CA - Norma Lopez, 17, abducted & murdered, Moreno Valley, 15 July 2010 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for all the links! I'm also curious if this green SUV was ever seen around the high school, or if anyone saw it following Norma as she walked? I'd also like to know why she chose the route she did instead of walking along the street between Dracaea and Cottonwood? Was it an issue where she felt safer going through the field or just a short cut? :waitasec:

Does anyone know how far this incident happened from where Norma was abducted? Might not have anything to do with this at all but this guy was also hunting near a high school.

http://www.riversidesheriff.org/press/hem10-0617.asp
Details:

On Thursday, June 17, 2010, at 9:20 AM, officers from the San Jacinto Police Department responded to the San Jacinto High School in reference to a male subject annoying a seventeen-year-old female. Upon arrival the officers discovered just before 9:00 AM, a Hispanic male adult, approximately 24 years of age, driving an older model sedan approached the girl as she was walking to school on Ramona Avenue near Tiger Lane. The male subject made several comments to her of a sexual nature. The sexual comments were very suggestive and suspect continued to follow the girl in his car until she entered the school grounds where she reported it to school officials. The girl was able to provide the officers with a good description of the suspect and his vehicle. A search of the area for the suspect and/or his car was met with negative results.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male adult, approximately 24 years-old, brown hair, brown eyes, with bushy eyebrows and last seen wearing a black shirt. He was last seen driving an older model Toyota or Honda four-door sedan, with a partial license number of 5F????8.

May the Lord bring comfort and strength to all her family and friends and may justice come swiftly. RIP beautiful Norma.

I will never, ever understand how these pigs think it's ok to take a young girl right out of her life and harm/kill them. Never.

I hope they find this person or these people ASAP. And I hope this news is being broadcast all over SoCal. Other young girls are at risk every, single day. Including 2 of my own nieces. Their parents need to know.

I've been following this story. Hopefully they catch whoever did it, and soon.

Heartbreaking.

RIP Norma My prayers to this poor family. I'm so sorry your beautiful girl has been taken from you.

I think the Riverside Sheriff's Office will have updates posted here when they happen.
http://www.riversidesheriff.org/press/mvs10-0715-1.asp

Norma Lopez update: Norma Lopez’ body identified through dental records
A community is left in mourning as one week ago today, a beautiful 17-year-old girl, Norma Lopez, vanished while walking home from school. Her body was found and identified through dental records. Who killed this beautiful teenager? Who killed Norma Lopez?

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?tag=norma-lopez-found

WCL, it appears that post is gone. Or I just don't see it, which is possible.

Authorities have set up checkpoints as they hunt for the killer of 17-year-old Norma Lopez of Moreno Valley on Thursday.
Riverside County Sheriff's Sgt. Joe Borja confirmed on Wednesday that a decomposed body found in a field was the 17-year-old, who had been missing since July 15. Lopez had been identified through dental records.
Authorities are asking drivers as they pass through if they saw anything unusual the day Norma disappeared. Police are also interviewing known sexual predators in the area, trying to get any information they can to solve the case.
Police believe Lopez was walking through a vacant lot that she used as a shortcut when she was abducted.

More at link:
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=7569689

Authorities have set up checkpoints as they hunt for the killer of 17-year-old Norma Lopez of Moreno Valley on Thursday.
Riverside County Sheriff's Sgt. Joe Borja confirmed on Wednesday that a decomposed body found in a field was the 17-year-old, who had been missing since July 15. Lopez had been identified through dental records.
Authorities are asking drivers as they pass through if they saw anything unusual the day Norma disappeared. Police are also interviewing known sexual predators in the area, trying to get any information they can to solve the case.
Police believe Lopez was walking through a vacant lot that she used as a shortcut when she was abducted.

More at link:
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=7569689
Also from the link:
"The decomposed body, shirtless and clad in jeans, was found face-down in a grove of trees. A Moreno Valley resident made the gruesome discovery near Dracaea Avenue and Theodore Street about 3 p.m. Tuesday. The location is 2.5 to 3 miles east of Lopez's home and the site of her disappearance.

Authorities would not indicate how Lopez was killed or if she was sexually assaulted."

It seems since LE is looking at SOs that there must be some evidence of an assault, however, it also seems contradictory (imo) that Norma was still dressed in her jeans ~ unless of course the perp(s) redressed her before disposing of her body. I hope they're looking at all possibilities as to who the killer may be. MOO

The family of Norma Lopez, the 17-year-old Moreno Valley girl who was abducted and later found dead, thanked the community Thursday for its support and urged everyone to help police track down the killer.
Clutching photographs of Norma's first Communion and family trips to Disneyland and Mexico, her father and sister spoke of a bright, spirited teenager determined to graduate from high school and pursue her dreams of becoming a fashion designer and makeup artist.
"My heart is broken," said her older sister, Elizabeth Lopez. "But we're trying to find the person responsible for this to pay for what he has done."
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/22/local/la-me-norma-20100723

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_D_norma23.38a7fa3.html

Norma Lopez's death shakes community

Julia Gandara and Raven Harriel, both 17, were distraught and fearful late Thursday morning as they started to walk home from summer classes at Valley View High School in Moreno Valley. They traveled a path similar to the one Norma Lopez took at that same hour one week ago.

Since their classmate's disappearance and the discovery of her body Tuesday, their lives have changed drastically. The girls now walk home together, no longer allowed to go running or even walk alone to a store around the corner.

"My mom forbids it. I'm scared, because I have to walk home every day," Raven said.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hmmm, when I click on the link it works for me....

But what I was referring to has been deleted anyway! Go figure.

It was about 3-4 comments questioning whether his suicide may have been tied to this case...

Nancy Grace tonight ~ :seeya:

Breaking News -- Police discover the body of missing 17-year-old Norma Lopez in a grassy field! Now, police are on the hunt for the teenage girl's killer, scouring the area where the girl was abducted for any evidence & clues that could provide investigators with new leads! Who murdered 17-yr-old Norma Lopez? Nancy Grace has the latest, breaking news every night at 8 & 10 PM E.T. on HLN.

JVM is filling in for Nancy tonight. Giving background of the case now through video clips of family statements, LE statements and other news reports.

Live to staff writer with LA Times. He says manhunt currently on for perp. Talking about the green SUV seen speeding away from the feld.

JVM believes looking for the green SUV may be like looking for a needle in a haystack with LA only 70 miles away.

Caller who lives a few blocks from Norma says she thinks perp is local who would know the area.

Reporter Clark G. in studio and has map showing high school and Norma's route to a friend's home, where her belongings were found and where her body was found. JVM believes Norma was killed rather quickly and in the vicinity where she was found. Guest believes it's possible she was killed where her body was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back