GUILTY CA - Nina Reiser, 31, Oakland, 3 September 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.ktvu.com/news/16827127/detail.html

Speaking to the press for the first time since he led authorities to where he buried the body of his estranged wife Nina, convicted murderer Hans Reiser gave an exclusive interview with KTVU Channel 2 News Tuesday night in which he claimed everything he did was out of love for his children and to protect them from abuse at the hands of their mother.

Appearing tired and drawn at the Santa Rita Jail, Reiser spoke with KTVU reporter Amber Lee for some 15 minutes after outlining topics he would not discuss, specifically the events of the previous day when he led police and prosecutors to the site where he buried Nina's body and the events surrounding her death. (more at link)

KTVU EXCLUSIVE VIDEO-HIGHLIGHTS FROM JAILHOUSE INTERVIEW:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/16827127/detail.html#

http://www.ktvu.com/news/16827127/detail.html

Speaking to the press for the first time since he led authorities to where he buried the body of his estranged wife Nina, convicted murderer Hans Reiser gave an exclusive interview with KTVU Channel 2 News Tuesday night in which he claimed everything he did was out of love for his children and to protect them from abuse at the hands of their mother.

Appearing tired and drawn at the Santa Rita Jail, Reiser spoke with KTVU reporter Amber Lee for some 15 minutes after outlining topics he would not discuss, specifically the events of the previous day when he led police and prosecutors to the site where he buried Nina's body and the events surrounding her death. (more at link)

KTVU EXCLUSIVE VIDEO-HIGHLIGHTS FROM JAILHOUSE INTERVIEW:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/16827127/detail.html#

:furious: this guy is friggin unbelievable. It's STILL all about him. And he has the audacity to justify his murdering her- trashing her reptuation yet again. I hope the judge slams him and slams him good. :behindbar

His parents must be so proud.

I disagree about the judge slamming him, would you rather he continue to proclaim his innocence?? and take up more of the government's money on years of appeals??

I don't have a problem with him getting a reduced sentence for admitting guilt and allowing his wife a decent burial.

I would happily let Scott Peterson off of death row if he would admit his guilt and tell the truth about how he killed his pregnant wife. Better to put these foolish ideas some have about these guys being wrongly convicted, in my opinion.

His parents must be so proud.

I disagree about the judge slamming him, would you rather he continue to proclaim his innocence?? and take up more of the government's money on years of appeals??

I don't have a problem with him getting a reduced sentence for admitting guilt and allowing his wife a decent burial.

I would happily let Scott Peterson off of death row if he would admit his guilt and tell the truth about how he killed his pregnant wife. Better to put these foolish ideas some have about these guys being wrongly convicted, in my opinion.

He is completely unrepenetant (sp). The only reason that he is singing now and led to where she was was to save his own skin - not out of any remorse or to give her family closure. I understand your point of view - but this guy couldn't let it be after agreeing to the deal - no - he has to get on TV and muddy her reputation yet again. And by slamming him - I mean I hope the judge gives him a good "tongue lashing" if you will - I'm sure he's itching to anyway - he made it pretty clear during the course of the trial how he felt about Reiser. I'm sure he'll hold to the terms of the deal - but I really hope he gives him a speech Reiser will remember for a long time in his years in prison.

"Handcuffed to his attorney, Reiser led authorities Monday to Nina's remains, buried in a 4-foot-deep hole a half-mile from Reiser's mother's home in the 6900 block of Exeter Drive. Reiser told authorities that he hopes a cherry tree can be planted to mark the grave site, which was down a steep hillside in the 8200 block of Skyline Boulevard off a hiking trail in Redwood Regional Park."

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_9822787

Isn't he a sweetheart? How nice that he wants to memorialize the place where he placed the mother of his children 4 feet underground!! What an unmitigated *advertiser censored**!

True that!

He is completely unrepenetant (sp). The only reason that he is singing now and led to where she was was to save his own skin - not out of any remorse or to give her family closure. I understand your point of view - but this guy couldn't let it be after agreeing to the deal - no - he has to get on TV and muddy her reputation yet again. And by slamming him - I mean I hope the judge gives him a good "tongue lashing" if you will - I'm sure he's itching to anyway - he made it pretty clear during the course of the trial how he felt about Reiser. I'm sure he'll hold to the terms of the deal - but I really hope he gives him a speech Reiser will remember for a long time in his years in prison.

In that case I totally agree. I love it when judges really go off on these criminals and give them a lecture about their lies. In fact, it seems like too few judges speak their mind at sentencing.

These guys are all the same, though you know? Reiser, Mark Jensen, I'm sure in Scotts' mind it was all Laci's fault for failing him...Drew Peterson...same pattern. Once the wife disappoints them for whatever reason, everything is 'her' fault....

In that case I totally agree. I love it when judges really go off on these criminals and give them a lecture about their lies. In fact, it seems like too few judges speak their mind at sentencing.

These guys are all the same, though you know? Reiser, Mark Jensen, I'm sure in Scotts' mind it was all Laci's fault for failing him...Drew Peterson...same pattern. Once the wife disappoints them for whatever reason, everything is 'her' fault....

I wrote the same thing on DP's thread when I just read about this guy. What kills me is after watching PrimeTime tonight, I read through this whole thread beginning with when he was arrested to today. Reading posters who are determined to not use common sense and instead use the ol "he was framed" and "they didn't even look at anyone else" excuses really just makes me sooo angry. All of the red herrings they throw into these cases like the S&M stuff, and the crap they said about her. Are they not seeing and reading the same thing as we are? This guy was REALLY weird and arrogant! That's one of the reasons why they think they can get away with this sort of stuff.

I wrote the same thing on DP's thread when I just read about this guy. What kills me is after watching PrimeTime tonight, I read through this whole thread beginning with when he was arrested to today. Reading posters who are determined to not use common sense and instead use the ol "he was framed" and "they didn't even look at anyone else" excuses really just makes me sooo angry. All of the red herrings they throw into these cases like the S&M stuff, and the crap they said about her. Are they not seeing and reading the same thing as we are? This guy was REALLY weird and arrogant! That's one of the reasons why they think they can get away with this sort of stuff.

The white elephants in this case, (and I can't believe his arrogance thinking he was fooling us with this crap) are: the murder books found in his car and her blood on the sleeping bag, the car seat he removed, and his son heard/saw him carrying out a heavy big bag the night of the murder!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Am I reading this right, that the lawyer is saying that it was "mistake" for the guilty man to admit his guilt and allow his wife a decent burial because that means he' won't be able to "undo" this and possibly be freed, even though he is guilty, that what he should have done is continue to proclaim his innocence and leave his wife's remains burried in an marked grave because that increases his chance of getting releaseed in the future, even though he is 100% guilty????????????????????????????????????????????????

OMG what has happened to this country.

Yep, you read it right, in the attorney's mind's her mother, her children her family, no one should have peace of mind and be able to give her a proper burial. The murderer should profess his innocence until his dying day. Hence why I hate defense attorneys.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/16827127/d...l=fran_4pm&ts=T&tmi=fran_4pm_1_06000407092008

HA! Reiser outsmarted himself huh? I'm sure he figured he was way smarter than the system and would walk away a free man - karma baby, karma!

That was a good article. Thanks for posting it cins.
I am disgusted though that they were originally only going to give him 3 years anyway. 3 years for a deliberate murder! No way is that right.
He is still not one bit sorry. The only reason he is saying some of the stuff he is saying is to look good for sentencing. He is a cold blooded killer and should stay behind bars for the rest of his life. Pure evil!!!

A day of legal wrangling Monday delayed the sentencing of Oakland computer programmer Hans Reiser, who was convicted in April of murdering his estranged wife.

During the three-hour hearing, most of which took place behind closed doors, Reiser said he wanted to dismiss his lawyer, a maneuver he has attempted before during the case.

Reiser's defense attorney William DuBois says his client later decided not to change lawyers.

http://cbs13.com/local/hans.reiser.sentencing.2.803023.html

Sentencing is now set for Friday morning.

A day of legal wrangling Monday delayed the sentencing of Oakland computer programmer Hans Reiser, who was convicted in April of murdering his estranged wife.

During the three-hour hearing, most of which took place behind closed doors, Reiser said he wanted to dismiss his lawyer, a maneuver he has attempted before during the case.

Reiser's defense attorney William DuBois says his client later decided not to change lawyers.

http://cbs13.com/local/hans.reiser.sentencing.2.803023.html

Sentencing is now set for Friday morning.

What a piece of work he is!:banghead::banghead::banghead: Reminds me of Susan Polk. Wonder how long he thinks he can delay his sentencing???

What a piece of work he is!:banghead::banghead::banghead: Reminds me of Susan Polk. Wonder how long he thinks he can delay his sentencing???

Nina Reiser was an innocent victim, whereas Dr. Polk was not.....He reaped the karma of sexually victimizing an underage patient who later became a crazy wife.

Nina Reiser was an innocent victim, whereas Dr. Polk was not.....He reaped the karma of sexually victimizing an underage patient who later became a crazy wife.

My comparison was of Hans to Susan Polk, not Nina to Susan. Susan also kept firing her lawyers as a stall tactic, as if that would bring about finding her not guilty and gaining her freedom. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't think he can change who he is or his personality, from reading of his behaviour during the trial especialy when he testified I think he will butt heads in jail with being told what to do, so any possible release date will be very far into the future if ever,

bet he wishes he had taken the original deal now,

48 Hours just did a segment on this case. Apparently (which I wasn't able to find out over the internet months ago) the D.A agreed to Hans's deal, in exchange for giving up her body and confessing how he killed her- choking- his conviction was decreased to 2nd degree murder and he got 15 years.

15 years to life...

I watched this last night. I kept screaming at his stupid attorney, "Nina's alive?!? BUT HE LED THEM TO THE BODY!!!" Stupid attorney... LOL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back