CA CA - Nevada City, AsianFem UP17160, 25-45, found in wooded area near State Hwy 20, "Ming Shi Jia Ren" jeans, Sept'06

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe Kayako Tomoikari? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
40 years old, black hair, missing from the Bay Area, and was last seen wearing a chain necklace like the UID was (Hers had a cross on it, but it could have fallen off/not been recovered). I'm assuming she's of Japanese descent based on her name, but again there's a lot of stores in SF that sell Chinese import clothing so that doesn't automatically mean she was Chinese.

Maybe the jeans are some kind of knockoff/off brand?

That looks like Bahasa (Indonesian language). Ming Jia Ren is still DEFINITELY Mandarin Chinese though, maybe a Pan-Asian brand that went out of business?

Maybe Kayako Tomoikari? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
40 years old, black hair, missing from the Bay Area, and was last seen wearing a chain necklace like the UID was (Hers had a cross on it, but it could have fallen off/not been recovered). I'm assuming she's of Japanese descent based on her name, but again there's a lot of stores in SF that sell Chinese import clothing so that doesn't automatically mean she was Chinese.

Maybe the jeans are some kind of knockoff/off brand?
I think you should submit her.

I'm sorry for asking, but how do I submit? By emailing the contact info on the Jane Doe's NamUs page?
If you’re not comfortable calling the LE handling either or both cases, that’s what I’d do. That is what I do. ;) Or I use this form which has proven quite simple and convenient for me: Potential Match Submission To Panel

Hope this helps!

If you’re not comfortable calling the LE handling either or both cases, that’s what I’d do. That is what I do. ;) Or I use this form which has proven quite simple and convenient for me: Potential Match Submission To Panel

Hope this helps!
Thank you, I'll submit it via the DoeNet form.
Unfortunately Kayoko has no dentals, fingerprints or DNA on file so it seems like comparing her would be difficult. DoeNet provides more details, it seems like her case was most likely a suicide so I'm now thinking it's less likely. I'll still submit it, though.

Thank you, I'll submit it via the DoeNet form.
Unfortunately Kayako has no dentals, fingerprints or DNA on file so it seems like comparing her would be difficult. DoeNet provides more details, it seems like her case was most likely a suicide so I'm now thinking it's less likely. I'll still submit it, though.
It can’t hurt!

I'm sorry for asking, but how do I submit? By emailing the contact info on the Jane Doe's NamUs page?
I also noticed that the car on her NamUs profile is not consistent with what was published in the MSM at the time: Menlo woman reported missing (February 05, 2003)

If you submit, you may want to let them know to double check the car model (supposedly a Toyota Corolla, found with suicide note, not a Toyota 4Runner…)

-GTF

DoeNet emailed me back and said that they're looking at the potential match. I submitted it before I saw your comment, GTF, but if I get the chance I'll add this.
Also curious about the spelling of her name, Kayoko vs. Kayako. The news article spells it Kayako but it's spelled Kayoko on both NamUs and DoeNet. Kayoko seems to be the more common name but that doesn't mean much.

Also, have either Noppajan Lo or Deling Sun been submitted?

That looks like Bahasa (Indonesian language). Ming Jia Ren is still DEFINITELY Mandarin Chinese though, maybe a Pan-Asian brand that went out of business?
There is a sizeable Chinese minority in Indonesia. Could be a Chinese Indonesian brand? My brother in law is of partial Indonesian Chinese descent, I can ask him to ask his family if they know the brand.

I think Noppajan Lo is a strong case. I currently am unable to call the US right now or I would submit. But I think this is a strong possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back