CA CA - Mitrice Richardson, 24, Malibu, 17 Sep 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Mitrice Richardson disappearance/death isn’t the only instance in the Calabasas/Malibu area of mysterious disappearances/deaths which make about as much sense as what happened to Mitrice.

The cases most similar to that of MR are:

Elaine Park
Jennifer Lorber
Beldina Nyadwe
Julia Christine Snyder

Additionally there was the very resent and highly publicized murder at Malibu Creek State Park of Tristan Beaudette which is still unsolved as well as Matthew Weaver jr who is still missing under highly suspicious circumstance. Not to mention all unidentified/unexplained human skeletal remains discovered in the last 10 years.

THE LOCAL MALIBU actually mapped some of the unusual activity between Malibu and Calabasas that happened since the discovery of Mitrice’s remains.

View attachment 233872

Not sure if any of these are connected to one another other then the area in which they occurred and possibly the LE station involved in investigating each incident.

That's an awful lot of criminal activity for such a ritzy area. It's just so unexpected but there it is. Nothing to say there aren't rich serial killer(s) on the loose.

I was listening to one of the many podcasts on Mitrice this afternoon that said when her body was found, her head was off and had been lain on her chest. I had not heard that before. Then I remembered her mom's call to the police about not wanting to hear any reports of a girl with her head chopped off in relation to whether or not they would release her daughter that night. Coincidence? I have not been able to find anything about that *advertiser censored* ranch that used to be up there and can't remember the name of it. I believe it was put up for sale right after the remains were found. Short of a helicopter, the only way to get to the place where Mitrice was found was to go thru that property. I still feel the answers are with the police and that ranch but I don't know if they all were cleared. Does anyone know?

July 13 2020
Cold Case: Mitrice Richardson
1*x30mBy0lp1ZjAObi8kv62Q.jpeg

Mitrice Richardson. Photo credit: laist.com/2016/02/15/mitrice_richardson_case.php
1*lxZvfh7WIJtzf2pL65ichA.jpeg

The cities of Malibu, Agoura, and Calabasas are offering a combined reward of $30k for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the death of Mitrice Richardson. Source.

If you have any information, call the anonymous tip line at (310)906-0435.

Additionally you can contact Det. Chuck Knolls of the Los Angeles Police Department at (213)485-2531 or click on bringmitricehome.org.

Reward poster for information on the whereabouts of Mitrice Richardson.''

I just saw the Disappeared episode of this case yesterday. I think as in many cases Occams Razor should be applied. The ball was dropped by LE . It was obvious she was suffering from some type of mental problem. They should've kept Mitrice for her own protection till she was picked up by family. Her mom dropped the ball by not waking up the younger sibling and picking Mitrice up when she was called. The restaurant dropped the ball by not accepting grandmas credit card over the phone. I believe Mitrice wandered into a rugged area and died of exposure.

I just saw the Disappeared episode of this case yesterday. I think as in many cases Occams Razor should be applied. The ball was dropped by LE . It was obvious she was suffering from some type of mental problem. They should've kept Mitrice for her own protection till she was picked up by family. Her mom dropped the ball by not waking up the younger sibling and picking Mitrice up when she was called. The restaurant dropped the ball by not accepting grandmas credit card over the phone. I believe Mitrice wandered into a rugged area and died of exposure.

LE could not legally hold her until her mother arrived. She was not a minor and she did NOT want to be there when her mother arrived. She and her Mom were arguing a lot recently and Mitrice wanted to be gone before she arrived.

The only way LE could have held her was to charge her with a crime, or send her for mental evaluation. But they thought she was acting strange due to drugs/alcohol. So when she calmed down, and was told there were no charges against her, she demanded to be allowed to leave.

That is a very safe area, and a block down the road there was a large grocery store and a McDonalds and jack in the Box, that were all open. She could have made calls and waited there for a ride if she wanted to.

I agree that she probably wandered off and died of exposure. I think she went into a manic phase and things went downhill.

I agree about the manic episode and wandering off. It's just a shame there were so many chances and she fell between the cracks.

Finding Mitrice: The 10 Year Anniversary Of The Day We Learned Her Fate - The Local Malibu

Didn’t see this posted..

Editor’s Note:” It was a long agonizing 11 months before family, friends and the Malibu community, ultimately learned the fate of Mitrice Richardson, who had gone missing after the Malibu/Lost Hills Station released her shortly after midnight on September 17th, 2009. Richardson had no car, cash, cell phone, or any other means to get her to safety.”

We recently moved to L.A and oddly ended up in the Malibu Canyons from PCH last weekend. Had no idea this is where Mitrice was found. I was in awe of the beauty and completely freaked out by the eeriness of the canyons. The winding roads, the drop offs & lack of traffic. I told my husband, “I could never live up here, Id never go anywhere.” To think of her walking around, knowing she was scared of the dark? Chills!
I started thinking what if she was drugged at the restaurant? Followed to the station or even knew to go there since I’m sure it was obvious to the restaurant patrons that she was being arrested and transported there. Was she followed after her release, by whomever spiked her drink? Accepted a ride, got away somehow, ran into the backyard of the witness, scared away by his noticing her, she’s still in flee mode Bc of the affects from the drug & her horrible encounter with her attacker? Of whom catches up with her, rapes her, kills her and leaves her body there, clothes unbuttoned and thrown to the side? Idk, outside of hypothermia, there is no other explanation for her clothes to be not only off of her body, but her bra was unhooked & jeans unzipped? MOO

I don’t think it’s ever been mentioned on this thread but were the patrons that she joined at the restaurant ever questioned? How long was she sitting with them? Did she strike up any conversations with a male there that could’ve caught her attention? MOO

ETA: Was it ever reported if they got DNA from her clothing?

I see a lot of people speculating that she took her clothes off herself as a symptom of hypothermia, but this isn't adding up to me. I'm no expert, but growing up in frigid temperatures, we learn about how to combat hypothermia, what causes it, what is happening to your body in a hypothermic state, etc, from a very early age. For hypothermia to set in enough to affect Mitrice's cognitive abilities, the temperature would have had to be much colder. She wasn't outside for that long, so severe hypothermia doesn't seem likely here IMO. Her clothes being off is super suspicious, even without all the other sketchy details about this case. I think it's pretty clear the police are involved or just simply don't care. Either way, Mitrice deserves justice and I am not hopeful it will come from an institution that was not made to protect her.

After reading the L.A. County report, I don't understand, if it took a helicopter to transport some of the investigators to Dark Canyon, how was Ms Richardson found in that ravine? If she fell, would she not have broken bones? The shoes, shirt and panties were never found. Just thinking out loud. MOO

Last edited:
Last edited:
“Her alleged attacker, Captain Martin, routinely drove an unmarked vehicle (as he explained in this interviewshortly after being promoted although he admitted to suppressing evidence), and followed the victim two nights in a row, as she left the group therapy session.”

Do we know of Captain Martins whereabouts when Mitrice was released?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back