CA - O.J. Simpson & the murders of Nicole Brown, Ron Goldman, 1994 *not guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snipped and O/T
Nothing is too personal. :-)

I've had pen pals since I was a teenager.

People I can bounce ideas off of and learn from and share my thoughts with who can share them in return and I can learn from. It's INTERESTING. I don't use the computer, I use an ink pen. So do they. I can tell them things without fear of being judged, they can tell me things without fear of being judged. It's cathartic.

These people are as different from each other as you and I are.

We definitely don't talk about ministry stuff, unless they want to air their views and hear mine - but I'm not interested in changing anyone's mind, I accept them as they are, otherwise, there isn't any point in writing.

I love to get mail. I love to send mail. It works for me. :-)
Glitchy - you sound like a wonderful pen pal, and friend, to have!!! :blowkiss: If you ever want another pen pal, PM me your address and I'll send you mine. :D

Am I the only one who thinks she looks a lot like Nicole?

ETA: nevermind, I've read the whole thread now, y'all noticed it too!!

That has to be part of the reason, if not the whole reason he picked her. She's Nicole's replacement. He did try a brunette for awhile, Paula Barbieri. Wonder what happened to her?

That has to be part of the reason, if not the whole reason he picked her. She's Nicole's replacement. He did try a brunette for awhile, Paula Barbieri. Wonder what happened to her?
I believe that Paula's breakup message on OJ's voicemail that fateful evening is what put OJ over the edge. He decided to take it out on Nicole and on Ron. Poor Ron. Can you believe that he returned Nicole's mother's glasses at the exact time that she was being murdered? How sad. Had he arrived 15 minutes later, he most probably wuold have lived.

For some reason, I thought that this girl introduced herself to OJ. I always had the impression that she knew that she looked like Nicole and exploited it. Sick.

I wish you'd stop your generalizing about these people being "bleeding hearts"! I am proud to be a Liberal, bleeding heart and all. I am NOT soft on crime, nor do I believe the death penalty should be abolished. Stop stereotyping and lumping people together!

I think you may have taken what I said out of context. I never said anything about being liberal. I said a "bleeding heart". Someone who IMO shows sympathy for those who do not deserve it. (Like O.J.)

I call people like her bleeding hearts because O.J. is a murderer, and she is attracted to that sort of person with the idea that she can "change him" and the idea that people like him need to be "understood." and all that. I am not lumping you or anyone else but people like her in that category. Unless you are like her, you need to be worried about being lumped in with her. I am sorry if my posts indicated otherwise.

I am not talking in terms of politics, I am talking about in the terms of people's ideas of murderers.

I've had pen pals since I was a teenager. With the influx of email and texting, the art of pen pals and writing with true thought provoking conversations with others falls by the wayside. Society is just too rushed to take time to get to know someone because life gets in the way, the kids are around, the holidays, the jobs or whatever the excuse dejour is that people don't communicate in a meaningful way anymore.

Then I discovered there are people whose lives do NOT get in the way of friendship and communication. People I can bounce ideas off of and learn from and share my thoughts with who can share them in return and I can learn from. It's INTERESTING. I don't use the computer, I use an ink pen. So do they. I can tell them things without fear of being judged, they can tell me things without fear of being judged. It's cathartic.

I get way more from it than they do. I hear from them about the schemes that they or others play on pen pals who are the type to send money and such - but I make it clear upfront that I won't send any money, and that is respected by the ones I write to.

These people are as different from each other as you and I are. Out of everyone I've written to, only one is innocent, but there are some who need to be in prison forever, some who probably don't need to be there and one who definitely doesn't. It's individual.

We definitely don't talk about ministry stuff, unless they want to air their views and hear mine - but I'm not interested in changing anyone's mind, I accept them as they are, otherwise, there isn't any point in writing.

We definitely don't talk about details of their crimes. Maybe a question or two if something in their files makes me feel a need to ask - but there are plenty of whack jobs out there wanting details (gory details) of crimes and they call them "fans." I am not a "fan." I don't want details from them, only from tv and books where I can have some distance. :-)

PS
I have sent some books to one pen pal, and a stuffed Harley Davidson teddy bear to another one's daughter - but that was my choice and my idea, not theirs.

*additionally*
Even though I say I don't judge them - initially, I do. I would never want to write to a child molester and if I even think someone is lying, I stop writing. No point in someone just telling me what they think I want to hear. I can talk to myself for that. :-)
Sounds like you have a lot of spare time on your hands. :rolleyes: You say you draw the line at writing to child molesters, but a murderer is just fine? That makes a lot of sense! :rolleyes:

Awhile back someone posted a link to where all the players in the Simpson trial were now. Paula married a Judge and is living in Florida. They have one child.

I believe that Paula's breakup message on OJ's voicemail that fateful evening is what put OJ over the edge. He decided to take it out on Nicole and on Ron. Poor Ron. Can you believe that he returned Nicole's mother's glasses at the exact time that she was being murdered? How sad. Had he arrived 15 minutes later, he most probably wuold have lived.

For some reason, I thought that this girl introduced herself to OJ. I always had the impression that she knew that she looked like Nicole and exploited it. Sick.

I read in one of the links on here somewhere that after the trial, Christie moved to Ca and pretty much camped outside his house. She was always trying to get on to his premises. Drove security nuts. OJ finally noticed her and invited her in. Ten years later they're still together.:bang:

I've had pen pals since I was a teenager. With the influx of email and texting, the art of pen pals and writing with true thought provoking conversations with others falls by the wayside. Society is just too rushed to take time to get to know someone because life gets in the way, the kids are around, the holidays, the jobs or whatever the excuse dejour is that people don't communicate in a meaningful way anymore.

Then I discovered there are people whose lives do NOT get in the way of friendship and communication. People I can bounce ideas off of and learn from and share my thoughts with who can share them in return and I can learn from. It's INTERESTING. I don't use the computer, I use an ink pen. So do they. I can tell them things without fear of being judged, they can tell me things without fear of being judged. It's cathartic.

I get way more from it than they do. I hear from them about the schemes that they or others play on pen pals who are the type to send money and such - but I make it clear upfront that I won't send any money, and that is respected by the ones I write to.

These people are as different from each other as you and I are. Out of everyone I've written to, only one is innocent, but there are some who need to be in prison forever, some who probably don't need to be there and one who definitely doesn't. It's individual.

We definitely don't talk about details of their crimes. Maybe a question or two if something in their files makes me feel a need to ask - but there are plenty of whack jobs out there wanting details (gory details) of crimes and they call them "fans." I am not a "fan." I don't want details from them, only from tv and books where I can have some distance. :-)

PS
I have sent some books to one pen pal, and a stuffed Harley Davidson teddy bear to another one's daughter - but that was my choice and my idea, not theirs.

*additionally*
Even though I say I don't judge them - initially, I do. I would never want to write to a child molester and if I even think someone is lying, I stop writing. No point in someone just telling me what they think I want to hear. I can talk to myself for that. :-)

Okay-- Hoestly I am not tying to attack you. But I DO NOT understand your reasoning. People who are on death row and are in prison are there for a reason. It is PUNISHMENT.

If someone had murdered my child or one of my loved ones,or robbed me etc. I would be highly PO"ed at someone like you trying to make their stay more comfortable. They are there because they can not conform to the rules of society.

Oh, and yes-- this is indeed personal for me. I have relatives that are career criminals. They get out of prison and they are right back within six months because they think that societies rules do not apply to them. I am also no angel-- I have never been to prison, but in my younger wild days the county jail was a revolving door. The only difference is that I learned my lesson and grew up 25 years ago. I straightened up, got married to a decent man, had a family. I do not want my children around someone who thinks that it is normal to be 50 years old and still doing petty crimes for money for dope, or because life is too hard to get a job. I also teach my children to defend themselves and stand up for themselves, but that you cant just go beat the crap out of someone because they ticked you off. There is a difference between not letting yourself be walked on and being an azzhole. I tell my kids, if you are right in a situation, just walk away laughing-- it is the best revenge. It will make you the better person

I understand your point about writing to someone without judement. I have had a rough life where the odds didnt always go in my favor and I was judged for things that I never did and by people who knew my character and by people who claimed to love me and should have known better. And yeah, some of the crap I pulled was indeed my fault-- so its not like I am crying victim. But I didnt deserve all of what I got. And yes, I am lonely because I dont trust people because of that. When people who claim to love you show that they are out to get you-- and its not just me being paranoid, other people have said stuff to me about my family being out to get me before I even mentioned it-- it makes it hard to trust ANYONE. Okay..enough of my personal crazy rant...

But , why not write to a soldier in Iraq-- there are lots of lonely people out there who deserve positive attention. These people in prison are there for a reason and they dont deserve your attention. You honestly seem like a caring person. I just think that you can send your wonderful personality to someone who deserves it more than a criminal.

I hope I didnt offend you, it is only my opinion

I ran into her twice. She lives in my town. The first time she seemed to be having a panic attack and ran her grocery cart into mine and rushed from the store. She did apologise but it was obviuos she was scared to be in public. The second time I was working at a pharmacy and she came to get her meds. She was carrying her little dog which is not allowed but obvious that she needed it. Already she had grey streaks in her hair and was anorexic thin. She rushed out and had someone else pick up her meds.
I want to know why OJ would leave a girlfriend of 7 yrs in San Antonio and laugh about her being drunk and saying all her injuries were self inflicted. From what I understand she has bleeding on her brain and that would mean she is not likely to recall what happened to her.But all those bruises on her face arms back legs and butt seems she had to be beaten. Reminds me of OJs flight to Chicago when NIcole died. He was there, then suddenly he was gone. I hope he gets sentenced for this one. How can you laugh about a lovers injuries? This time he may get caught. She has bleeding on her brain. Think of the damage long term to her. It would not be your ordinary domestic violence case.

...why not write to a soldier in Iraq-- there are lots of lonely people out there who deserve positive attention. These people in prison are there for a reason and they dont deserve your attention. You honestly seem like a caring person. I just think that you can send your wonderful personality to someone who deserves it more than a criminal.

Hey Rag Doll. :blowkiss: It sounds like you have turned your life around. I could have written much of your letter myself. We differ on the writing of letters to inmates (although I would never do it myself). Being in prison has to be enough hell for anyone. I see nothing wrong with writing to someone if it is a win-win situation, which it apparently is for GlitchWizard. I think that you make an excellent suggestion of writing to lonely soldiers as they are much more deserving. Now, that's something I would consider and should do myself.

I ran into her twice. She lives in my town. The first time she seemed to be having a panic attack and ran her grocery cart into mine and rushed from the store. She did apologise but it was obviuos she was scared to be in public. The second time I was working at a pharmacy and she came to get her meds. She was carrying her little dog which is not allowed but obvious that she needed it. Already she had grey streaks in her hair and was anorexic thin. She rushed out and had someone else pick up her meds.
I want to know why OJ would leave a girlfriend of 7 yrs in San Antonio and laugh about her being drunk and saying all her injuries were self inflicted. From what I understand she has bleeding on her brain and that would mean she is not likely to recall what happened to her.But all those bruises on her face arms back legs and butt seems she had to be beaten. Reminds me of OJs flight to Chicago when NIcole died. He was there, then suddenly he was gone. I hope he gets sentenced for this one. How can you laugh about a lovers injuries? This time he may get caught. She has bleeding on her brain. Think of the damage long term to her. It would not be your ordinary domestic violence case.
Okay, now the picture is becoming clearer as to why this girl is with O.J. and why she stays with him, so to speak. I believe that he cares nothing for her and never has. She is the one who sought him out, not vice versa. Besides that, he is a user of women.

O.J. did not "run" to Chicago, if I recall correctly. He was scheduled to fly there for some type of engagement.

I don't know what happened to Christie; however, how can anyone (except her) prove it was O.J. who beat her up? IMO, he is confident that she would never press charges against him even if he did. He probaby lets her live at his house and basically supports her. If she is that much of a mess, she definitely couldn't survive on her own. In fact, it sounds like she has a death wish. Sad.

Okay, now the picture is becoming clearer as to why this girl is with O.J. and why she stays with him, so to speak. I believe that he cares nothing for her and never has. She is the one who sought him out, not vice versa. Besides that, he is a user of women.

O.J. did not "run" to Chicago, if I recall correctly. He was scheduled to fly there for some type of engagement.

I don't know what happened to Christie; however, how can anyone (except her) prove it was O.J. who beat her up? IMO, he is confident that she would never press charges against him even if he did. He probaby lets her live at his house and basically supports her. If she is that much of a mess, she definitely couldn't survive on her own. In fact, it sounds like she has a death wish. Sad.

It's very sad. A meal ticket, no less. IMO, although she is/was very attractive, it's low self-esteem that leads a woman to stay in such a situation.

Time for a lawsuit, IMO.

She was the one GF he couldn't bully and manipulate. She was smart and got the he!! out.

Being with O.J. has aged her about 10 yrs.. I look younger than her and I'm 42.

Okay-- Hoestly I am not tying to attack you. But I DO NOT understand your reasoning. People who are on death row and are in prison are there for a reason. It is PUNISHMENT.

If someone had murdered my child or one of my loved ones,or robbed me etc. I would be highly PO"ed at someone like you trying to make their stay more comfortable. They are there because they can not conform to the rules of society.

Oh, and yes-- this is indeed personal for me. I have relatives that are career criminals. They get out of prison and they are right back within six months because they think that societies rules do not apply to them. I am also no angel-- I have never been to prison, but in my younger wild days the county jail was a revolving door. The only difference is that I learned my lesson and grew up 25 years ago. I straightened up, got married to a decent man, had a family. I do not want my children around someone who thinks that it is normal to be 50 years old and still doing petty crimes for money for dope, or because life is too hard to get a job. I also teach my children to defend themselves and stand up for themselves, but that you cant just go beat the crap out of someone because they ticked you off. There is a difference between not letting yourself be walked on and being an azzhole. I tell my kids, if you are right in a situation, just walk away laughing-- it is the best revenge. It will make you the better person

I understand your point about writing to someone without judement. I have had a rough life where the odds didnt always go in my favor and I was judged for things that I never did and by people who knew my character and by people who claimed to love me and should have known better. And yeah, some of the crap I pulled was indeed my fault-- so its not like I am crying victim. But I didnt deserve all of what I got. And yes, I am lonely because I dont trust people because of that. When people who claim to love you show that they are out to get you-- and its not just me being paranoid, other people have said stuff to me about my family being out to get me before I even mentioned it-- it makes it hard to trust ANYONE. Okay..enough of my personal crazy rant...

But , why not write to a soldier in Iraq-- there are lots of lonely people out there who deserve positive attention. These people in prison are there for a reason and they dont deserve your attention. You honestly seem like a caring person. I just think that you can send your wonderful personality to someone who deserves it more than a criminal.

Victims advocates and anti crime advocates are outraged that death row scum bags are allowed to have pen pals.

Marc Klaas does a good job of confronting them when he was on Court TV with one scum pal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRhwbEZfTw

Hi Nan-

I read somewhere that Christie met OJ while waitressing (and 19 years old). It sounds like there are conflicting reports on how they met...I see that someone posted earlier that she camped out outside his home.

What I would love to know is what her parents think of all of this.

I am thinking that she had a previous beating that caused her to fall at the gas station. Maybe her "drunken" behavior while out of town was actually brain damage??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back