CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From Niner’s post above: “According to Dr. Kristen Lee, a psychiatrist at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Linton had been prescribed lithium & lorazepam after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder but admitted she had not taken medication for years.”

So irresponsible, especially because she was a nurse. I know she can’t be held responsible for not taking her medication, but the combo of that plus if she really hadn’t slept for days (probably because she was in a manic episode), is the equivalent to getting behind the wheel after 8 drinks.
I don't see why she can't be held responsible for not taking her medication. She could have just switched to a different medication that she could tolerate better. There are plenty of others.

Since this case began, there have been several cases with some of the elements.

The one that comes to mind mostly is Shirilla, who drove her car at 100 mph into a wall. Similar video to the one in this case. Most of the trial wasn't live-streamed, but the judge's comments at sentencing were withering. This was a bench trial.

Then, there's Sydney Powell who stabbed her mother, Brenda Powell, to death. Fascinating case this, including all the malingering behavior, hair a mess during trial, dumpy clothes....deliberately trying to look crazy. Her defense was that she had a) a psychotic episode, and b) momentary schizophrenia. The definitive expert against this hogwash (prosecution) testified that it's not possible to have a psychotic episode, and at the same time making executive decisions. Sydney's family (including Brenda's mother, who, yep sold her daughter up the river) wanted her not to be prosecuted on the grounds that Brenda (though dead) wouldn't have wanted it, and the family had "been through enough". Defense requested prosecution's therapy dog to be at Sydney's feet during the entire trial (um, no). Guilty, very quick verdict.
Also in Sydney's case, an unrealistic attachment to status that was not real. She kept going to university even though she'd flunked out.
IMO much of Linton's life will prove to be fantasy-based, including her dead "boyfriend".

And there's the new case of a woman crashing through a building and driving into a children's party and claiming she was having a seizure. IMO it was the kind of "seizure" when you're over the top drunk and a known lush. Chidester.

Powell and Chidester were both on bond.

IMO these 3 cases shed some light on how Linton's case might be handled.

Last edited:
I don't see why she can't be held responsible for not taking her medication. She could have just switched to a different medication that she could tolerate better. There are plenty of others.

Ah yes of course, in the sense that she absolutely can be held responsible for her actions that day regardless of what the cause or purported excuse was, and I hope she will be.

I was thinking of it more in the general sense that there are no specific legal charges like vehicular manslaughter while under the influence, or that you can’t arrest someone for not taking their meds (unless you put them in a psychiatric hold). But maybe there should be…Driving While Unmedicated!

Ah yes of course, in the sense that she absolutely can be held responsible for her actions that day regardless of what the cause or purported excuse was, and I hope she will be.

I was thinking of it more in the general sense that there are no specific legal charges like vehicular manslaughter while under the influence, or that you can’t arrest someone for not taking their meds (unless you put them in a psychiatric hold). But maybe there should be…Driving While Unmedicated!

I believe that the "Christmas Parade" killer tried something similar to that. It didn't go over well. https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/16/us/darrell-brooks-waukesha-sentencing/index.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back