GUILTY CA - Noe Medina, 7 mos, thrown from 4th floor of parking structure, Aug 2011 *mom arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So now I'm researching a bit more about PPP. Here's what I found:

While it is the most extreme form of postpartum mood disorders, postpartum psychosis is also one of the rarest. Usually described as a period when a woman loses touch with reality, the disorder occurs in women who have recently given birth. It affects between one and two women per 1,000 women who have given birth.
Unfortunately, though many women with the disorder realize something is wrong with them, fewer than 20% actually speak to their healthcare provider. Sadder still is the fact that often postpartum psychosis is misdiagnosed or thought to be postpartum depression, thereby preventing a woman from receiving the appropriate medical attention that she needs.

Women who do receive proper treatment often respond well but usually experience postpartum depression before completely recovering. However, without treatment, the psychosis can lead to tragic consequences. Postpartum psychosis has a 5% suicide rate and a 4% infanticide rate.

Postpartum Psychosis Signs
Although the onset of symptoms can occur at anytime within the first three months after giving birth, women who have postpartum psychosis usually develop symptoms within the first two to three weeks after delivery. Postpartum psychosis symptoms usually appear quite suddenly; in 80% of cases, the psychosis occurs three to 14 days after a symptom-free period.

Signs of postpartum psychosis include:

• Hallucinations
  • Delusions
  • Illogical thoughts
  • Insomnia
  • Refusing to eat
  • Extreme feelings of anxiety and agitation
  • Periods of delirium or mania
  • Suicidal or homicidal thoughts
Much more at link: http://www.pregnancy-info.net/postpartum_psychosis.html

Baby Allegedly Thrown by His Mom Dies

A 7-month-old baby who was thrown -- allegedly by his mother -- from the fourth floor of a parking structure at Children's Hospital of Orange County died today. Noe Medina's mother, Sonia Hermosillo, was charged earlier today with attempted murder and child abuse, but those charges will likely be amended.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/baby-throwing-suspect-due-in-court-20110824#ixzz1VzELyF7I

64181401.jpg

Rest in peace, Noe Medina.

Beautiful precious baby. Heartbreaking. Rest in peace sweet baby Noe :(

I recently saw Bryce Dallas Howard (Ron Howards daughter) an actress on "The Talk" and she was talking about the terrible PPD she experienced. Hers lasted 18 months. She even called her little one "It"! Brooke Shields wrote a book called "Down came the Rain" where she describes how she was suicidal and Gwyneth Paltrow says the hardest part was acknowledging the problem. "I thought postpartum depression meant you were sobbing every single day and incapable of looking after a child," she explains. "But there are different shades of it and depths of it, which is why I think it's so important for women to talk about it. It was a trying time. I felt like a failure."

I only mention these famous women to say that PPD has no boundaries. Rich, poor..no matter what the circumstances it hits and there is nothing you can do about it but get help and have the love of friends and family to help you through.

Now, here is where I will probably have something thrown at me so please forgive.:truce:.I am not being racist..I am hispanic..Men from Mexico are used to going to work and letting their wives deal with cooking, cleaning, raising the children and they are not that involved in "Things of the home". Noe's daddy might have been thrown into this situation because he was warned by a doctor that something grave could happen to his sickly son. I'm not blaming him but she was supposed to be in the presence of someone at all times...Where was that someone?

~RIP baby Noe~~~

I recently saw Bryce Dallas Howard (Ron Howards daughter) an actress on "The Talk" and she was talking about the terrible PPD she experienced. Hers lasted 18 months. She even called her little one "It"! Brooke Shields wrote a book called "Down came the Rain" where she describes how she was suicidal and Gwyneth Paltrow says the hardest part was acknowledging the problem. "I thought postpartum depression meant you were sobbing every single day and incapable of looking after a child," she explains. "But there are different shades of it and depths of it, which is why I think it's so important for women to talk about it. It was a trying time. I felt like a failure."

I only mention these famous women to say that PPD has no boundaries. Rich, poor..no matter what the circumstances it hits and there is nothing you can do about it but get help and have the love of friends and family to help you through.

Now, here is where I will probably have something thrown at me so please forgive.:truce:.I am not being racist..I am hispanic..Men from Mexico are used to going to work and letting their wives deal with cooking, cleaning, raising the children and they are not that involved in "Things of the home". Noe's daddy might have been thrown into this situation because he was warned by a doctor that something grave could happen to his sickly son. I'm not blaming him but she was supposed to be in the presence of someone at all times...Where was that someone?
~RIP baby Noe~~~

That someone was him. From what I have read he was home and caring for the children (baby Noe and his two sisters.) Daddy was dealing with the sisters and little Noe was on the couch when Mom scooped him up and got into the family vehicle. Daddy called 911.

IMO Daddy was doing what he could. Mom got to a treatment source, Daddy was home watching the kids, they weren't alone with Mom. But noone can be everywhere and watching everyone at once.

~RIP baby Noe~~~

bbm, I believe in one article that I read he thought she was doing better, and was in the presence of the 2 daughters. He he went to have a shower. He called 911 as soon as he knew. God bless him :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44242121

bbm Medina said his wife, who suffers from postpartum depression, grabbed their son and left their La Habra home about 5:30 p.m. while he was taking a quick shower and his daughters, 7 and 10, went outside.

"She found herself alone with the baby, and I think she saw the moment as her opportunity to grab the baby, get the car and leave," Medina said in Spanish on Tuesday afternoon at the hospital.

ARGH this is so frustrating.

She was exhibiting signs of PPD in June when she said she didn't want the baby, but she only saw a therapist at the end of August? She should have been given an appointment that same week and had recurring appointments every 2 weeks (preferably every week, if her case was bad).

It's so hard to get timely mental health treatment, short of checking into the ward.

TWA little Noe! ^j^ God bless this Daddy, who loves and cares enough about his family to care for his daughters and forgive his wife, during his time of grief.

I will never understand how a person can harm their child. I am not sure what the solution is, but I am thankful that this sweet boy had a father and two sisters who showed him what love was. And Jesus wept.

Wow. I think I might be speechless. :waitasec:

http://www.ocregister.com/news/mass...mmentKey:7099f4c5-492c-45e9-9090-501981e048b0

"Even though baby Noe's mother tossed him away like a piece of garbage, the Orange County District Attorney believes his life had value," said Susan Kang Schroeder, chief of staff at the DA's office. :bow:

noe3d.jpg

"We must fight to get baby Noe justice and prevent other children from dying this tragic way at the hands of a person he relied on the most,"
Schroeder said.

Orange County prosecutors say that Hermosillo removed a protective helmet her son was wearing for a congenital problem before tossing him off the four-story parking structure and then getting her parking validated before driving away.

To many observers, these reported acts are those of a cold-blooded killer who carefully deliberated her crime – not those of an insane person suffering a break from reality.

Said Schroeder: "When ordinary, law-abiding citizens see someone do a horrific, incomprehensible act, they try to assign an explanation to make sense of the unthinkable."

"The evidence in this case shows that the defendant no longer wanted to care for baby Noe and she planned the murder to make sure he would die, including taking his helmet off and tossing him off a tall structure.

The evidence also shows that she had the wherewithal to get her parking validated and to come back to the crime scene."

http://www.ocregister.com/news/mass...mmentKey:7099f4c5-492c-45e9-9090-501981e048b0

I always chime into threads/stories like this because I was one of those rare PPP sufferers. I can only say this... once she comes out of her postpartum mood disorder she will find it difficult to live with what she's done. Postpartum mood disorders do horrible awful things to those that suffer with it. I'm so sorry this baby lost his life. It's always preventable.

I always chime into threads/stories like this because I was one of those rare PPP sufferers. I can only say this... once she comes out of her postpartum mood disorder she will find it difficult to live with what she's done. Postpartum mood disorders do horrible awful things to those that suffer with it. I'm so sorry this baby lost his life. It's always preventable.

I hate to say it... but I truly hope you are right. I feel a lot of sympathy for Andrea Yates. Because this is what happened with her. After she was medicated she has really struggled with what she did. Other cases... where they have no remorse... are the ones that bother me the most.

I will admit, it is the child's disability that is the sticking point on this one for me.
If she killed him because she thought he was possessed I would have a much easier time with the PPP theory.

I couldn't even tell you how many parents of children with a disability I have heard say "I don't want this child" or "I wish this child had died."

I have seen parents give the child up for adoption after a year... because they still didn't want the child.

So for me... her saying that she didn't want him does not have to mean she had PPD.
It could also just mean that she didn't like her child with a disability.

There is a reason that there is a 90% + abortion rate of children with Down syndrome when it's diagnosed prenatally. (Other things as well.)

There is a reason babies with disabilities are abandoned at the hospital.

There are people who believe it should be legal to kill the child up to one year old, in case a disability is discovered after birth.

There is a reason children with disabilities are 3.4 times more likely to be neglected, and physically, emotionally, or sexually abused than children who do not have disabilities.

I just can't quite make the leap from "Mom who just didn't want a defective child" to "Mom who was truly psychotic."
I know our experiences shape our opinions on these things... I have just seen too many Mom's who could care less if their child lived or died.

They didn't have PPD. They just didn't want this "defective child" and they were angry that they were robbed of a typical child.
That their spouse and/or concern about "what people would think" caused them to keep this child they never wanted. Now they resent the child.

I hope I'm proven wrong. Because I would much prefer she didn't know what she was doing. That is something we can work on preventing.
People who just simply don't want a child that is less than their idea of perfect... we can't do much more about.

I thought it was already established she was suffering from a postpartum mood disorder. :waitasec: One that didn't allow her to be alone with her children or specifically with the baby.

I won't get into my own story.. but I understand the pervasiveness of intrusive thoughts when ill with a PP mood disorder. This wasn't likely planned.. imo, she reacted to the voices or images in her head.

While there may be many people who don't want handicapped children (what a shame) considering her diagnosis, I'm leaning more towards that being the hugest contributor to what she did to this angel.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/baby-314734-hermosillo-hasse.html

Father lays 7-month-old son to rest

After the nearly one-hour Mass, the boy’s tearful father placed his hand on the tiny blue casket adorned with a crucifix as the Rev. Ed Becker blessed him on the front steps of the church.

Grieving family and friends watched as the casket was carried to a waiting hearse by the boy’s father, also named Noe Medina, and the father’s uncle, Martin Mena.

more at link

Regardless of what was going through mom's head - Noe was loved and wanted by the rest of the family.

October 1, 2011

Psych exam ordered in Noe's case....

She was supposed to enter a plea but her attorney feels she is unable to assist in her own defense.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2011-10-...tric-test-psychiatric-exam-competency-hearing

A woman accused of pushing her infant son from the fourth story of a parking structure has been ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation to determine whether she is mentally fit to stand trial for murder.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/son-...mmentKey:c4a36e7b-2bbd-4fa0-821d-b1760f9a46eb

It is very hard for me to understand. Like most, I imagine serious psychosis as a person incapable of functioning, or plotting, etc. I also have a very hard time understanding how, in the depths of psychosis like you describe, where the person can function, a mother would not say, "Hey, please just put me in the hospital or take this baby away from me. If you don't, I;m going to kill the baby." Is there no trace of logic left at all? No trace of understanding that they may be ill and need help? No trace of mother's instinct?

I can only try and explain it from the point of view of clinical depression and what some of the thought processes are in the darkest times. I have cats which are like my children as well and since I don't have kids they really are my babies.

When it gets really really bad, you can function but your thinking isn't logical at all..or its at best a backwards logic. 95% of the time with me the despair turns inwards and i want to give up. Of course there is the thought "what about my babies" With the totally messed up thinking, the answer is 'logically' that they will be far better off without me because I am a lousy mum etc. etc. even though I know it is likely they will end up in a shelter and may even be put down.

The depression takes away rational thought. Unlike what most people think, you are able to make a plan and act on it, unfortunately the plan is based on a complete fallacy but one you believe implicitly.

An example I give sometimes is a psychotic and either keeping on their meds, or tocommitting some horrible murder. To them, it makes complete sense that someone is trying to poison them. They can plan to hide their meds if that is the sole problem, no matter what logically they know...that they help.. or its wrong to go off them. Because if you believe they something is poisonous, you won't take it and in fact will do almost anything to avoid it. The disordered thinking is in the main idea..that it is poison. Every act afterwards follows logically.n From that thought comes "ys they stop taking it. Yes they will hide it from whomever might be in charge because they are the one trying to poison them. Yes they will even be violent if they think it is that or be killed. Insane people can be very logical in their actions and so can people who are severely depressed. You just have to understand what thought has taken them by the mind and is holding sway.

If they (like Andrea Yates) believe that the only way to save their babies soul is to kill them and God is telling them to, then they will plan to do it when no one can stop them (because the devil will try to stop them) and may or may not try to hide it afterwards. Not wanting to be caught has little to do with not wanting to be punished and everything to do with completing the act that in their minds is an absolute necessity.

This woman may have believed her baby was sent from the devil or would harm her other children or a dozen of other possibilities that told her the only option was to kill it. She might even believe the only chance the baby has is to die, then it will be healed in heaven..now if we think about it...if you believe something like that strongly, you will do everything you can to make it happen. including lying, hiding and otherwise ensuring you aren't stopped..as it is the only way to save either the baby or your other children.

Not even sure I have expressed myself well here. Basically it doesn't make you a gibbering idiot unable to function but can at times give you a laser focus to achieve a goal. Unfortunately your thinking is so messed up you firmly believe something totally false and bizarre. They may even know it is wrong, but the difference is they don't think it is, they know that society does and will stop them if possible. However they "know" that society is the one that is wrong/trying to poison/ruin/destroy them so they have to do it secretly-which is where planning and hiding comes in.

As I said, I know the thought process from depression, luckily I have had the wherewithal to retain some ability to realize it can get better and use some coping techniques I have been taught. some people are much worse off than I am though and can't see that their thinking is totally off base.

sorry for such a rambling post.

Can't find anything new, I'm sure everything has been delayed...

noe3d.jpg

Murder cases in California can take years to come to trial.

Searching Orange County inmate records, her next court date is November 8th. She remains in jail, no bond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back