MD MD - Upper Marlboro, WhtMale 15-20, UP4833, initials 'ELT' on jacket, Dec'73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks a lot like the guy I posted:

Possibly, but the face shape is wrong. ELT's face is almost heart-shaped while Anthony's is very long and thin, and the height discrepancy is hard to explain.

I found an interesting article about Anthony's disappearance that might point either way.
WARNING: iNSENSITIVE LANGUAGE

Bumping this 50 year old case thread up.

The remote location where the body was found is still rather remote and wooded. Although there has been much residential development over the years, this place is still just a wooded and brushy area around a highway (Route 4) on/off ramp.

It is near the northwest corner of the town of Upper Marlboro, Maryland.

Possibly, but the face shape is wrong. ELT's face is almost heart-shaped while Anthony's is very long and thin, and the height discrepancy is hard to explain.

I found an interesting article about Anthony's disappearance that might point either way.

Very possible. He had lung problems and was special needs. However the time between his disappearance and JD was found is 3 months, a bit long.

Throwing this out there. Maybe he was an exercise rider or jockey at the racetrack in Upper Marlboro. It was his size that lead me in that direction. A lot of jockeys come up from central/South America with hopes of being a big time US jockey. Drugs run wild at the track and it's not uncommon to use them to make weight.

Throwing this out there. Maybe he was an exercise rider or jockey at the racetrack in Upper Marlboro. It was his size that lead me in that direction. A lot of jockeys come up from central/South America with hopes of being a big time US jockey. Drugs run wild at the track and it's not uncommon to use them to make weight.

A good theory. The Upper Marlboro race track (today known as The Equestrian Center) is located just one exit south of where he was found off Route 4. Distance about a mile.

A jockey from a foreign team would very likely be missed and searched.

Some past posts to this thread suggested a theory that he might have run away from the Boys Village at Cheltenham, Maryland.

It was and is a detention center for under aged boys who were charged with or convicted of serious crimes, as well as a holding place for run away youths awaiting return to relatives or other legal guardians.

A recent civil court case is pending which seeks compensation for a long series of abuse incidents associated with that institution.

This boy's body was found only a few miles east of Boys Village.

I was not alive in the 1970s but I am very familiar with horse racing.

A jockey and/or exercise rider (many are both) suddenly going missing would probably be missed no matter what, as they are at least employees. Unless the jock stated they were outright moving on X date, people would question if he or she was suddenly gone.

Exercise riders are allowed to be on the bigger side (think more weight for exercising), but those that are, usually cannot be jockeys. There are a few rare exceptions to the size requirement. For example, a present-day jockey named DeShawn Parker is 5'11".

Drugs are unfortunately common because of the need to "make weight," but it's typically cocaine rather than IV drugs like heroin. Not that it is impossible for a jockey to "graduate" to heroin on their own.

MOO.

Also, a jockey or in fact any avid horserider would show a characteristic "riders facet" in their hipbones.

I doubt he was a rider. Someone addicted probably with mental illness who sadly fell of the radar of family, friends and institutions. Which sadly is common with many addicts, they come and go and all their acquaintances are part of the drug scene, too. If someone disappears, it is assumed they either odd or went to jail or rehab or another city.

Id love to know what else he wrote on his pants. Reminds me of the Monique Doe case.

I hope he can get his name back

Shown in the photo below is the current single point of entry to the Cheltenham (Maryland) Youth Facility. Back in 1973, it was known as the "Boys Village at Cheltenham" and there were no high fences or gates associated with the grounds.

1906 Postcard-Tolchester Beach, Maryland w/RPO Postmark | eBay | Beach ...

The map below illustrates the approximate locations mentioned in many of the previous posts to this thread.

Cheltenham Boys Village is just southwest of the letter "A". The town of Upper Marlboro is at letter "B". The place where this unidentified boy was found was just off the intersection of Route 4, and a road called "Old Crain Highway" located just west of the letter "B" on the map. The Equestrian Center (old Marlboro Race Track) is located just south of the "B" and Route 4.

1723647962218.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joy1218
Back