GUILTY CA - Nina Reiser, 31, Oakland, 3 September 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The DA did a MUCH better job in closing. The Defense just missed the mark.

Hopefully, the jury will not be hung.......not literally of course.

Imho, they have the wrong man. Nina is either in Russia with her kids (doubtful) or the S&M ex-lover—who is significantly missing from the scene radar, btw—murdered her. That he has confessed to killing 8 (possibly 9) people should raise all sorts of red flags.

A former lover of the missing wife of Linux programmer and accused spouse killer Hans Reiser has confessed to killing eight people unrelated to the case, prosecutors informed the defense last week.

And, btw, why isn't this man in police custody for these alleged murders???

In any event, afaics, either prospect presents a far more viable possibility than Reiser as wife killer. He simply does not fit the profile. Not just bc he's a geek but bc his actions are quite normal within the realm of genius geek-types.

Furthermore, they did not find any incriminating evidence on his computer, nor did they find any conclusive DNA, or other evidence that he, in fact murdered her. And finally, there is the issue of logistics. Kinda tough to murder your wife, dump her body, and stage a crime scene, all the while caring for two small children. Oh, and lest we forget. Manage to leave, like, zero evidence, that you killed her.

In all, and afaics, their case is solely based upon speculation in response to his eccentric behavior. And, considering the judge has, at this late date, ruled that the jurors can consider a lesser charge of voluntary manslaughter? Yeah, that tells me that he doesn't think the jury will convict on the other charges, either. And it def tells me that he doesn't think the guy is guilty of cold-blooded murder.

Gee Scott Peterson "conduct" was suspect also. You know the "innocent conduct" of dying of his hair, the money, passport, camping gear, no evidence that he killed Lacy, all circumstantial. He was convicted.

Reiser does not care for children. He sees them as mere objects and possessions. If he did care about the kids, he would not have put them through the "horrors" of a custody battle. He would have been concerned that the mother of his children "was missing".

Reiser is a control freak. He wants everything, including the trial to be on his terms. Funny that all of "Reisers" problems including the Divorce and custody battle and his lack of paying child support ended with "Nina" going missing.

No trial for contempt for not paying child support, no dealings with the court system, no custody hearings, no support payments for his wife. His life is much better without her in the picture.

Funny how the last person to see Nina was the "ex husband who wanted to control her, the kids, the courts, the lawyers, etc.

How she was afraid of him. How he thought that "his Mother" would get custody of the kids.

He even thought his son did not need an ear operation. That Nina was "mentally" ill, that she was making up the story of her son needing an operation which Hans "wanted to stop".

Funny how he lost more access to the children as time went by.

Hans had plenty of time to "bury" Nina because in the days after her "going" missing he was quite the person who traveled.

You see, everything was in favor of Nina. Hans could not manipulate the justice system or courts. His wife was moving on without him, starting a career, planning for her future.

She visits the husband to drop off the kids and "suddenly" goes missing.

Gee how many women "go missing" from abusive ex husbands, who "ran off with another man, or who abandoned the kids, or just left etc.

No evidence of course to support the "story" except that the common theme is that the "wife and husband were in the middle of a nasty custody battle" or the wife wanted a divorce.

Hans deserves to "go down" for this crime.

Never did find the seat to the car...........

Hans thought that he could outsmart the Police, but in the end, he could not.

Now if anyone has any proof that Nina is alive, Nina defrauded the company and stole money, that Nina was a bad mom, that Nina would "abandon" her kids so they "end up with a man who could not obtain custody while she was alive, that she is working somewhere else, please share.

A women does not nor could not "disappear" without her passport, she could not obtain employment as a trained doctor without her medical degree. I mean the day she "went to visit" Hans, she "went missing off the face of the earth". Her car was found a short distance away from Reisers Mom's house.

In my opinion, the "geek" defense is just a ploy. Reiser is smart, no doubt about that, but he thought that "he would outsmart" the cops and justice system. But he is not that smart............

He just felt that his wife was "beneath" him, how she got the upper hand in the justice system, with the kids.

That pissed him off to no end. Funny how even with Nina "missing", he still did not "supervise" the kids, nor obtain custody of the kids.

You see winning at all costs is the "Hans" method, when he could not "win" against Nina, he ensured that he would not have to "battle" so he could never, ever lose again and get what he wanted without her to oppose him.

Smart people do dumb things. Looks and a person's character can be deceitful, not true to their "true" nature. Scott Peterson was the "golden" child, all American boy and look what he did to his wife and son.

Hans hated Nina. Nina goes missing. Hans goes to Prison where I guess he can "be a geek" in prison, I am sure that will go over well with the other convicts.

Some men just think that instead of a Divorce and custody battle, that killing the "source" of those battles is the easiest thing for them.

How many times have we heard this again and again, year after year.

I guess the police look at the motive when a wife and mother goes missing, who benefits and why. The only suspect who fits this is Hans.

If Hans cared so much for his kids I wonder why he refused to pay child support to Nina for the care of those kids.

Hans wanted a maid, a free employee, a housekeeper, a cook and a person to raise kids. He wanted a Stepford wife. When Nina refused to play his "part" he lost control of her. He regained control by killing her. All of his problems were solved.

Wow- the overwhelming number of readers voted he will be found not guilty - that's really surprising- and alarming. Let's hope they are all wrong.

Jury still deliberating, I think it may take some time, Hans was on the stand for up to 10 days, so they have lots of his testimony to think about, never mind the other evidence,

I am still unsure how I would vote based on the trial, but on an emotional basis I can't see Nina choosing to never ever see her children again, I think she would have surfaced by now, I don't think she would stay away just to punish Hans by getting him convicted for murder by staying in hiding, she had custody, she would always retain custody, so she really has nothing to gain by staying hidden, so I tend to think it is highly likely she is dead - but the states case wasn't that strong, I don't know if they proved that there is no reasonable doubt,

glad I am not on the jury,

I have read quite a few comments/blogs that say the jury have noticed the Judge may not like Hans that much, and that the jury appear to not be that kindly disposed towards him,

I do agree with Cardoza that it will not be first degree if they do convict,

I would convict him on 1st degree along based on the missing car seat and the books he had researched on murder. It's too coincidental, plus the son saw him carrying out a body bag, and a woman who plans to disappear doesn't go grocery shopping right before- what a waste of food! And it would be cruel to her kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back