CA - O.J. Simpson & the murders of Nicole Brown, Ron Goldman, 1994 *not guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fact #1: Jason liked and spent a lot of time with Nicole. Numerous sources have said this. I don't have my OJ trial books handy, but I remember reading that, and IIRC, it was in Joe Bosco's book that I named before. Numerous times Nicole took Jason's side when he and OJ had disagreements.

Fact #2: OJ did in fact pay alimony and child support to Marguerite after their separation and divorce.

Fact #3: Jason's DNA could NOT magically morph into OJ's at either of the scenes. There was no unidentified blood evidence at either Bundy or Rockingham.

Fact #4: Jason was at work at the time of the murders, this was verified.

Fact #5: OJ was in a rage, Ron was no match for him. Ron did fight for his life, just read his autopsy report.

And what motive would Jason have to kill Nicole and Ron? Seriously? He and OJ were at odds with each while Jason was growing up and when he was in his 20s. When Jason got into trouble before the murders, OJ did not pay for his attorney or try to help him. Jason had a public defender. OJ considered him a huge disappointment. My source for this is "A Problem of Evidence," by Joe Bosco. So, why would OJ try to save his son if he son killed Nicole and Ron?

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers....

1. Jason did like Nicole very much. It might have been one of the problems. Some people said that he was very pulled in two directions. His mom was still married to OJ when Nicole came on the scene. So it was emotionally difficult for him to be so close to her when it hurt his mom so much. And yet he loved Nicole too. And some say he was infatuated with her, in fact.

2. There is a quote I posted above that said he neglected his first family after he left. He may have paid alimony but it was nothing like the way that Nicole was taken care of.

3. Maybe Jason never cut himself there. And maybe OJ went there specifically to leave blood from his cut.

4. I am not sure that it was ever verified for sure. Jason was a sous chef at a dinner restaurant. That would mean he came in early to prep and stayed through the serving of dinner. I think it is quite possible he was off in time for the murders.
And it was reported that he had a tiff with Nicole that very day because she dissed him. He was planning to serve the celebration dinner at his restaurant that night. As you noted, his dad made him feel like a loser. He really wanted to show off his cooking skills that night but Nicole shut him down and changed the restaurant reservation to another place.

5. Jason had been recently diagnosed with 'rage disorder' and had a thing for knives. He used them every day in his work. And he was much more experienced with wielding a knife than OJ was.

As to motive, I think of a couple of possible ones. he was in a rage as noted above. And a lifetime of anger erupted perhaps. Or perhaps he and OJ went there together?

A father who will go to prison for one of his children is not one who will let them live in poverty rather than pay alimony/child support to their mother. JMO, obviously, but I have personal experience with a father who lived in a beach penthouse while his ex and three children lived in the ghetto.

That is true. But let's say his daughter calls him in a panic and says ' Jason is on his way to Nicole's to kill her" or something like that. Would he possibly jump in the Bronco and rush over, just to get there at the tail end? And maybe cuts himself while trying to get the knife away from jason?

At that point he is all in. imo And maybe he decides to try and get away with it, which he did.

That is true. But let's say his daughter calls him in a panic and says ' Jason is on his way to Nicole's to kill her" or something like that. Would he possibly jump in the Bronco and rush over, just to get there at the tail end? And maybe cuts himself while trying to get the knife away from jason?

At that point he is all in. imo And maybe he decides to try and get away with it, which he did.

This is why the burden of proof in a criminal case is "beyond reasonable doubt", but not "beyond all possible doubt".

Sure, the scenario you law out is possible, but it's extremely unlikely. For one thing, how odd that Jason managed to hack two people to death, engaging in a life-and-death struggle with one, and yet left not a single trace of himself at the crime scene! Not impossible, of course, but the truth of the case is wild enough; I don't need to create a yet more complicated story.

1. Jason did like Nicole very much. It might have been one of the problems. Some people said that he was very pulled in two directions. His mom was still married to OJ when Nicole came on the scene. So it was emotionally difficult for him to be so close to her when it hurt his mom so much. And yet he loved Nicole too. And some say he was infatuated with her, in fact.

2. There is a quote I posted above that said he neglected his first family after he left. He may have paid alimony but it was nothing like the way that Nicole was taken care of.

3. Maybe Jason never cut himself there. And maybe OJ went there specifically to leave blood from his cut.

4. I am not sure that it was ever verified for sure. Jason was a sous chef at a dinner restaurant. That would mean he came in early to prep and stayed through the serving of dinner. I think it is quite possible he was off in time for the murders.
And it was reported that he had a tiff with Nicole that very day because she dissed him. He was planning to serve the celebration dinner at his restaurant that night. As you noted, his dad made him feel like a loser. He really wanted to show off his cooking skills that night but Nicole shut him down and changed the restaurant reservation to another place.

5. Jason had been recently diagnosed with 'rage disorder' and had a thing for knives. He used them every day in his work. And he was much more experienced with wielding a knife than OJ was.

As to motive, I think of a couple of possible ones. he was in a rage as noted above. And a lifetime of anger erupted perhaps. Or perhaps he and OJ went there together?

BBM: YES, it was confirmed he was at work. I have cited a source numerous times for you. If you choose not to believe the source, then I can't help that. I will have to go dig out my Joe Bosco book and cite the page I guess in order for you to believe he was at work at the time of the murders. It was verified FOR SURE.

As for your #3, that is so far out there, I can't even come up with an answer for that.

As for Nicole changing her reservation, I have never heard about that, source please.....

ETA: I am not going to continue banging my head against a wall about whether or not Jason was at work, because it has been verified. I can't help it if you choose not to believe it. So, we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

This is why the burden of proof in a criminal case is "beyond reasonable doubt", but not "beyond all possible doubt".

Sure, the scenario you law out is possible, but it's extremely unlikely. For one thing, how odd that Jason managed to hack two people to death, engaging in a life-and-death struggle with one, and yet left not a single trace of himself at the crime scene! Not impossible, of course, but the truth of the case is wild enough; I don't need to create a yet more complicated story.

RBBM: Thank you Nova for being the voice of reason, as always. I am not going to frustrate myself any further trying to discuss this.

RBBM: Thank you Nova for being the voice of reason, as always. I am not going to frustrate myself any further trying to discuss this.

I lived not too far from the site of the murders and I promise you Los Angeles was full of such rumors all during the trial. (I believe Dominick Dunne used to report some of the gossip.) Not only was Jason Simpson suggested as a perp, but A.C. Cowlings, unnamed drug dealers, and even, I believe, Kato Kaelin! ("Kato was secretly in love with Nicole and angry that her move to the condo left him no way to live with her any more.")

And since Detective what's-his-name carried a vial of O.J.'s blood around in his shirt pocket, one might assume anybody killed Ms. Brown and Mr. Goldman, and the police merely framed O.J. later.

I just read the book in question and I feel the author made an extremely compelling argument that Jason was the killer.His at work alibi is really not iron clad, he has been diagnosed with " intermittent rage disorder", his DNA etc. has not ever been compared to the evidence,there is alot more to it if anyone is still interested in discussing this, I just read the book so I"m anxious to talk about it.

having watched every second of the OJ Trail...OJ IS GUILTY, not Jason.

There are many reasons to believe Jason did it-..about three crime scene analysts examined the photos of the murder (granted this was after the fact because LAPD decided it was DEFINITELY O.J. so they didn't consider any other possibility) these experts said this was a "rage killing" by a disorganized killer -that does not fit O.J. at all but totally describes Jason! O.J. was a kind of compulsive neat nick ,Jason was a rage disorder patient who had just stopped taking his prescription depakote(the anti rage/seizure medication he was prescribed)the killer would have been covered in blood,the murder scene courtyard was only about 10"x18" the killer would have been drenched,like blood all over the interior of their getaway car-there was like one tiny drop of blood in O.J.'s car Jason Simpsons car WAS NEVER EXAMINED.This authors theory is that Jason called OJ in a panic after the killings OJ told him to go home and talk to nobody(which Jason did not-until 6pm the following day)and OJ went over to Nicoles to make sure she was dead and check the scene .Jason was a huge strong 24yr old at that time-strong enough to fight and kill ron goldman.

By the way-I also watched "every second" of the OJ trial and I too felt OJ must have done it-because who else on Earth would have a motive and OJ behaved so strangely,well this theory explains that and makes more sense really than the fact that OJ did it!

I am one of the few people who did not think OJ did it. I think it is possible that his son did. Also, there was discussion, at the time, that the method of killing, 'necklacing', was a method used by drug dealers. There had also been several other killings of that type in the greater LA area in a time frame surrounding those 2 murders. I think Johnny Cochoran was right about it being a rush to judgement. The evidence was presented and OJ was acquitted.

I am one of the few people who did not think OJ did it. I think it is possible that his son did. Also, there was discussion, at the time, that the method of killing, 'necklacing', was a method used by drug dealers. There had also been several other killings of that type in the greater LA area in a time frame surrounding those 2 murders. I think Johnny Cochoran was right about it being a rush to judgement. The evidence was presented and OJ was acquitted.

RBBM: Do you even know what a Colombian Necklace is? Or a Colombian Necktie? A Colombian Necklace is where a tire is put around the victim's head and set on fire. A Colombian Necktie is where the victim's tongue is pulled out through the cut in his/her throat. Neither of which happened here. Even Johnny Cochran knew OJ was guilty, go read "American Tragedy" by Lawrence Schiller.

How well organized do you think OJ was in a rage? He was beyond pithed off that Nicole was FINALLY done with him, Paula Barbieri broke up with him (on the morning of the murders, no less), and here he was sitting at home with Kato, while Nicole was out with HER family, not him.

Did you read OJ's book, "If I Did It?" He tells the whole story right there, all you have to do is read it.

One other point, OJ KNEW that Nicole had or was sleeping with Marcus Allen, that rumor was out long before the murders. OJ couldn't deal with the fact that Nicole had traded up in a sense, to a better model OJ, if you will. Why do you think Marcus and his wife were NOT at Nicole's funeral?

And my final point about Jason. It was confirmed that he was at work at the time of the murders. I've cited the source numerous times, I can't help if everyone ignores it. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

OJ was well heck of a good football player and spokesman, but he was not a good man in his personal life.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

RBBM: Do you even know what a Colombian Necklace is? Or a Colombian Necktie? A Colombian Necklace is where a tire is put around the victim's head and set on fire. A Colombian Necktie is where the victim's tongue is pulled out through the cut in his/her throat. Neither of which happened here. Even Johnny Cochran knew OJ was guilty, go read "American Tragedy" by Lawrence Schiller.

How well organized do you think OJ was in a rage? He was beyond pithed off that Nicole was FINALLY done with him, Paula Barbieri broke up with him (on the morning of the murders, no less), and here he was sitting at home with Kato, while Nicole was out with HER family, not him.

Did you read OJ's book, "If I Did It?" He tells the whole story right there, all you have to do is read it.

One other point, OJ KNEW that Nicole had or was sleeping with Marcus Allen, that rumor was out long before the murders. OJ couldn't deal with the fact that Nicole had traded up in a sense, to a better model OJ, if you will. Why do you think Marcus and his wife were NOT at Nicole's funeral?

And my final point about Jason. It was confirmed that he was at work at the time of the murders. I've cited the source numerous times, I can't help if everyone ignores it. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

OJ was well heck of a good football player and spokesman, but he was not a good man in his personal life.

Jason's alibi was not ironclad. I know that you keep citing it, but it is not set in stone. Surely this author would not have written an entire book, based upon this theory, if Jason had a solid, set in stone, iron clad alibi, for the exact time of the murders.
Jason has blackouts, has assaulted multiple girlfriends, describes himself as a Jekyll and Hyde, was snubbed by Nicole on the day of the murders, had a handwritten time card on the night of the killings (the only handwritten time card among computerized punch-outs) and no alibi. In interviews (not police interviews, of course), Jason Simpson's story keeps changing. The book gives a long, detailed list as to why O.J. is innocent and why Jason should be considered a major suspect.

Thank you Katydid23-Jason's alibi is absolutely NOT iron clad, Jason had as much,if not more, of a motive for the murders.As the author, Dear points out Nicole&OJ were working out divorce problems peacefully everyday they both slept around,Jason was the fragile ego, time bomb , barely keeping it together Simpson who was majorly snubbed by Nicole that evening when she didn't show up at his restaurant - humiliating him.OJ was heading off to Chicago that night doing his usual things.

My opinion is that I believe OJ didn't commit the murders. IMHO

We all have different opinions.

BBM: YES, it was confirmed he was at work. I have cited a source numerous times for you. If you choose not to believe the source, then I can't help that. I will have to go dig out my Joe Bosco book and cite the page I guess in order for you to believe he was at work at the time of the murders. It was verified FOR SURE.

As for your #3, that is so far out there, I can't even come up with an answer for that.

As for Nicole changing her reservation, I have never heard about that, source please.....

ETA: I am not going to continue banging my head against a wall about whether or not Jason was at work, because it has been verified. I can't help it if you choose not to believe it. So, we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

According to the book, the motive for Jason killing nicole was that she and her family said they would dine at the restaurant he was head-chefing, but she stood him up and went to Mezzaluna instead. This was a blow to his pride.

The sources for this are all included in the book.

And his alibi was not ironclad. He was the only employee without a time card punched electronically. His was a note from his boss. That seems hinky, imo.

BBM. So did F.Lee Bailey, I have that on good authority...

Because she switched reservations? Give me a break!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back