Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'll look it up @Niner and see if we have the name of his new attorney yet.

it was in the article:

Larry will now be represented by Liann Sabatini & Colby Ryan with Virtus Law Group, LLP. The judge said that he already met with the new defense attorneys & told them they were expected to complete the case whether they get paid or not, and that he wouldn’t allow the case to be delayed again due to finances.

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Liann Sabatini
Court No.
CS319857
Date
01/08/2024
Time
09:00 AM
Judge
Event
Felony Readiness Conference
San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center, Dept. 10

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Liann Sabatini
Court No.
CS319857
Date
01/08/2024
Time
Judge
Event
Felony Other Motion Hearing
San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center, Dept. 10

Defendant
Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel
Liann Sabatini
Court No.
CS319857
Date
08/26/2024
Time
Judge
Event
Felony Jury Trial
Case Information, Search - San Diego County District Attorney

it was in the article:

Larry will now be represented by Liann Sabatini & Colby Ryan with Virtus Law Group, LLP. The judge said that he already met with the new defense attorneys & told them they were expected to complete the case whether they get paid or not, and that he wouldn’t allow the case to be delayed again due to finances.
Thank you. I think she's a good fit -- also from HI:

Ho’oponopono (pronounced “ho-o-po-no-po-no” in Hawaiian) means to “make things right and just”. In Hawaii, ho’oponopono is a means of conflict resolution; where people come together peacefully and commit to healing through reconciliation and forgiveness.

Born and raised on the rural south side of the Big Island of Hawaii, Liann (or Li as her friends call her), was taught to practice ho’oponopono from early on in life. Even if it meant having to hug her hard-headed brother after a fight or having to wrestle her way to the top of the batting order on an all-boy’s baseball team, Liann always has had a strong sense of justice and commitment to doing whatever it takes to make things right.

This sense of justice was tested when she was just 9 years old, involving one of the direst situations a close-knit family can imagine: a family member being falsely accused, charged, and taken away based on a very serious crime that they did not commit. Even though it took a year, even though the system was stacked against them, Li’s loved one was cleared of all charges, returning home to their family and avoiding several years of prison in the process.

It’s no surprise that exoneration might have sparked the idea for Li to want to pursue an eventual career in law, but it wasn’t the ultimate result that had the most impact on her, rather, it was the attorney who was appointed by the court because Li’s family could not afford to hire anyone. Although he was a stranger to her, having her loved one’s life in his hands, he inspired Li to become a Public Defender so that she could help other families make things right and just, the way he had helped hers.

Oct 10. 2023

Criminal defense attorney David Shapiro is not involved in Larry’s case, but he says the new defense team will need to start their own investigation from scratch.

“You’re taking the case over as if you got it from day one,” said Shapiro. “And in a way you’re sort of second-guessing everything that’s been done. What would we have done differently? What could we have done differently? What should have been done differently?”

Sources told NBC 7 Investigates the San Diego County Public Defender Office was preparing for the possibility of being assigned the case. That didn’t happen since Larry now has new private attorneys.

Bonita Martinez also represented Larry in a custody case over his three kids and in the sale of their home valued at more than $1 million. Even though a judge has approved the home sale, Martinez tells NBC 7 it has yet to hit the market. We reached out to his new defense team to ask if they would be representing Larry in those other cases as well but have not heard back.

Larry’s new trial date for the murder charge is set for Aug. 24, 2024.

Since the court site says Trial on 8/26 - I am wondering IF this might be when jury selection starts - 8/24?
Actually, I'm questioning NBC reporting 8/24. Fox 5 is reporting 8/26 and generally, Court includes the dates for jury selection in the official trial count of days.

To allow time for the lawyers to prepare, the judge also pushed the trial back again by over six months, setting its new start date on Aug. 26, 2024.

“This case started almost two years ago today, it needs to go to trial,” Camerena said at Tuesday’s hearing. “If it is going to trial, we need to get ready and conclude your case as soon as possible.”

10/10/23

On Tuesday, however, Camerena relieved Martinez as Millete’s retained attorney at a follow-up hearing and assigned new private counsel to his case at his request.

[..]

Maya’s sister, Maricris Drouaillet, told FOX 5 that she is disappointed by the delay after the court’s decision Tuesday.

“Our family has been in this nightmare for almost three years, so it’s really heartbreaking for me,” Drouaillet said, “especially for my mom and my dad not knowing anything yet.”

With his original counsel relieved, Millete requested the judge appoint Liann Sabatine and Colby Ryan from the Virtus Law Group, LLP to represent him. Camerena approved it, but warned him that further changes to his counsel due to financial issues can not be made.

“I don’t intend to let Ms. Sabatini off the case if you don’t pay her, so that is where we are at, OK?” he told Millete during Tuesday’s hearing. “You’ve made arraignments. They are with them; they are happy about it. If they are happy, I’m happy.”

When asked by FOX 5 if they would be prepared for the trial by August, the new attorneys declined to comment.

[..]

Larry is due back in court for another hearing in January 2024. The judge said he would check back with Larry’s new defense team closer to the August trial date on how they are proceeding with the case.

from an email alert to me-so no link.

THE FOLLOWING EVENT(S) HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM CASE CS319857:

The event "Felony Other Motion Hearing" scheduled for Jan 8 2024 9:00AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in department 10 has been Vacated.

THE FOLLOWING EVENT(S) HAVE BEEN ADDED FOR CASE CS319857:

Further Proceedings scheduled for Jan 8 2024 9:00AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in Department 10.

Felony Other Motion Hearing scheduled for Aug 5 2024 9:00AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in Department 10.

So many people are praying that Maya Millete will be found soon, and so am I.

Remember how Larry and his parents alluded to Maya not spending time with her children? MOO, what BS. I have seen a ton of beautiful pictures of Maya with her children having delightful fun. Bet they loved being with Maya. They must remember. I see pics of her hugging her kids close, and I recognize the motherly love I see there. It's beyond sad now that their happy memories of their Mother have been manipulated and surely they feel torn. I'm just not sure that kind of damage in childhood is something you get over.

MOO, for a father to choose to do this to his children is despicable.

Last edited:
MOO, for a father to choose to do this to his children is despicable.

Respectfully snipped for a focused reply.
Well yes, he has certainly shown us who he is, spell casting and all. A decent man would be thinking about how to preserve assets for the future of his children, not spend them on a futile effort to continue to irreparably harm Maya's family.

He won't succeed. Maya's family are solid and good people. They will heal, they will prevail, and carry Maya's legacy forth through her children. As for LM, the justice the jury meters out is nothing compared to what awaits him through karma.

This is all about control, and LM is still trying to call the shots from the slammer. I think that he had accessories, and I believe one of them will talk. Let's hope I'm right. Time will tell.

This is all amateur opinion and speculation.
Peace to Maya's family - the justice will come. Stay strong.

Monday, December 4th:
*Review Hearing (@ 11am PT) - CA - *May “Maya” Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister; not found). *Larry Ibarreta Millete (40/now 41) - Conservatorship Case: To have a conservator take control of Maya’s estate in her absence filed on 5/11/23 by sister Drouaillet.
Case & court info from 1/7/21 thru 5/11/23 reference post #746 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-7-jan-2021-husband-arrested-5.600342/page-38

8/10/23 Update: A conservatorship hearing regarding Maya Millete's estate was held Thursday morning in San Diego Superior Court. Maya's sister, Maricris Drouaillet, had petitioned the court, asking a conservator to facilitate the sale of the couple's Chula Vista home. Judge Olga Alvarez granted that request. The home is estimated to be valued at around $1.2 million. The money from the sale will go into a blocked account. Neither side will have access to it until it is determined which part belongs to Maya & which part belongs to Larry. December was proposed during the hearing to address the division of monies available to LM if any. Next hearing in December. During Thursday's hearing, it was also revealed the children will remain in the custody of Larry's parents for now & they will move into a home in the same area of Chula Vista so they can continue attending the same schools. Judge Olga Alvarez has appointed Kaitlyn Welling of Foster Thornton Welling as conservator on Aug. 10, 2023, having been petitioned to do so in April by Maya's sister, Maricris Drouaillet & granted that fiduciary permission to sell her home, as well as her vehicles & other property. All the parties involved in the conservatorship hearing are due back in court 9/1/23 to discuss the sale of the property & "the housing plan for the children," according to Thursday's ruling. Next review hearing on 12/4/23.

Case Number:37-2021-00046499-PR-GP-CTLDate Filed:11/02/2021
Case Title:Guardianship Of Lara Mae Millete, Maylani Millete, and Lazarus Tristan Millete [IMAGED]Case Status:Pending
Case Category:ProbateLocation:Central
Case Type:Guardianship Of Person OnlyJudicial Officer:Olga Alvarez
Case Age:Department:503

ROA:

Future Events

Event DateEvent TimeLocationEvent Type
12/06/202301:30 PM503Trial Readiness Conference (Probate) - Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Minor(s) - Competing Petition
12/06/202301:30 PM503Trial Readiness Conference (Probate) - Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Minor(s) - Person Only
12/08/202301:30 PM1603Probate Case Management Conference - Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Minor(s) - Person Only
12/08/202301:30 PM1603Probate Case Management Conference - Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Minor(s) - Competing Petition
01/05/202409:00 PM503Probate Court Trial - Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Minor(s) - Competing Petition
01/05/202409:00 PM503Probate Court Trial - Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Minor(s) - Person Only

@Niner -- Per the docket, there was no hearing on 12/4.
On 11/28, the Trial Readiness Conf (Probate) was continued pursuant to the parties motion to 12/6/23 at 1:30pm before Judge Alvarez, and the Probate Case Management Conference scheduled for 12/08/2023 at 01:30PM before Judge Ronald F. Frazier.
Media filed request to cover the 11/28/23 hearings but the Court denied the request.

Thanks a bunch @Seattle1 ! :)

edited to add- the above is for the Guardianship. What about the hearing just past for the Converstorship issue?
San Diego County #37-2023-00017948-PR-CE-CTL

Can you access this?

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch @Seattle1 ! :)

edited to add- the above is for the Guardianship. What about the hearing just past for the Converstorship issue?
San Diego County #37-2023-00017948-PR-CE-CTL

Can you access this?

Case Number:37-2023-00017948-PR-CE-CTL
Date Filed:04/26/2023
Case Title:Conservatorship of May T. Millete aka Maya Millete [IMAGED]
Case Status: Pending
Case Category: Probate
Case Type: Conservatorship Of Estate Only
Judicial Officer: Olga Alvarez
Department: 503

Future Events

03/11/202411:00 AM503Review Hearing (Conservatorships)

11/30/23 - Kaitlyn Welling, a professional fiduciary and proposed conservator, filed a Notice of Remote Hearing and partial inventory and appraisal for $735.
12/4/23 - Review Hearing (Conservatorships) continued pursuant to party's motion to 03/11/2024 at 11:00AM before Judge Olga Alvarez.

Case Number:37-2023-00017948-PR-CE-CTL
Date Filed:04/26/2023
Case Title:Conservatorship of May T. Millete aka Maya Millete [IMAGED]
Case Status: Pending
Case Category: Probate
Case Type: Conservatorship Of Estate Only
Judicial Officer: Olga Alvarez
Department: 503

Future Events

03/11/202411:00 AM503Review Hearing (Conservatorships)

11/30/23 - Kaitlyn Welling, a professional fiduciary and proposed conservator, filed a Notice of Remote Hearing and partial inventory and appraisal for $735.
12/4/23 - Review Hearing (Conservatorships) continued pursuant to party's motion to 03/11/2024 at 11:00AM before Judge Olga Alvarez.

Again - THANKS! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back