CA CA - Mitrice Richardson, 24, Malibu, 17 Sep 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unless there is some evidence the police have that we don't know about, that they had enough to pursue a mental hold on Matrice "imminent threat of harm to self or others", NO, they could NOT legally hold her because she was acting strange.

The arrest & booking was for an offense (not mental status). Once police processed her for that offense she was free to go unless they had the legally defined mental criteria allowing them to hold her against her will. The police invited her to stay and offered her a place to stay, but they could not legally compel her to stay.

Please, if you disagree, read my post directly above. The system can be changed if enough people let their disagreement be known.

Believe me, I read your post numerous times before responding. I fail to understand how it applies to Mitrice's case.

I guarantee, unless someone who was at that station spills the beans, we will NEVER know exactly what occurred there that night. I can see them keeping her car - though that is even a stretch, considering they didn't arrest her on a moving violation. However, if you can explain why they let her go in the middle of the night without her purse and phone, I would LOVE to hear it.

Apples and oranges, IMO. And the bottom line is, this young woman has been missing ever since. That is on their heads, as far as I'm concerned. Regardless of her mental state.

Elite LASD Divers Search Waters in Malibu Creek Area After Informant Reports the Possible Presence of Bones that Might Shed Light on Case of Missing Woman

This article discusses several developments in the case. Her parents never married, are fighting, and allegations that funds donated for the search might be misused. ............ Sutton has sent emails to all parties who have been involved in her search efforts alleging that the father is misusing mural photographs that belong to her and he is attempting to financially benefit from his daughter’s plight..............

Divers search waters in Malibu Creek
Well I was kind of leaning towards the same thing. The fact that the Dad is out for money. I am sorry I put the Mom in this. I think it's a very sad situation that the Dad is using that mural like it was painted in the canyons. I have one question though. Did the mom paint those murals and what did they mean? I think they are pretty risque if she did.

Well I was kind of leaning towards the same thing. The fact that the Dad is out for money. I am sorry I put the Mom in this. I think it's a very sad situation that the Dad is using that mural like it was painted in the canyons. I have one question though. Did the mom paint those murals and what did they mean? I think they are pretty risque if she did.

So sad. Even Jaycee Dugard's bio dad is attempting to cash in and he never even knew she existed until she went missing!

I'm not sure who posted the murals - or really why. I don't understand why her family is thinking there is a connection. Maybe they know (or think they know) something we don't know?

Fairy1, That is so sad. People trying to cash in on their kids disappearances. You see it all the time. Here is the article where Mitrice's Mother states that the Dad is cashing in and took the Murals from her and tried to act like they were painted in the canyon. JMO but from day one he has played the race card and on her website asks for money all the time.

Elite LASD Divers Search Waters in Malibu Creek Area After Informant Reports the Possible Presence of Bones that Might Shed Light on Case of Missing Woman

This article discusses several developments in the case. Her parents never married, are fighting, and allegations that funds donated for the search might be misused. ............ Sutton has sent emails to all parties who have been involved in her search efforts alleging that the father is misusing mural photographs that belong to her and he is attempting to financially benefit from his daughter’s plight..............

Divers search waters in Malibu Creek
Here we go.

At least they're keeping her story out there in the news. More than could be said for other missing persons.

Sorry to butt in to the discussion, but I've read several articles that suggest that LE was also concerned about the murals. On the father's FB page for Matrice, there are a handful of legitimate news articles that state that LE is interested in knowing who the artist/s was....and interested in doing a DNA and fingerprint analysis of the paintbrushes.

I know nothing about this area or the racial makeup of the blocks where she went missing, but the news articles state (paraphrasing) that there was a public announcement of a search party and area forming. The night before the search party showed to that same exact area, someone was painting racially and sexually provacative portraits of a black naked female. I think the concern was in the timing and location of the mural....it just seemed rather odd and suspect, that someone would be out painting that exact thing in that exact area. Odd enough to at least warrant a background search. IMHO.

Sorry to butt in to the discussion, but I've read several articles that suggest that LE was also concerned about the murals. On the father's FB page for Matrice, there are a handful of legitimate news articles that state that LE is interested in knowing who the artist/s was....and interested in doing a DNA and fingerprint analysis of the paintbrushes.

I know nothing about this area or the racial makeup of the blocks where she went missing, but the news articles state (paraphrasing) that there was a public announcement of a search party and area forming. The night before the search party showed to that same exact area, someone was painting racially and sexually provacative portraits of a black naked female. I think the concern was in the timing and location of the mural....it just seemed rather odd and suspect, that someone would be out painting that exact thing in that exact area. Odd enough to at least warrant a background search. IMHO.

She went missing in the Malibu area - not exactly a "gangbanger" part of SoCal. Here is a link to the mural - hope it's ok to post here. Said to be found in the same area, but having been there numerous times, I really have to wonder. I've NEVER seen anything even remotely like this in that area.

http://www.bringmitricehome.org/PHOTOS.html

This case has really bothered me. Was there ever any questioning of police officers or other employees of the station who were there that evening? When was shift change? Could there be a "bad guy" among the police who used opportunity? Just curious.

So now I am so confused. So the mural really is there? I wonder why the Mom said that the Dad took the photos from her and was making something more of it. I read that on Mitrice's missing website.

So now I am so confused. So the mural really is there? I wonder why the Mom said that the Dad took the photos from her and was making something more of it. I read that on Mitrice's missing website.

It IS somewhere in one of the previous search areas. It's just that not everyone agrees it has any connection to Mitrice.

It is good to know another search is planned.
IMO: Mitrice was lost in the foothills and canyon area and is there today.

As for the murals, it seems they have been noticed before and the police are aware of the person.
Some person obviously likes to paint on culvert walls.

One thing I noted in the news article, .. police said that they hope to get dna from the fecal matter prominently displayed....(paraphrasing)

I just hope Mitrice can be found soon.

Mural is really there. Pics on Mitrice Richardson website.
As I read the info, her mother had the pictures, gave them to Mitrice's father and he put them on the website, which seemed to annoy Mitrice's mother. IMO.

Mural is really there. Pics on Mitrice Richardson website.
As I read the info, her mother had the pictures, gave them to Mitrice's father and he put them on the website, which seemed to annoy Mitrice's mother. IMO.
Thank you Dreamweaver. I thought she said the mural. It lead me to believe that she painted it and he was putting it out there and trying to make money. I also wondered why she would paint something like that. Let me go back and read so I can get this straight. :waitasec:

It is good to know another search is planned.
IMO: Mitrice was lost in the foothills and canyon area and is there today.

As for the murals, it seems they have been noticed before and the police are aware of the person.
Some person obviously likes to paint on culvert walls.

One thing I noted in the news article, .. police said that they hope to get dna from the fecal matter prominently displayed....(paraphrasing)

I just hope Mitrice can be found soon.

It does sound like LE is familiar with the, uh, artist. I'm curious to know if their other projects are similar or if they're tied to other cases. KWIM?

I do not believe any of the searches have concentrated on the area east of where she was last seen. That is where I think she is. The last sighting, although unconfirmed for some unknown reason was at 6:30am deep in a neighborhood off Piuma Road. She was clearly lost, and my guess is she continued heading away from Malibu Canyon Road, and further on Piuma Rd eventually into the wilderness.

Does anyone know why the sighting at 6:30 has not been "confirmed"? I mean, there are not a whole lot of Black people, or anyone that would be in a backyard or porch uninvited in that area. To me this seems weird. There was another unconfirmed sighting at 7:30am (truly unconfirmed because it was given to the searchers rather than the police). "Proving" or debunking these sightings would make a huge impact in the direction of the case.

The mural news is disturbing. I think it might be a sick individual that probably resents possible negative attention brought to the area due to the search. In the case of Renee Fox (Mazourka Canyon/Independence, CA), this happened. Vile anonymous comments left on blogs from locals, frequent vandalism of a remote memorial site presumably by angry locals. On my frequent drives on Malibu Canyon I've noticed large graffiti in very weird and dangerous places. There is on on an outcropping of large rock that is at least 20 feet higher than the road and 20-50 out over into the canyon. I have no idea how the person got there to "paint" it!

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-mitrice-richardson-20100629,0,3129763.story

By Carla Hall, Los Angeles Times
June 29, 2010 | 4:08 p.m.

The mother of Mitrice Richardson — the woman missing since she was released from the Malibu/Lost Hills sheriff's station in the dark, early morning of Sept. 17 — filed a negligence and wrongful death lawsuit Tuesday against Los Angeles County and Sheriff's Department officials.

Citing video footage of Richardson in a holding cell that shows her behaving in an infantile manner, Latice Sutton blamed the Sheriff's Department for failing to give her daughter a medical or psychiatric evaluation.

Jane Velez posted an update on her Facebook page 7 minutes ago saying she is having Richardson's parents on tonight!!! WOOO!!!!

I thought that was a very good appearance by Mitrice's Mom...she was so well spoken and passionate. I hope they get more leads =(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back