CA CA - Nevada City, AsianFem UP17160, 25-45, found in wooded area near State Hwy 20, "Ming Shi Jia Ren" jeans, Sept'06

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nevada County Sheriff's officials hope that a composite sketch will lead to the identity of partial skeletal remains found last year.

On Sunday, Sept. 3, 2006, remains of a body were discovered in a remote area of Nevada County, off of State Route 20, north of Nevada City. It is estimated the remains had been in the remote area for at least six months.

Officials believe the victim is a female of Asian descent and was about 30 years old at the time of death.

The recovered bones were scattered over a distance of several hundred feet, officials said.

http://www.auburnjournal.com/articles/2007/05/18/news/top_stories/06remains18.txt

And there is Cindy, again the age is a little off:

"On Halloween of 2001, Penn State University senior Cindy Song went to a party at Player’s Nite Club, a popular student hangout, with two girlfriends, Stacy Paik and Lisa Kim. Song dressed as a bunny rabbit for the occasion. The girls partied until 2:00 a.m. and later stopped by a friend’s apartment. About 4:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 1st 2001, Stacy Paik dropped off Cindy at her apartment and drove away. Nobody has seen Cindy Song since.
"
http://www.unsolved.com/0236-Song.html

The distance is pretty lengthy on both of those. This body was found off a fairly remote highway in California. Not that it couldn't happen....

A forensic artist has created a clay reconstruction using the skull of a woman hikers found last September in the forest north of Nevada City.

This is the latest step in determining the dead woman's identity with the help of Natalie Sweet, a Silicon Valley police officer and composite artist who also used the skull to create a sketch of the woman's face last month.

Investigators will distribute pictures of the sculpture to regional and nationwide law enforcement agencies, Nevada County Sheriff's Lt. Bill Evans said.

Investigators estimated the remains had been there for at least six months when they were found off Highway 20.

http://www.theunion.com/article/20070602/NEWS/106020171

Could it be Elizabeth Ann Campbell?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/113dftx.html

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: May 31, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 96 - 106 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Biracial (White/Asian) female. She is of Korean heritage. Brown straight hair; brown eyes. Campbell wears eyeglasses or contact lenses; her contacts were left at her family's residence on the day she vanished. She was a smoker at the time of her disappearance.
Marks, Scars: Her ears are double pierced. She has scars on her forehead; under her chin; and inside her right eyebrow. She has a small mole in the center of her back between her shoulder blades. Campbell has a small birthmark under her right buttock. She is right-handed.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a white t-shirt with a design on front, a faded yellow jacket, white tennis shoes and a 7-11 smock with a name tag on it. She was also carrying a maroon purse, and college books and papers.
Jewelry: She wore a diamond Whitnaur Romance watch and a 10-karat, small ring with three sapphires stones in the center and one diamond on each side.
Dentals: Missing: #14, #19, #30. Fillings: #2, #3, #15, #18, #20, #31
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Campbell was last seen by a pay phone outside the 7-11 on Hwy. 190 in Copperas Cove, Texas on April 25, 1988.
On April 25, 1988, Elizabeth went to class at the local junior college, Central Texas College, then to work at the 7-11 store on Rancier Avenue in Killeen, Texas by the East Gate of Fort Hood Army Base.
She left work and went to her ex-boyfriend's house to begin studying for the last final exams. Sometime during the group study, an argument had broken out by the ex-boyfriend, and sometime after 9:30pm to about 10pm, Elizabeth started to walk home. Elizabeth arrived a little after 11pm at the 7-11 in Copperas Cove, Texas off Hwy. 190. Elizabeth used the payphone outside the 7-11 to call her brother to come and pick her up.
Elizabeth's purse was later found and turned into the Crockett County Sheriff in Ozona, Texas off I-10 on April 29, 1992.
A sketch of a possible suspect is shown below.
ECampbell_purse.jpg
ECampbell_suspect.jpg

Left : Campbell's purse Right : Sketch of possible suspect

I doubt that Princess Blue is my sister, Elizabeth. One reason is the class ring is from a Houston high school, and Elizabeth didn't graduate from there but from Central Texas area (about 250 -300 Miles’ due North-West from Houston, Texas). Elizabeth, two other siblings, and I had graduated in the same high school. Elizabeth graduated in 1985 and not 1975. My family and I appreciate you trying to find the identity and thinking Princess Blue maybe Elizabeth. Unfortunately, Princess Blue’s identity will still be unknown. I hope one day Princess Blue’s identity will be known and returned to her family. A closure will finally be given to a family and Princess Blue will be put in a better resting place. Thank you for trying to find Elizabeth and Princess Blue’s name.

MoonBug said:
I doubt that Princess Blue is my sister, Elizabeth.

MoonBug, first, welcome to WS! I am sorry that it is under these circumstances.

I do not believe the above posts are comparing Elizabeth to Princess Blue (Princess Blue just happens to be in that particular posters signature), I think they are comparing Elizabeth to this unidentified at the following link http://www.theunion.com/article/20070602/NEWS/106020171

Yes? Please correct/forgive me if I am not understanding.

Could it be Elizabeth Ann Campbell?

Sable, wouldn't they have gotten a hit on the dentals, or no? It shows Elizabeth having dentals, HOWEVER, I dont' recall but if the link is from DOE it could be wrong. I have had more than a few say 'dentals' when in fact there was none.

From Article:
Detectives also compared the skull's dental chart with information in a Department of Justice missing persons database, and they could not find a match.

I wonder if Elizabeth's Dentals are in the DOJ DB?

Elizabeth's dental and a DNA from our mother for comparison are on filed in the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse in Austin, Texas. In Austin, Texas, the investigator in charged of Elizabeth’s case would have done an immediately comparison to see if Princess Blue is Elizabeth or not. Back in September 1990, my parents and the Copperas Cove, Texas (the city where she disappeared from), investigator handling my sister’s case did get a call from the investigator in Austin, Texas, saying it wasn’t Elizabeth.

Elizabeth's dental and a DNA from our mother for comparison are on filed in the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse in Austin, Texas. In Austin, Texas, the investigator in charged of Elizabeth’s case would have done an immediately comparison to see if Princess Blue is Elizabeth or not. Back in September 1990, my parents and the Copperas Cove, Texas (the city where she disappeared from), investigator handling my sister’s case did get a call from the investigator in Austin, Texas, saying it wasn’t Elizabeth.

MoonBug, Again, this thread is NOT comparing Elizabeth with Princess Blue, it is comparing Elizabeth with unidentified remains found, you can see the article here http://www.theunion.com/article/20070602/NEWS/106020171

Now, if Elizabeths Dentals are on file at the Dept of Justice then this comparison should have been already made, however, never hurts to be sure they were compared.

True. It never hurts to be sure they were compared. I'm going emailing the investigator in charge of the case to confirm if a comparison was done. I may post what he said upon here.

Here is a good, very basic, link for anthropology. It gives some facts on how to tell age at time of death, time of death, sex, and other things.

I understand that authorities stated that they believe the body had been out there for at least 6 months, but I would not consider that accurate. A skilled forensic team would be needed to give a more accurate TOD. For example, her skull still had hair and cervical vertebrae attached. That would put the TOD no more than about 4 months prior to discovery for a body left out in the open. By 4 months all bones are disarticulated(no longer connected), and all hair has fallen out and blown away. It is true that hair takes a long time to decompose, so a body in a container will still have hair(fallen out) in with it for a long time. But, left out in the open the hair would fall out and then blow away quickly.

Lion

The Doe Network:
Case File 212UFCA

212UFCA.jpg
212UFCA1.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim by Natalie Sweet

Unidentified Asian Female
  • The victim was discovered on September 3, 2006 in Nevada County, California
  • Estimated Date of Death: 6 - 12 months prior to discovery
  • The skull and other partial skeletal remains were scattered over several hundred feet

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 30-40 years old
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Long black or dark brown hair
  • Dentals: Available. No fillings.

Case History
The victim was located in a remote area of Nevada County, off of State Route 20, north of Nevada City, California on September 3, 2006.
There are no reports on file with the sheriff's office of anyone who has gone missing in the area where the remains were found.
Detectives compared the skull's dental chart with information in a Department of Justice missing persons database, and they could not find a match.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Nevada County Sheriff's Office
Investigative Unit
530-265-1263

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Source Information:
TheUnion.com 5/11/07
Auburn Journal 5/18/07
The Union

Doe Network

http://doenetwork.org/cases/212ufca.html

How about Namus MP #10090

Name: Noppajan Lo

She went missing on October 12th, 2004. I don't think that it's a 'smoking gun' kind of lead, but the face does match the composite sketch closely in my opinion. Accordingly, hair and race match and so does the age (low end of the range).

Lo is missing from California, but a different part. Also, she is missing with her son while our Doe was only found by herself. Furthermore, there's a focus on the Doe only been dead for a year, but those things aren't exact. Maybe time to open minds a little?

Lo.jpeg
Doe maybe Lo.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee