GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You are correct, her phone was traced to Union City. Maybe that is a factor in naming her a POI, maybe there are more phone records connecting her to Michelle.

The most recent article by the local ABC station has changed the spelling to Esteban and says:

Esteban told ABC7 News by phone she "openly hates Michelle" for once stealing her boyfriend in high school but is innocent of anything associated with Le's disappearance.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8167555

That is one SERIOUS grudge if this - or even her "open hatred" of Michelle really stems from a high school boyfriend issue.

That was YEARS ago...there has got to be more to this, if this is truly now the cause of Michelle's disappearance. (Meaning it seems surely there was a more current conflict that set this girl off...and which directed LE to look at her)

That is one SERIOUS grudge if this - or even her "open hatred" of Michelle really stems from a high school boyfriend issue.

That was YEARS ago...there has got to be more to this, if this is truly now the cause of Michelle's disappearance. (Meaning it seems surely there was a more current conflict that set this girl off...and which directed LE to look at her)

Chili Fries and TravelingBug---You are right, there IS more to this: supposedly this man is the father of Esteban's child. I will see if I can find the link.

Here's the link: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8164786

At the link, scroll about 1/3 of the way down the page: "Esteban claims Le dated her boyfriend and that ruined her relationship with the man who also fathered her 5-year-old child."

How did both of these girls end up here in N. Cali and in the same general area? The news report states she has not been back to the apt since the search, she probably went back to San Diego to escape the heat.

I wonder if Michelle moved her car because she knew someone was trying to harm her car? But they had more violent intentions...Parking the car on the street she did would have been a easy walk back to the hospital. Just cut through the townhouse complex and cross the 6 lane street.

10News learned Esteban and Le became fast friends at Mt. Carmel High School in Rancho Penasquitos. Both were members of the school's Key Club and both ended up in the Bay Area after graduating from high school.

Last July, Esteban returned to the San Diego area, and her former roommate Richard San Jose told 10News Esteban, a mother of a young girl, was newly divorced.

"She told me he was an unfaithful husband and that he cheated on her," said San Jose

Esteban told KGO that she and Le had a recent falling out over a man and that Le was the other woman.

According to KGO, Esteban said, "I openly hate Michelle, but I am innocent."

San Jose told 10News Esteban did not seem like the vengeful type.

"She didn't come off to me as a jealous person … to my knowledge, she was ready to go on with her life," said San Jose.

http://www.10news.com/news/28115105/detail.html

So is she living in San Diego or the Bay area? It sounds like the boy trouble was recent, not high school.

Praying for Michelle and her family.

10News learned Esteban and Le became fast friends at Mt. Carmel High School in Rancho Penasquitos. Both were members of the school's Key Club and both ended up in the Bay Area after graduating from high school.

Last July, Esteban returned to the San Diego area, and her former roommate Richard San Jose told 10News Esteban, a mother of a young girl, was newly divorced.

"She told me he was an unfaithful husband and that he cheated on her," said San Jose

Esteban told KGO that she and Le had a recent falling out over a man and that Le was the other woman.

According to KGO, Esteban said, "I openly hate Michelle, but I am innocent."

San Jose told 10News Esteban did not seem like the vengeful type.

"She didn't come off to me as a jealous person … to my knowledge, she was ready to go on with her life," said San Jose.

http://www.10news.com/news/28115105/detail.html

So is she living in San Diego or the Bay area? It sounds like the boy trouble was recent, not high school.

Praying for Michelle and her family.

So it sounds as if Michelle didn't date the father of Esteban's daughter, it is someone else they had a falling-out over.

As far as where does Esteban live, I don't know.

So it sounds as if Michelle didn't date the father of Esteban's daughter, it is someone else they had a falling-out over.

As far as where does Esteban live, I don't know.

I wonder if it's a case of poor journalism?

Perhaps when it says "Last July, Esteban returned to the San Diego area, and her former roommate Richard San Jose told 10News Esteban, a mother of a young girl, was newly divorced" it really means that she returned to the SD area for a visit not to live?

Because everything else seems to indicate that Esteban still lives in the Bay Area not down here (earlier article, LE searching her place, etc. - which would have been worded differently, I think, if they were having to do it here in SD area vs. Bay area, no?)

I've not seen anything in our local media here indicating that Esteban's currently here, just the past ties...and after Chelsea and Amber back to back, and Danielle VanDam before that, our media kind of jumps on missing persons cases pretty well - especially since Michelle and Giselle are from the same relative community as the others (Danielle VD lived just across the freeway from Mt. Carmel HS essentially; and CK was killed just a few miles north - and Amber a few miles from that) and this inland north county area is not where this stuff is "expected" to happen/originate from (if that makes sense?)

The true (weekly) local paper doesn't really update their website often, but I'll see if someone's got one because that'd probably have more on Giselle and Michelle than anything since it's specific to the Poway/Sabre Springs/Penasquitos (aka PQ)/Carmel Mountain/RB areas. But it also gets delivered today and with the short and holiday week it may be a next week thing if this is still going on...

I wonder if it's a case of poor journalism?

Perhaps when it says "Last July, Esteban returned to the San Diego area, and her former roommate Richard San Jose told 10News Esteban, a mother of a young girl, was newly divorced" it really means that she returned to the SD area for a visit not to live?

Because everything else seems to indicate that Esteban still lives in the Bay Area not down here (earlier article, LE searching her place, etc. - which would have been worded differently, I think, if they were having to do it here in SD area vs. Bay area, no?)

I've not seen anything in our local media here indicating that Esteban's currently here, just the past ties...and after Chelsea and Amber back to back, and Danielle VanDam before that, our media kind of jumps on missing persons cases pretty well - especially since Michelle and Giselle are from the same relative community as the others (Danielle VD lived just across the freeway from Mt. Carmel HS essentially; and CK was killed just a few miles north - and Amber a few miles from that) and this inland north county area is not where this stuff is "expected" to happen/originate from (if that makes sense?)

The true (weekly) local paper doesn't really update their website often, but I'll see if someone's got one because that'd probably have more on Giselle and Michelle than anything since it's specific to the Poway/Sabre Springs/Penasquitos (aka PQ)/Carmel Mountain/RB areas. But it also gets delivered today and with the short and holiday week it may be a next week thing if this is still going on...

I think it probably is a case of poor journalism. I've never seen so many errors in reporting as I have since I started sleuthing here! I know it seems to be an occupational hazard, and always was.

I've not seen anything in our local media here indicating that Esteban's currently here, just the past ties...

I'm in the San Diego area, too, and although I've seen Michelle mentioned in all the MSM here, I've not read a lot about Giselle. I wonder how long she lived in SD and if her family is still here....????

Giselle Esteban

I found the address from the ABC 7 video. They showed a building and it had a number on it. From there I dug around and got the condo complex. It's about 5.5 miles to the Kaiser Hospital.

Union City is just the next city over from the hospital. I took a drive over to her complex, its pretty small and there's only 1 entry/exit to the complex. I'm the one that lives on the street where her car was found.

The days before Michelle's disappearance, I did see a Filipino looking dude sitting in a car on Ponderosa ct when I was coming home from work after 5pm. Giselle is Filipino herself. It was a car I haven't seen before on our street. A silver 4 door. I was trying to see if that car was in her condo complex. No such luck. He could have been waiting for friends or family on my street, who knows.

I drove through the parking garage of the Kaiser today. It's 3 or 4 stories and cameras at various spots. There's no hiding from the cameras. Plus, its a busy hospital. I drove through at 8pm. Cars/people were coming and going. The photo I snapped was at 8pm. There is still a lot of light out.

I also took a drive over to Niles Canyon Road, Fremont, CA today. An area near Giselle's condo. Its a 2 lane road that cuts through a canyon. Forest area and a spot someone could dump a person from the side of the road.

8pm at Kaiser's parking garage:
kaiserparking.jpg

Attachments

• mapresize.jpg
    mapresize.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 36
I'm in the San Diego area, too, and although I've seen Michelle mentioned in all the MSM here, I've not read a lot about Giselle. I wonder how long she lived in SD and if her family is still here....????

I'm guessing that'll change now that her name is more broadly public. I think they were sticking to Michelle and the references to a former friend from MCHS but that now they've got a name, we'll see stuff on Giselle, as well.

This Bay Area local Union City crimelog lists her... http://www.localcrimenews.com/lookup.php?jid=6052111

We know that Giselle Esteban has been living in Union City, because here is the crime report showing her recent arrest related to the disappearance of Michelle Le:

http://www.localcrimenews.com/lookup.php?jid=6052111

We know, from the KGO videos and printed stories that Giselle's apartment in Union City was gone through with a fine tooth comb, apparently. The neighbors indicated that the police were there for some time.

We also know, from an earlier news article that Michelle's phone pinged or something, in the Union City area.

Jedi — Maybe you should share your information with the police? Especially, about the stranger you saw in your neighborhood in the silver 4 door. Maybe just that info would fit in with other info only the police have. Just an idea.

Thanks for the info Jedi, but you should probably edit out the part of your post and map that gives the exact address of Esteban's apartment. I believe posting the exact address is against the rules of this forum. You can still leave the "A" on the map that gives the location of her apartment but not the specific address.

Listening to local NBC in background (I at home working am in Union City), I think they have a reporter in the canyon, I think they are searching and that cell phone pings were there. But the reporter's line cut out, and the local news is only a few minutes on breaks on Today show. I'll report if I hear more...

Jedi — Maybe you should share your information with the police? Especially, about the stranger you saw in your neighborhood in the silver 4 door. Maybe just that info would fit in with other info only the police have. Just an idea.

Yes, Jedi, please call this in. You never know if it may be important. Thanks for the local information!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back