Identified! CA - Mendocino Co, 2 WhtFem Teens, Jul'79 *Francine Trimble & Kerry Graham*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Grissom looks like a great match for the guy. I would really like to see this lead pursued. The fact that the two ran off together to California and were about the right age...and Grissom's likeness...It just seems like the best lead at this point.

I wonder if Karen's rule-out by dental comparison is really concrete. I have become skeptical of rule-outs by dental comparisons (especially in cases involving children) ever since the Colleen Orsborn incident...I wonder how old the dental records for Karen's rule-out were and how much her teeth could have changed in the 18 months from when she disappeared to when the Doe was found.

This is one of the cases I would really love to see solved. I wonder if these two ran off together and the parents simply didn't report them as missing. So sad that they met such an unfortunate ending :cry:

I think a dental rule out in this case would be very reliable because these youngsters teeth were very distinctive in that they were perfect - no cavities, nothing. If Karen Lee had had any dental work done at all it would rule her out.

That doesn't rule out the Grissom boy though. If he was a runaway he could have parted company with Karen Lee at some point and found himself a new girlfriend.

I think this JOHN DOE MENDOCINO COUNTY resembles one of the pictures in the Alcala collection.

NCMU400033c2.jpg

00532.jpg

JANE DOE MENDOCINO COUNTY resembles one of the girls.

If you enlarge the Alcala picture she seems to have freckles. Of course, she is blonde and her hair is longer. She also looks a little older than the Jane Doe.

NCMU400033c1.jpg

She is in picture #80. I can't put it on here because it displays too large.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=400033&orgPrefix=NCMU&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=400033&orgPrefix=NCMU&seqNum=2&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.huntingtonbeachca.gov/government/departments/pd/crime_info/rodney_photo2.cfm

http://www.huntingtonbeachca.gov/government/departments/pd/crime_info/rodney_photo4.cfm

Back when the Alcala photos were released, I spoke with the HB detective about that photo with the blue background as a possible to Mendocino John Doe. I wasn't sure whether the photo was of a boy or a girl. He verified that the photo is of a girl.

Back when the Alcala photos were released, I spoke with the HB detective about that photo with the blue background as a possible to Mendocino John Doe. I wasn't sure whether the photo was of a boy or a girl. He verified that the photo is of a girl.

Whoops.........I missed again.

I think a dental rule out in this case would be very reliable because these youngsters teeth were very distinctive in that they were perfect - no cavities, nothing. If Karen Lee had had any dental work done at all it would rule her out.

That doesn't rule out the Grissom boy though. If he was a runaway he could have parted company with Karen Lee at some point and found himself a new girlfriend.

I too think this could be Grissom and maybe he had not parted company with Karen but whoever was responsible for his death and girl buried with him decided to take Karen with him/them?

I noticed the comment in Grissom's circumstances:

Personal items located in Linn County during 1977 that may suggest foul play.

I wonder what they meant by that. It seems to suggest that he (or they) may have been killed in Linn County before ever leaving town.

While looking for more information on Rodney G ..... i found some You tube films with a Rodney Gr who looks like he would be about the same age as the missing Rodney. This Rodney is talking about his business systems.

Found her photo from the FB of her sisters that looking for her. Like Rodney Lynn Grissom, her photo is pretty close to the sketch photo of Jane Doe.

Attachments

• 578182_383504315024337_1603863192_n.jpg
    578182_383504315024337_1603863192_n.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 143
I retouched out the photo damage and am re-posting.

2129956820045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I thought for certain these would turn out to be Lee & Grissom. Seemed like such a perfect match. Charley Project does state that some of their belongings were found in Oregon though, so they may never have made it to California at all.

The resemblance between the photo of Rodney & that earlier reconstruction is startling!

But looking at the new recon, and the actual skull, the male has a much narrower facial structure and narrower jawline than Rodney does.

But looking at the new recon, and the actual skull, the male has a much narrower facial structure and narrower jawline than Rodney does.

Yes. And the Rodney L Grissom who was alive in 1994 was exactly the right age to have been the formerly missing youth - but that just makes the initial reconstruction's resemblance seem even more eery, to me :)

I'm just overjoyed that, after all this time, such serious, fresh efforts are being made in this case! HOORAY!

And there may finally be a resolution to the Patz case, and there have finally been grand juries working on the OCCK...progress, progress everywhere! My heart sings :)

These new reconstructions reveal very good-loooking children, don't you think? (All children are, of course, good-looking in their own ways...)

Were the "perfect teeth" confirmed by the re-examination, does anyone know? That seems unusual, to me, and suggezsts that they might not have been exposed to refined sugar products. And that would suggest to me, possibly a counter-culture upbringing - ?

Also, the fact that they are not biological brother & sister does not mean that could not have come from the same family. They could still by brother & sister by adoption or marriage.

So, what was that tooth found not belonging to either of the two about?

Talkin about the BBC link up on the page

I don't know if he has already been mentioned, but I can't get over the incredible similarities of the UID and this missing person, Darren (Derran) Rogers. His age is exact but his height is way off, but I instantly thought of this UID when I saw his photo...

What do you think?

Attachments

• 111UMCA.jpg
    111UMCA.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 48
  • rogers_darren.jpg
    rogers_darren.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 39

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online