Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Call me crazy, but I totally see it. Dark hair white top, she had on white shorts while walking to boat. Not sure if she'd change or anything but I could see a form of a body crouching behind that rock. Or its me hoping.
It’s interesting how our eyes can see something we hope to see. It would be so great if she were on shore. However, isn’t each of those green “sprigs” a weed, which would make the figure like 6 inches tall?

It’s interesting how our eyes can see something we hope to see. It would be so great if she were on shore. However, isn’t each of those green “sprigs” a weed, which would make the figure like 6 inches tall?
Yup-- this is what I was thinking. The proportions didn't make sense, an it was LE video. If there was something there I feel like they would've seen it.

Jeremy Childs [URL='https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Childs']@Jeremy_Childs[/URL]

The screenshot is taken from this video from one of the diving boats searching for Naya Rivera in Lake Piru. The pink/orange part on the right is reflection from the screen. That is from the video by the Ventura County sheriffs office.

Jeremy Childs [URL='https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Childs']@Jeremy_Childs [/URL] 22m

Look at how murky the water in Lake Piru is. You can see a tree across the frame diagonally, but that's about it. The entire lake is filled with debris like this. Water that looks clear from above could have something you wouldn't see until it is right in front of your face.

Thinking of her little boy, it’s incredible that he stayed put on that boat. It’s almost like he just patiently waited for his mom to come back, then napped. Poor little guy.

Water searches are hard. I know of a teen boy who jumped off a overpass bridge with his brother & friend. They all came up but him. It took several days but a HRD dog did indicate on his remains. He was caught up in downed branches. It was a dangerous recovery for those divers.

IMO
A four year old Indiana boy was lost in a creek more than a year ago and his body has still not been found.

One Year After 4-Year-Old’s Disappearance, Remember Water Safety – WBIW

SBM
Jeremy Childs @Jeremy_Childs 22m

Look at how murky the water in Lake Piru is. You can see a tree across the frame diagonally, but that's about it. The entire lake is filled with debris like this. Water that looks clear from above could have something you wouldn't see until it is right in front of your face.

I am so glad they posted this footage so everyone can see for themselves how challenging this is for the divers, etc.

I think I need to stay off the Twitter threads. So many people shrieking about the "body" by the rock, the cabin, and the woods.

I am trying to be compassionate and understanding that people are upset and that it's Twitter. IMO seems like a lot of younger fans tweeting at them incessantly. I just wonder if it hampers their investigation at all being inundated with the same messages.

I think I read in a tweet from Jeremy Childs that they received over 200 phone calls at the sheriff's office after they stopped the search the first day when it was nighttime. People don't understand how searches work.

:confused:o_Oo_Oo_O <== me reading Twitter threads
That's why I am careful and only put posts by people who have the checkmark symbol or are verified reporters

Naya Rivera's Family Members Visit Site of Glee Star's Disappearance as Recovery Search Continues

"Naya's mother and brother have been at the lake every day since Naya disappeared. They have been in constant contact with the Sheriff's Office and involved in the search. On Saturday morning, they joined the search on a sheriff's boat," a source tells PEOPLE.
How would that be for them if they were witness to her body being recovered. I suppose some family would prefer to be involved and present. It's heartbreakingly sad in any case.

Hope they atleast go to the coordinates of that location and ease the minds of the Twitter folks along with the rest of us. Sooooo sad.

Last edited:
Lol, cat-tails maybe? Hope they atleast go to the coordinates of that location and ease the minds of the Twitter folks along with the rest of us. Sooooo sad.

That's strange. Wasn't it parked different when this first aired? I need to go back and watch the first survalince footage.
I don't think the vehicle moved. JMO

I think there was a bit of a shadow under her vehicle that made her parking job look more crooked than it actually was. The shadow cast to the left, making it look like part of the vehicle.

This is the CCTV video on 'pause' showing her walk away.

This is the overhead view linked upthread by @BeachSky

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-11_18-28-40.png
    upload_2020-7-11_18-28-40.png
    523.8 KB · Views: 65

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads