CA - Nancy Magaña, 24, shot dead in truck with son and boyfriend, Delmann Heights Park, 18 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I find the entire scenario strange. they are on that street near the park at 2:00 am. after going to dinner. why wouldn't you just go home? You have a 5 year old kid with you. was he sleeping? Why was she driving the truck? who goes out to eat that late with a young kid? Here is where the car was located.View attachment 199235 I would look into the boyfriend OR the father of the child.
I don't understand why they would go to that area to park at 2 am either. Were they meeting up with someone?

I find the entire scenario strange. they are on that street near the park at 2:00 am. after going to dinner. why wouldn't you just go home? You have a 5 year old kid with you. was he sleeping? Why was she driving the truck? who goes out to eat that late with a young kid? Here is where the car was located.View attachment 199235 I would look into the boyfriend OR the father of the child.

I'm betting they're looking into the boyfriend and/or father.

But if it is neither, after some thought I think there could be multiple reasons for them going there.

One, maybe they both live with parents or whatever and wanted privacy. The child is thought to have been asleep.

Two, maybe the air conditioning was broken in the house and they wanted to stay out in the cool air. It gets super hot out there.

Three, maybe they were arguing and just pulled over to talk.

I don't think they went out that late to eat, although I just ate in LA at 11:30 p.m. and saw two families with little kids at the restaurant. But it is ambiguous. Either the cops responded at 2:00 a.m. or the shooting was reported at 2:00 a.m.

Here is her FB. Seems like she hasn't updated in a while.
Nancy Magana

Last edited:
I don't understand why they would go to that area to park at 2 am either. Were they meeting up with someone?

I don't think they went there at 2:00. That either when the cops responded or when the 911 call was made. They could've been sitting there for a while after a late dinner. A dangerous place to be after dark though.

I'm noticing from a bit of research that the gang activity has been pretty quiet, actually, since several sweeps in 2010 and 2012. Most of the bangers were put in prison.

But it still ranks the poorest city in CA. It's a mess of a place. Totally broken.

I think this is a good possibility given her teaching and coaching background. Those same backgrounds also reduce, but do not completely eliminate the odds of the victim having a hidden "double life".

The chance of this young woman having a hidden "double life" is zilch, IMO. No way. She was a serious athlete in high school and college. Which is hard to do when you're into drugs or crime or whatever. And please, I'm sure everyone has a story about drug-addled football players. In my experience, female high school and college athletes aren't into all that.

Then she managed to obtain a degree and teaching credential and get her first teaching job, by age 24, all while rising a child on her own as a single parent. That's a massively huge accomplishment that takes a serious and disciplined person to achieve. And she would have had to undergo a background check and drug tests to get her job. The chance of someone living a shady life without a criminal record or drugs in their system is low, IMO.

The only hidden thing I can conceive that she could have had was a stalker or violent ex or current mate. Sadly, even vibrant, accomplished women can be victims.

I’m not sure how likely a stalker would be in this scenario only because I think he would’ve had to have lured her to the park. That seems unlikely given the late hour.

Do we know if her boyfriend was injured?

The chance of this young woman having a hidden "double life" is zilch, IMO. No way.

Though I would say the odd of a double life are greatly reduced, I always avoid absolutes such as "always" or "never". There are just some people who don't follow the expected script.

I’m not sure how likely a stalker would be in this scenario only because I think he would’ve had to have lured her to the park. That seems unlikely given the late hour.

Do we know if her boyfriend was injured?

Stalkers can just follow their victims though and attack when they find them in the "right" place.

But I feel like they would notice at that hour if someone was consistently following them.

It could be a jealous ex bf of hers, or an ex gf of his. They might have been stalked or followed by an angry ex, that found the perfect time and place to attack?

Gah, I hadn’t thought of it being one of his exes. Especially with her driving. And gosh, who shoots into a vehicle with a child in it? I know it happens all the time but it’s still hard to grasp sometimes.

Seems weird that the boyfriend isn’t being discussed as a possible suspect. Isn’t it just as likely that they argued and he shot her himself, then said “SODDI” when he called to report it?

The chance of this young woman having a hidden "double life" is zilch, IMO. No way. She was a serious athlete in high school and college. Which is hard to do when you're into drugs or crime or whatever. And please, I'm sure everyone has a story about drug-addled football players. In my experience, female high school and college athletes aren't into all that.

Then she managed to obtain a degree and teaching credential and get her first teaching job, by age 24, all while rising a child on her own as a single parent. That's a massively huge accomplishment that takes a serious and disciplined person to achieve. And she would have had to undergo a background check and drug tests to get her job. The chance of someone living a shady life without a criminal record or drugs in their system is low, IMO.

The only hidden thing I can conceive that she could have had was a stalker or violent ex or current mate. Sadly, even vibrant, accomplished women can be victims.
You would be surprised how many people have a "double life" and nobody can't even imagine because they seem so "normal".... o_O

Yeah and some things make sense and some just don't.
Yes, humans are easily capable of making any of a large number decisions that don't make sense.

Of course, just because humans are capable of making such decisions does not mean that this particular human did.
[bubm]

lol :D
The irony of the point is well taken.:eek:

Last edited:
You would be surprised how many people have a "double life" and nobody can't even imagine because they seem so "normal".... o_O

No I wouldn't. I've seen it all. I'm sure you can imagine that given my line of work.

But I use logic. The subtext is she was there for drugs. This is simple. She just became a teacher. She had to pass background checks and drug tests.

She isn't a druggie and this isn't Netflix. She's not engaged in cooking up meth while scrambling to achieve her teaching credential, parenting her son and working at her new, taxing job as a middle school teacher.

I'm going to go with common sense at the moment. It hasn't failed me yet.

Yes, humans are easily capable of making any of a large number decisions that don't make sense.

Of course, just because humans are capable of making such decisions does not mean that this particular human did.

The irony of the point is well taken.:eek:

No. You're not following me. When people are into drugs or dealing as some are clearly insinuating, there are clear patterns that are present:

1. They tend to use drugs themselves and can't pass drug tests.
2. They tend to have criminal histories.
3. They aren't simultaneously achieving incredible things such as competing as an athlete all through high school and college, graduating high school, getting a bachelor's degree, undergoing rigorous student teaching, obtaining a teaching credential and doing it all while raising a child as a single parent and having to support him.

People make nonsensical decisions every day. So what? Common sense tell us this isn't a Breaking Bad situation. At least not with her.

Of course we know nothing about her boyfriend. There's a chance he was into somehing she didn't know about and he told her he would be right back - had to drop off money for a friend or whatever.

But this gal being involved? Logic precludes that IMO.

Of course we know nothing about her boyfriend. There's a chance he was into somehing she didn't know about and he told her he would be right back - had to drop off money for a friend or whatever.

But this gal being involved? Logic precludes that IMO.

RSBM

ITA. I'm leaning towards a scenario such as this. I just realized from @grayhuze's post that they weren't actually parked at the park. This opens the possibilities up, IMO. Either one of them could know any of the residents in the houses immediately surrounding where they were parked.

Also keeping another possibility in mind, the other male in her life; her son's father.

All just thoughts and MOO.

RSBM

ITA. I'm leaning towards a scenario such as this. I just realized from @grayhuze's post that they weren't actually parked at the park. This opens the possibilities up, IMO. Either one of them could know any of the residents in the houses immediately surrounding where they were parked.

Also keeping another possibility in mind, the other male in her life; her son's father.

All just thoughts and MOO.

Right. They were on cross streets, outside of the park. As to her child's father, I thought about that. I saw a cryptic post on some news article about the case somewhere. Something to the effect of what about the dad who she "kept the kid away from". It sort of jumped out at me.

I also thought about the possibility that there was no one else who came up and shot her. But I trust LE to figure it out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back