CA CA - Michelle Duncan, 18, South Los Angeles, 4 Nov 1984

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Michelle Leone Duncan[/h]
  • michelle_leone_duncan_1.jpg
  • michelle_leone_duncan_2.jpg
  • michelle_leone_duncan_3.jpg
  • michelle_leone_duncan_4.jpg
  • michelle_leone_duncan_6.jpg

• Missing Since 11/04/1984
  • Missing From Los Angeles, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 09/09/1966 (51)
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 120 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Duncan has a birthmark on the side of her face. Her nickname is Shelly.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Duncan was last seen in Los Angeles, California on November 4, 1984. She disappeared under suspicious circumstances and has never been heard from again.

Just before her disappearance, Duncan called her mother twice. She said she was frightened of a man she knew and asked her mother to pick her up.

Few details are available in Duncan's case. Her father and many of her other family members have died since her disappearance, but her mother is still alive and still looking for her.

http://charleyproject.org/case/michelle-leone-duncan

Michelle was last seen November 4, 1984 in South Los Angeles. The police report type lists Michelle as missing under suspicious circumstances. Her mother states that Michelle called her on two occasions right before her disappearance. She said that Michelle was frightened of an adult male she knew and asked to be picked up.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5440/

Current list of Unidentified Person exclusions for Michelle per NamUs:
UP8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA
UP11087 05/15/1989 Mohave AZ (X2)
UP4034 08/24/1988 Los Angeles CA
UP6554 01/05/1990 Canadian OK
UP8314 03/10/1985 Dona Ana NM
UP7672 04/01/1990 Orange CA (removed from NamUs)
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA
UP9978 10/13/2010 Pierce WA
UP6796 11/18/1985 Alleghany VA
UP6303 01/26/1997 Warren VA
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP6665 05/14/2007 Petersburg VA
UP6150 11/07/1998 Stafford VA
UP9027 09/27/1986 Clark NV

861DFCA - Michelle Leone Duncan

Name: Michelle Leone Duncan
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: November 4, 1984
Location Last Seen: Modesto, Stanislaus County, California

Physical Description
Date of Birth: September 9, 1966
Race: White
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Shelly
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Birthmark on the right side of her face.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Michelle was last seen on November 4, 1984 in South Los Angeles. Her mother states that Michelle called her on two occasions right before her disappearance. She said that Michelle was frightened of an adult male she knew and asked to be picked up. Michelle is missing under suspicious circumstances.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Los Angeles Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Maria Guevara
Agency Phone Number: 213-996-1800
Agency E-Mail: missingpersons@lapd.lacity.org
Agency Case Number: 8818-15587
NCIC Case Number: M-305546734
NamUs Case Number: 5440

Information Source(s)
NamUs
California Department of Justice
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

Somehow this Grim sleeper picture reminds me of Michelle.
15969-aa3cd2a3676f64a8960e55349597ce05.jpg
michelle_leone_duncan_6.jpg

Michelle went missing from South Los Angeles in late 1984 (11/04/1984). As far as known "the series of killings began in South Los Angeles in the summer of 1985 and continued with some frequency until 1988, when a female survivor was raped and shot." Map: Grim Sleeper killings, 1985-2007 - The Homicide Report What if this was an earlier murder, his first?

It’s difficult for me to compare some of these with so little information and no recon. Generally, I’d say they’re worth submitting if only to get a definitive rule out (if possible). Unfortunately, there are going to be multiple UID, especially in CA around this time, who closely match the physical description of Michelle. I personally believe there’s only one way to find out if these could be her.

I admire you for taking the time to look through these!

The girl found in a motel room in a suitcase is very interesting. I’d never seen that case before!

Hi @kelsie (nice color in your avatar BTW) Good you looked into it. My thoughts about your potential matches.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Possible match. Sex unsure, no mentioning of hair and eye color, height or weight, so no comparison and thus no exclusion possible based on that. Age and PMI would fit, found in Griffin Park. I think they mean Griffith Park. Maybe they can check dentals.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (this one is real interesting) I would say no match. To much inconsistencies. Black hair, brown eyes (kind of strange they could establish that, because the body was not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction) where Michelle has blue, probably Hispanic/
Caucasian, I don't see that for Michelle, but I didn't check her ancestry. Height 2 inches off; seems no problem IMO. PMI is 1988 where Michelle went missing in 1984. Where was she in the mean time.......

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Brown eyes, killed in 1988, Michelle went missing in 1984, I have doubts about the story, recognizable face, height is 5 inches off (5'2, Michelle 5'7), to much IMO. No match.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Not sure. She was found in 1996, Michelle would have been 30 at that time, that fits in the age range. Hazel eyes, no problem compared to blue IMO. Height 1 inch off, so fits. The scars...it sounds like Jane Doe had some kind of breast reduction, Michelle could have done that, don't know....she had a recognizable face, no birth mark on the right site (like Michelle had) mentioned. Still doubts about the difference between missing date and finding date, the story.

Feel free to do with it what you think is right. Reading this unidentified files, that are new to me, you got me going again :)

To be fair this case went somewhat to the back of my head....Why is there so little known about her and her missing circumstances? Poor woman. Is there anybody left advocating for her? I think so....but in all the files available nothing is added in all these years.
Shelly Duncan

To be fair this case went somewhat to the back of my head....Why is there so little known about her and her missing circumstances? Poor woman. Is there anybody left advocating for her? I think so....but in all the files available nothing is added in all these years.
Shelly Duncan

She still has family looking, discussing, and posting. It’s not right out there but it is there.

Evidently her son is still hoping to find answers.

Sarah Perry

I read all the posts but it's still hard for me to understand the family dynamics/relations. I mean how does SA, who was supposedly last with her and claimed to be her son's father, relates to Shelly. How did they know each other, were they lovers, friends? I can't seem to find a marriage record for Shelly. Maybe I didn't search hard enough. Also there is another man (CC) claiming her son is his child, introducing him to his own dad as a grandchild. Very confusing. There are solutions to find out who your real dad is. Does knowing this could clear up some of the circumstances surrounding Shelly's disappearance. I don't know. Maybe a motive could be established. Was the guy she was afraid of one of the above or a totally different man?

I understand that that trash Arthur Nelson Ream has kidnapped her because she is a ... but she lets her mother call her mother knowing that she is suffering for her daughter... and she doesn't give the location of the body if she is already in prison for life. prison..
Little one, I hope that one day you can rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back