CA - O.J. Simpson & the murders of Nicole Brown, Ron Goldman, 1994 *not guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What I wonder about this book is that if the book details something to reopen the case, can it happen? OJ was aquitted by California state law on the murders, but what about at a federal level? What if the federal government decides that it's worth another peek? Could charges of murder be leveled against him at a federal level? I don't know anything about law but am hoping that this book will maybe come back and bite OJ in the butt. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Boyz_Mum said:
What I wonder about this book is that if the book details something to reopen the case, can it happen? OJ was aquitted by California state law on the murders, but what about at a federal level? What if the federal government decides that it's worth another peek? Could charges of murder be leveled against him at a federal level? I don't know anything about law but am hoping that this book will maybe come back and bite OJ in the butt. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.
Plain murder - no federal charges to work with. Double-jepordy means he can just about confess - maybe can confess - and he can't be tried again. One more of those ways we try to prevent LE from harassing innocent people (there have been some innocents that the cops believe are guilty, and would try and try again just as harassment, or hoping for the right jury), that protects the guilty as well in this case.

Details said:
Plain murder - no federal charges to work with. Double-jepordy means he can just about confess - maybe can confess - and he can't be tried again. One more of those ways we try to prevent LE from harassing innocent people (there have been some innocents that the cops believe are guilty, and would try and try again just as harassment, or hoping for the right jury), that protects the guilty as well in this case.
What do you mean there are no federal charges to work with (not snipping at you, don't know enough about law...)? I understand on the state level that he probably could confess and there is nothing the state could do but didn't anyone leave a loophole anywhere? I'm grasping at straws here!

I wish there was something they could try him on. I'm sure if there was it would have been done already. What a sleezeball.

MrsMush99 said:
I wish there was something they could try him on. I'm sure if there was it would have been done already. What a sleezeball.
At this point, I would be happy if they could get him on tax evasion. Anything... just put him in jail til he's 80. (I get really irked when he "laughs" about accusations against him and he is just so pompous!)

Boyz_Mum said:
What do you mean there are no federal charges to work with (not snipping at you, don't know enough about law...)? I understand on the state level that he probably could confess and there is nothing the state could do but didn't anyone leave a loophole anywhere? I'm grasping at straws here!
Federal government and state law are supposed to be complementary (mathmatecal usage) - the state covers crimes within the state, federal law covers crimes involving multiple states; state law covers most crime, federal laws apply to a few particular crimes. IOW, it's intentional that if someone faces state charges, there are no federal charges as well. You'd have to find another crime to charge him with - for instance, if he said he dragged one of the victims out of her house, then maybe it could become kidnapping, and he could be charged for that.

There is an online petition by he Goldman's at www.dontpayoj.com
Also is contact information for FOX and others that will make money with the book and tv interview.

Now he wants to glorify and benefit from his crimes.

He should be shunned and ignored by both the media and the public. If we are to live in a remotely just society, a line of decency must be drawn.

Please sign the petition below and let it be known that you do not, and will not, support any entity that assists and encourages a murderer to profit from his crimes. By signing the petition, you are sending a message to the people that are profiting themselves and who are helping a killer spew his verbal garbage and continue to disrespect the memories of Ron and Nicole and ALL victims of crime.

-The Goldman Family

Boyz_Mum said:
At this point, I would be happy if they could get him on tax evasion. Anything... just put him in jail til he's 80. (I get really irked when he "laughs" about accusations against him and he is just so pompous!)
Exactly its not like that hasnt happened before.

nanandjim said:
I believe in the end OJ will say nothing even close to admitting that he murdered his wife and Ron Goldman. I believe that it is all hype to get people to buy this book. I heard (on Fox) that he was paid like $3.5M for writing it. What a friggin' waste. I wonder how he is going to hide this money from the Goldmans. I'm sure that he has already found a way.

Hi Nan, after hearing the OJ garbage tonight on TV, I had to check to see what was going on here at Wbs. with OJ!

They were talking about the money, probably going to his children or along those lines. LOL Then I wasn't TOO surpirsed to hear his children are supporting the idea of the book!

Mark Furman had it right! He said, "OJ couldn't have written that book, unless he did with a crayon!"--then something about being too dumb! :dance: :D :dance:

Loved it! :clap:

Twelve years after the murder of his ex-wife and her friend and this Bozo wants the public attention he so desperately misses. What a sick ego he has.
In 1981 I attended a tennis banquet at Ceaser's Palace in Las Vegas. Big celebrities everywhere. OJ threw a screaming fit because he was seated at a table in the back of the room. He was furious. Didn't they know who he was? His loud voice was downright scary. He left in a huff but first knocked a rack of chairs out of the way as he yelled all the way out the door.
I won't buy the book, won't watch the interview on Fox Television. I've written Fox TV to protest the broadcast of OJ and requested they reconsider airing the show since I would also boycott the sponsors' products. Here's the e-mail address so you can do the same: askfox@foxinc.com.
When the book is released a few of us will picket the bookstore nearby.
I am passionately against all forms of domestic abuse!
Say N O to O J !!

If he were to actually confess i know they could probably get him for perjury. He said he didn't do it at the trial. So, if he says he did it now, that's perjury. I'm sure there are otherthings that could be thought of and the DA would probably try hard to think of them. He needs to be imprisoned for something.

Details said:
Federal government and state law are supposed to be complementary (mathmatecal usage) - the state covers crimes within the state, federal law covers crimes involving multiple states; state law covers most crime, federal laws apply to a few particular crimes. IOW, it's intentional that if someone faces state charges, there are no federal charges as well. You'd have to find another crime to charge him with - for instance, if he said he dragged one of the victims out of her house, then maybe it could become kidnapping, and he could be charged for that.
Thanks Details. Okay, since OJ is residing in Florida and is seemingly trying to escape from paying the civil suit in California, isn't that criminal? (Criminal as far as the law is concerned- in my heart it's beyond criminal).

Another question that has always bothered me, did OJ have to be tried for both murders at the same time? (I always wished they would have tried him on both murders but at seperate trials in case the first trial went the wrong way?) Obviously it's too late to change anything now but I have wondered for a long time.

Sometimes the nasty truth, with the guilt tends to claw itself up and pop out.

I don't know how he could not say something that would condemn him; but I'm sure they edit.

They should not be doing it - the book - and Fox? Are they still doing it? Shame on them.

I hear Walmart, Barnes and Noble, and Amazon are selling the book, what a shame....:snooty:

If he were to actually confess i know they could probably get him for perjury.

They cannot get OJ for anything. The Double Jepordy rule applies. A person cannot be tried twice for the same crime if they were acquited the first time.

Boyz_Mum said:
Thanks Details. Okay, since OJ is residing in Florida and is seemingly trying to escape from paying the civil suit in California, isn't that criminal? (Criminal as far as the law is concerned- in my heart it's beyond criminal).

Another question that has always bothered me, did OJ have to be tried for both murders at the same time? (I always wished they would have tried him on both murders but at seperate trials in case the first trial went the wrong way?) Obviously it's too late to change anything now but I have wondered for a long time.
It may be morally criminal, but not criminal by law standards. He had every right to move to Florida after he was aquitted. And, as for the money, the judge said something like, "If he makes over this amount, that goes to the Goldman's and Brown's, the other money is to live on." Now... he probably IS lying about how much he makes, but it's up to the Goldman's/Brown's to prove it, which they haven't been able to do.

And before anyone jumps on me, I DO belive OJ guilty and wish with all my heart the SOB had paid for his crimes.

Well, since his kids are all grown up now, they definitely know and realize that their father is a murderer, but they won't say a damn thing against him because they realize their father still has tons of money( that huge monthly pension especially)--Those kids are living the good life,and they ain't never gonna rock the boat

Simpson could be tried again on Federal civil rights charges. This happened with the Rodney King cops and Lemrick Nelson. Nelson killed Yankel Rosenbaum in the 1991 Crown Heights riot. Both of these were after acquittals in state courts. Very unlikely in the Simpson case. The statute of limitations on perjury has run out most likely. I saw Jeffrey Toobin say on Court TV yesterday that California would want no part of another Simpson trial on the perjury count.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack B
Back