GUILTY CA - Nina Reiser, 31, Oakland, 3 September 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just watched this 48 hours special called Betrayal on the Reiser case. Click on full show to the left. It was very interesting and showed how many aspects can be introduced to deflect from the perp when it is needed. In the end he was convicted. Great jury that didn't get swayed by BS. The attorney did all the normal things we would expect to free his client. Blah, blah! Just watch it when you have time as it was pretty good.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/48hours/main3410.shtml

I just watched this 48 hours special called Betrayal on the Reiser case. Click on full show to the left. It was very interesting and showed how many aspects can be introduced to deflect from the perp when it is needed. In the end he was convicted. Great jury that didn't get swayed by BS. The attorney did all the normal things we would expect to free his client. Blah, blah! Just watch it when you have time as it was pretty good.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/48hours/main3410.shtml

I watched the show and it was well done. I was left wondering why the ex boyfriend who confessed to 8 1/2 murders hadn't been looked at more closely. I may have not paid close enough attention to understand that part?

~snip~

"There's been some overtures," he said. "But everything is in its preliminary stage."

Another source familiar with the proposal, speaking on condition of anonymity because no deal has been struck, said Reiser, the prosecution and Alameda County Superior Court Judge Larry Goodman would have to sign off on the proposed deal. Under the plan, Reiser's cooperation could reduce his April conviction from first-degree murder to second degree. A second-degree conviction in California carries a mandatory 15-to-life sentence.

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/06/hans-reiser-off.html

The judge was none to happy with Reiser when he testified. Interesting!

Well, this is an interesting development. I followed this case from the very beginning since it occurred virtually in my backyard. I didn't realize until this article that he had been offered a deal before the trial even started. He should have taken it but I guess he thought he was smarter than everyone. In fact, he is crazier than a loon which is part of what has made this so interesting to me.

This caveat; "The deal, as it stands in its early stages, would be off if an autopsy of the body somehow demonstrated that it was first-degree, premeditated murder with, for example, "two bullet holes to the back of the head."
I wonder if any of his murder books mentioned that?

She has finally been found. May she now Rest in Peace.

Convicted Husband Leads Calif. Police to a Body

Software programmer convicted of murdering estranged wife leads police to a body

By MICHELLE LOCKE Associated Press Writer
OAKLAND, Calif. July 7, 2008 (AP)
The Associated Press

A California software programmer convicted of killing his estranged wife has led police to a corpse that is believed to be hers.
An attorney for Hans Reiser says his client led police to a wooded area of Redwood Regional Park in the Oakland hills.
Attorney Richard Tamor says the body is that of Reiser's estranged wife, Nina Reiser.

RIP Nina. As for her husband....burn in hell. What an awful man.

I couldn't get the link to work but this is a good one:

Hans Reiser, the Linux programmer convicted in April of killing his wife, Nina Reiser, has led authorities to her body in the Oakland hills, one of his attorneys has confirmed.

The Oakland Police Department also confirms a body was found Monday, but the remains "have not yet been positively identified," spokesman Roland Holmgren said.

Threat Level reported last month that Reiser was attempting to negotiate a deal for a 15-to-life sentence instead of 25-to-life if he produced his wife's body. Monday, a woman's body was found outside a park in the Oakland hills, about a half mile from where Nina was last seen in 2006 at Reiser's house in the Oakland hills in California.

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/07/hans-reiser-bri.html

Why did he put the jury through a 6 month trial and now decide to negotiate a sentencing deal by bringing the police to his wife's body?

RIP Nina.

I don't understand why she wasn't found sooner if she was less than a mile from where she went missing?! Where were the searchers searching for her? The K-9s? How did they miss this?

It makes me question every other search now they deem to be "complete".

The ravine where the body was recovered was less than a mile from the house where Hans Reiser lived with his mother. The house is where Nina Reiser, 31, was last seen alive on Sept. 3, 2006, when she dropped off the couple's two children for a visit with their father.

http://tulsa.cox.net/cci/newsnation...=article&id=D91PEANO0&_action=validatearticle

RIP Nina.

I don't understand why she wasn't found sooner if she was less than a mile from where she went missing?! Where were the searchers searching for her? The K-9s? How did they miss this?

It makes me question every other search now they deem to be "complete".

The ravine where the body was recovered was less than a mile from the house where Hans Reiser lived with his mother. The house is where Nina Reiser, 31, was last seen alive on Sept. 3, 2006, when she dropped off the couple's two children for a visit with their father.

http://tulsa.cox.net/cci/newsnation...=article&id=D91PEANO0&_action=validatearticle

Same reason probably that nobody found Chandra Levy even though Rock Creek Park was searched numerous times...or Natalee Holloway....its hard to find a body when you don't know exactly where to look and easy to overlook it if the criminal did a fairly good job of burrial.

I wonder how Hans supporters are feeling today?

I couldn't get the link to work but this is a good one:

Hans Reiser, the Linux programmer convicted in April of killing his wife, Nina Reiser, has led authorities to her body in the Oakland hills, one of his attorneys has confirmed.

The Oakland Police Department also confirms a body was found Monday, but the remains "have not yet been positively identified," spokesman Roland Holmgren said.

Threat Level reported last month that Reiser was attempting to negotiate a deal for a 15-to-life sentence instead of 25-to-life if he produced his wife's body. Monday, a woman's body was found outside a park in the Oakland hills, about a half mile from where Nina was last seen in 2006 at Reiser's house in the Oakland hills in California.

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/07/hans-reiser-bri.html

Investigators worked into the night to recover a body believed to be a prominent software programmer's estranged wife as authorities kept quiet about what may have prompted her convicted husband's sudden about-face.
Hans Reiser, 44, was due in court Wednesday to face sentencing after being found guilty in April of murdering his missing wife Nina Reiser even though her body was never found. Reiser has always asserted his innocence.
But on Monday, Reiser led authorities into a steep ravine in the Oakland hills to a grave his attorney said is believed to contain Nina Reiser's remains.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,377665,00.html

Tamor declined to comment on speculation that the defense hoped to negotiate a reduced sentence in return for revealing the location. Reiser now faces a sentence of 25 years to life in prison (nipped from the link above)

Disgusting that they'd even try for a reduced sentence. I hope the sentencing judge throws the book at him and gives him the maximum.:furious:

Just curious if anyone remembers Sandra Belanger's thoughts on this case. I thought she stated on her website Nina would be found under the house. Could be wrong - maybe she said close to the house. Just went to her site and if you click on Nina Reiser - it isn't available anymore.

He wants to get a reduced sentence in return for giving her family closure. No other reason. His lawyers must have told him the chances of getting a new trial were nil.

I'm wondering if they wanted to pursue it - could they now charge him with perjury? Maybe add on a few more years to that hopefully lifetime sentence...it's really a shame they can't make HIM pay for six months of a waste of trial time and money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13
Back