GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Listening to local NBC in background (I at home working am in Union City), I think they have a reporter in the canyon, I think they are searching and that cell phone pings were there. But the reporter's line cut out, and the local news is only a few minutes on breaks on Today show. I'll report if I hear more...

Canyon? Is this the Niles Canyon Rd area jedi described? Gosh, keep us updated!

Yes, Niles Canyon, nearby me, I ride up to there on bicycle, a few miles. BUT after the onsite reporter got cut off (around 8:30 am my time) they never went back to her. Instead, the bottom text banner on the news breaks just says "...continuing to follow leads.."

11 am local news on another channel - nothing new, except reward has been increased to $40k. Vigil tonite as previously reported. *sigh*

I'm giving up with my search attempts.

Seems like the family/friends/police are hiding stuff. Friends are ordered not to talk to media or post things. So you only see a few faces in the media. Fam/friends are not even dropping by on the FB community page someone made. The one her family made has nothing useful. Just locations on where to post flyers. You would think transparency and giving a profile of the person we are trying to help locate would be the thing to do.

This message was for tonight's vigil.
Also, there will be media there. No one is to talk to the media. They will be recording and taking pictures. If a reporter approaches you, you MUST direct them to designated media contacts
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_229405987072292

They don't even say where she was working. I'm sure this Kaiser location was not paying her to take courses there. So she must of had a source of income to afford a 1 year old car, a trip to Reno, room and board. But again, no one is talking.

"In a statement, Le's family said they are aware time is not on their side, but are buoyed by the addition of FBI missing persons personnel in the search."

Hopefully, having the FBI involved will help things along in finding her!

http://www.foxreno.com/news/28123975/detail.html

And I just found this interesting bit from the linked article:

According to Hayward police spokesman Lt. Roger Keener:
"He said he won't identify the other persons of interest and the only reason he is confirming that Esteban was questioned is that she contacted the news media on her own."

Do you think there is any significance to this? Hmm. Maybe not, but interesting, nonetheless...

http://www.ktvu.com/news/28126423/detail.html

Candlelight vigil going on now. Pretty good turnout of over 150 people in the rain. Cops and every tv news station is here. I'm feeling under the weather so I can't be out there for long.

Gosh, I wish the presence of the FBI made me feel more optimistic but have not seen it to the case so far in several other missing persons cases...:(

vigil.jpg

trucks.jpg

6 News vans were present, about about 4 police officers, Michelle's entire family, tons of friends and fellow students. All of the neighbors and their dogs were out also. About 300 people at the peak.

Thank you for posting the photos, Jedi. I'm glad to hear the turnout was good and her family has lots of support. I'm very worried about this young woman.

Jedi, did you call in about the car you saw? Thank you for the pictures. Hope you feel better soon. I hope she comes home safely.

Praying for Michelle and her family.

Has anyone noticed on the FB page that someone named "Eileen Gail Roces" keeps writing RIP?

I think that if I were LE, I would be checking out whoever that person is.

I'm wondering if Roces knows Esteban or any of the people at issue with Le.

Her twitter page notes her in San Francisco and "studying." Was she a student elsewhere or near Le?

I'm wondering if maybe there was some big "gang" kind of thing against Le, and someone decided to "help" Le away in avenging Esteban or whoever it was that was not happy with Le.

I'm wondering if Roces knows Esteban or any of the people at issue with Le.

Her twitter page notes her in San Francisco and "studying." Was she a student elsewhere or near Le?

I'm wondering if maybe there was some big "gang" kind of thing against Le, and someone decided to "help" Le away in avenging Esteban or whoever it was that was not happy with Le.

Hi Wrinkles, maybe you should report that to LE? I am sure it's nothing but you never know.

Thank you Jedi for all your work and efforts, they are very appreciated by all of us. :rocker:

vigil.jpg

trucks.jpg

6 News vans were present, about about 4 police officers, Michelle's entire family, tons of friends and fellow students. All of the neighbors and their dogs were out also. About 300 people at the peak.

Thank you for the pictures.
If this is where they found Michelle's car, it seems to be an area with lots of homes. Surely, at 7 p.m. or so on a Friday night, someone in one of those houses would have seen the car being dropped off. That's assuming, of course, that it was left there at that time and not later on--in the middle of the night, for example.

I forget: is this street close enough to the hospital that people might even park there to avoid paying parking lot fees? It seemed a little too far away, as I recall. The point I'm making is, if it were a parking spot for people visiting relatives or friends in the hospital,or whatever, there would have been a lot of people coming and going. It just seems like someone should have seen something.

It seems like the "missing" posters should say "Missing from Hayward, CA" , rather than San Mateo. She disappeared in Hayward. I guess she lived in San Mateo at some point in time, but does she live there now?

If someone in Hayward hadn't heard about her and saw the part about San Mateo,they might dismiss it without reading the poster. (San Mateo is on the other side of SF Bay). What if they might have some information?. Oh well, maybe it doesn't matter.

And I also am editing to add, I know nothing about how to make a missing person poster--they probably had help from someone who does know.

There is now an official Michelle Le Missing website created by her family to help bring her home.

Not a whole lot there yet, though.

Here's the site: http://michellelemissing.com/

A couple new (to me, anyway) bits of information gleaned from the site, however:

1) Purse and wallet left behind--when she went to her car

2) Nearby coffee shop--she was to meet the friend she was going to Reno with there

Regarding last night's vigil, I'm glad there seems to be a lot of support for this case. I saw on one of the videos about it that there was sign-up sheets for search parties. Good!

The video: http://www.ktvu.com/news/28129009/detail.html

There is now an official Michelle Le Missing website created by her family to help bring her home.

Not a whole lot there yet, though.

Here's the site: http://michellelemissing.com/

A couple new (to me, anyway) bits of information gleaned from the site, however:

1) Purse and wallet left behind--when she went to her car

2) Nearby coffee shop--she was to meet the friend she was going to Reno with there

Regarding last night's vigil, I'm glad there seems to be a lot of support for this case. I saw on one of the videos about it that there was sign-up sheets for search parties. Good!

The video: http://www.ktvu.com/news/28129009/detail.html

Thanks for this information. Michelle really is trusting, to leave her purse and wallet while she left the building! I'd never do that...Unless it was locked in a locker or someplace safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back