be filed under seal, pending a final decision on making the case records public. News 8 plans to respond with a formal motion to unseal the records."

^ This seems like a really unprecedented request or maybe I'm just unfamiliar with how the news works. But I think the Judge should unseal the records. What's there to hide?

I honestly feel sure that the truth will win out on this case. My concern is for the children. I really pray for them. Yes. Josh Powell and his children are on my mind.
Maya did not run away. She was not abducted by aliens.
The truth is obvious in my opinion.

News 8 asks judge to release court records being kept secret in GVRO case against Larry Millete.

July 1, 2021

CBS News 8 has made an informal request of the court to unseal photographs and court records in the gun violence restraining order case against Larry Millete, the husband of missing Chula Vista mother, Maya Millete.

Initial appearances were made during a June 30 hearing, seen here in its entirety. The attorney representing Larry Millete had a conflict and could not appear in court.

The judge continued the hearing until July 21 at 2:30 p.m., when a decision is expected on unsealing the records. Judge Earl H. Maas, III said he would allow motions on behalf of SDPD and Larry Millete to be filed under seal, pending a final decision on making the case records public.

News 8 plans to respond with a formal motion to unseal the records.

News 8's request can be seen here: https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdfs/Mil...

I really, really hope those poor kids weren't there. This is beyond horrific for them. Alleged gunshots, who knows what they saw IF anything happened in that home, raids, another raid, the grandfather talking about their mother in front of them and referencing a search for her dead body....I mean, their little minds must have gone in to lockdown mode weeks ago. Who is thinking about these children?

They were there, the news reporter said she saw the kids outside.

So they towed Maya's jeep. It's certainly been searched before, right? Wonder why it was part of the search warrant this time?

They were there, the news reporter said she saw the kids outside.

So they towed Maya's jeep. It's certainly been searched before, right? Wonder why it was part of the search warrant this time?
I am so angry those children continue to be traumatized. They likely found evidence in the Jeep and are now going to dismantle it to find “seepage”. Hate to say that.

amateur opinion and speculation

I am so angry those children continue to be traumatized. They likely found evidence in the Jeep and are now going to dismantle it to find “seepage”. Hate to say that.

In one of the videos in the posts above you can see her eldest daughter running through the crowd to escape the engagement with Benito :( I can’t imagine what they’re going through. These grandparents aren’t protecting them. I don’t even want to know what they’re telling them. The kids have tv and internet and cops coming in and out of the house, so I’m sure they’re having their own internal conflicts. I can’t imagine how sad and scared they are, and they’re totally isolated from the rest of the family. I’m so worried.

I'm not sure Maya was ever in the Jeep after she was last seen or not. I think they are going to look at the GPS from the week before she went missing. There were earlier reports that Maya and Larry were arguing while in Glamis and he kept driving off with her jeep. Maybe she's out in Glamis somewhere and the Jeep will lead LE to her?

MOO

I'm not sure Maya was ever in the Jeep after she was last seen or not. I think they are going to look at the GPS from the week before she went missing. There were earlier reports that Maya and Larry were arguing while in Glamis and he kept driving off with her jeep. Maybe she's out in Glamis somewhere and the Jeep will lead LE to her?

MOO

That was my first thought as well.

News 8 asks judge to release court records being kept secret in GVRO case against Larry Millete.

July 1, 2021

CBS News 8 has made an informal request of the court to unseal photographs and court records in the gun violence restraining order case against Larry Millete, the husband of missing Chula Vista mother, Maya Millete.

Initial appearances were made during a June 30 hearing, seen here in its entirety. The attorney representing Larry Millete had a conflict and could not appear in court.

The judge continued the hearing until July 21 at 2:30 p.m., when a decision is expected on unsealing the records. Judge Earl H. Maas, III said he would allow motions on behalf of SDPD and Larry Millete to be filed under seal, pending a final decision on making the case records public.

News 8 plans to respond with a formal motion to unseal the records.

News 8's request can be seen here: https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdfs/Mil...

Thanks for that new date - I had 9/14/21...

This seems like a really unprecedented request or maybe I'm just unfamiliar with how the news works. But I think the Judge should unseal the records. What's there to hide?

Something similar happened in another case I follow recently, which may in part have led to
this filing. In a nutshell, it's the targeted double murder of Canadian Billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman, who were murdered in Toronto in Dec of 2017, the case remains unsolved. There was a request made to have the will sealed (at the time it wasn't clear by whom). They claimed it being available in open court put people at risk because the murderer wasn't in custody. The local newpaper's investigative reporter; who has written a book about the case, filed the motion because they argued it wasn't in keeping with the principles of an open court. The Supreme Court of Canada agreed and just a couple of weeks ago the files were released to the news media and the public.
It turned out the sealing order was requested by their SIL and there weren't any major bombshells in the will, so pretty much a big fat nothing burger. But an important principle for keeping the
court process transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member