GUILTY CA - Nina Reiser, 31, Oakland, 3 September 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Taxi Mom: The article that you link to is from November 7, 2007. Right now they are showing a movie of "Nina at her son's birthday party when she was six. The children's doctor testified, the BF

The Jury was looking at the movie and smiling. Rory really enjoyed his party. The Children's Doctor testified at Nina holding and comforting the children at the Doctors. Hans Reiser threatened to take the Doctor to Court if she did not stop being the Children's Doctor. Hans claimed "Nina" "friend" was molesting the children. They read testimony from HR Mom, that Nina would leave the children. Then in court testimony in defense of her son, she says: Nina must have run off to Russia. Changed her story when son on trial for murder. BF left many messages for Nina, friends left messages. BF had date on September 3, with Nina. She was starting a job in two weeks and had scheduled the first of three exams to become a US Doctor.

The prosecution: Nina was a Mom who would never leave her kids, her friends.

Defense: Nina was of questionable character who "was enjoying" dating various men, was a terrible Mom, used Hans, money grubbing and left for Russia and could not care less about the kids.

I hope the jury does not buy that. Hans seemed to do whatever it takes to "make things" very difficult for Nina and resented the fact that she wanted a Divorce from him. He subscribes to the "everything is Nina's fault, not mine. I am not to blame.

Can't get the article from the Mercury News though. They don't accept my postal code, keeps asking for zip code.
Use ZIP 95113 for San Jose

Thank you Buzzm1, I really do appreciate you providing the "zip code".

I am really rather annoyed that Hans Reiser is reaching for straws with no evidence at all, and "making Nina out to the the bad person" when she cannot even defend herself. Hans Reiser makes me rather annoyed.

Hans Reiser's car missing a front seat, police testify

The front passenger seat of computer programmer Hans Reiser's car was missing when Oakland police seized it more than two weeks after his estranged wife disappeared, officers who secretly tracked him testified today.

The prosecution believes Reiser killed his wife during an acrimonious divorce and used his Honda CRX to move her body, which hasn't been found since she disappeared on Sept. 3, 2006 after dropping off her children at his home in the Oakland hills. The defense has countered that Reiser removed the seat to make the car more comfortable to sleep in. Officer Larry Robertson testified that he was surveilling Reiser on Sept. 18, 2006 when he parked the Honda on Monterey Boulevard off Highway 13 in Oakland and walked away from it. The vehicle didn't have its front passenger seat, and it was later towed, Officer Jim Saleda said.

Reiser, 44, has pleaded not guilty to charges that he murdered his wife, who disappeared after she dropped off her children at his home. The defense has suggested that Nina Reiser is setting up her husband and could be hiding in her native Russia. After Reiser parked the Honda, he quickly jogged and walked briskly up Shepherd Canyon Road in the hills before police lost sight of him, Saleda testified today.

When Reiser was arrested in October 2006 at the Oakland home of his mother's friend, police found a laptop computer in the kitchen. On the screen was a missive in which someone - prosecutors believe it was Reiser - railed against divorce attorneys and the family court system, Officer Bruce Christensen, a crime-scene technician, testified today.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/16/BAFTUGKC4.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea

POSTED: 11:44 am PDT March 20, 2008
UPDATED: 3:34 pm PDT March 20, 2008
Reiser has testified that he threw away the passenger seat of his car to make it more comfortable to sleep in. He said he started sleeping in the car, rather than in his mother's house where he had been living, in hopes of strengthening her chances of being allowed to have the children, who had been taken into protective custody.

On Thursday, Hora turned to Reiser's search for a storage locker in September 2006 and especially why he looked at facilities in Manteca, about 60 miles east of Oakland. Reiser said he wanted a place to hide his car so police would not seize it. He said he also wanted to store his possessions from his mother's house and planned on sleeping in the locker. more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/15655110/detail.html

He sure is not endearing himself to the jury with the way he is testifying,

thats why the pros has kept him on the stand for so long,

Reiser Murder Trial Inches Toward Finish Line

Reiser Murder Trial: Coverage Archive

The marathon trial of computer engineer Hans Reiser on charges that he murdered his estranged wife Nina inched toward the finish line Thursday with the police officer who led the search for Nina testifying that Hans was uncooperative.

Alameda County Superior Court Judge Larry Goodman, who is presiding over Reiser's trial, which began on Nov. 6, told jurors at the end of the day Thursday he hopes testimony will conclude on Monday, when the trial resumes.

If that's the case, closing arguments, which are expected to last many days, will begin on Tuesday.

Former Oakland missing persons investigator Ryan Gill, who's now a San Leandro patrol officer, said Thursday that he made seven phone calls to Reiser, 44, his attorneys and his mother between Sept. 7 and 22, 2006, concerning the disappearance of Nina Reiser on Sept. 3, 2006, but Reiser never called him back. Gill said Reiser "was uncooperative" because "he wasn't cooperating with my missing person investigation and was not responding to my calls and was not providing information." Gill said that he eventually sent a letter by registered mail to Reiser's criminal defense lawyer, William DuBois, on Sept. 27, 2006, asking to set up a meeting with Reiser. But Gill said Reiser never met with police.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080403/ap_on_go_co/congress_defense_investments

Reiser says his son must have dreamed strange vision

(04-07) 14:29 PDT OAKLAND -- Hans Reiser testified today that his young son was only dreaming when he saw him carrying a bag down the stairs of his Oakland hills home that the boy said could have been his mother's body.

In his 10th day on the stand in his murder trial in Alameda County Superior Court, Reiser said his son, then 6, must have dreamed the incident because the boy told authorities that he had been "shaking with fear" after seeing his father carrying something down the stairs about the time Reiser's estranged wife, Nina, disappeared.

"(My son) would never be afraid of me carrying anything down the stairs," Reiser, 44, said under questioning by defense attorney William Du Bois. He said his son "loves me and he trusts me completely," and that at least before he lost custody of the boy and younger sister, "there's no way ... that he's afraid of me."

Jurors in the five-month-long trial have been shown a picture the boy drew showing his father carrying something in a ball. "Here is Nina," the boy wrote.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/04/07/BA3P10179H.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea

Joe ~ I just wanted to say thanks for the updates to this trial. It is appreciated!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back