Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it seemed wordy because they wanted to explain the background and family dynamics, which is a little hard to explain. At least it's clearer now.

They also probably felt the need to address the vandalism and death threats, and politely ask people to stop. They are already under a huge amount of stress.

At least they provided two new pictures of the boys.

As they said, the truth has to and will come to light. They probably have suspicions of their own.
The search for truth forces all secret things to eventually come to light. The question is not if things will come to the light but when?

I notice it wasn’t said reported by our son or SIL or daughter or DIL. Was this intentionally distancing language to avoid identification of author/family? Or some other reason? There certainly is a lot to unpack in this statement. I’ve barely got it opened. As my buddy has always said: “Words don’t come from a vacuum.”

RSBM.

I think it points more to establishing a loving home.....emphasizing these two are the parents, not just two adults who adopted 4 kids. KWIM?

Did you hear the angry ranting and chanting outside their home the other day?
I think there are some seriously unglued people hanging around this case so it doesn't surprise me in the least there have been death threats.
It's like the comment section of a FB post came out in real life. o_O

ETA: Missing kid cases & death threats: yes. Both Gannon Stauch's step mom and Lucas Hernandez' step mom were receiving death threats on social media almost immediately after they went missing. Now, in those two cases, both women were guilty, but the ones issuing the death threats didn't know that when they issued them. They just assumed and fired away.
Agree, it’s totally bizarre :confused: Don’t these people realize it’s a crime to make death threats and vandalize someone’s home? What on earth are they thinking??!! How does that help find the children? So thankful that sanity is the order of the day here. JMHO

Re: the family statement. I was surprised to learn that all four of the adopted children are bio sibs/have the same mom. Do we know the gender of those children?

RSBM
“The boys and their sibling joined our family legally last year when the parental rights of their birth mother were taken away by the State of California and the birth fathers collectively gave up their parental rights.”bbm

So three siblings in total?

On Monday December 21 our youngest two grandchildren/nephews/cousins were reported missing by their parents in California City. bbm

I notice it wasn’t said reported by our son or SIL or daughter or DIL. Was this intentionally distancing language to avoid identification of author/family? Or some other reason? There certainly is a lot to unpack in this statement. I’ve barely got it opened. As my buddy has always said: “Words don’t come from a vacuum.”

I am confused about the use of siblings in that family statement.
I thought that 2 of the boys were biological sons of Trezell and Jacqueline.
And Orrin/Cincere and Orson/Classic were sons of Ryan Dean and 2 fathers.

Not that it matters, unless it does matter somehow.

I missed that and went back to reread... thanks.

I read it as that the two youngest were the (step?) brothers of the two oldest biokids... not the siblings of the other two adopted though?

Others thoughts?

"It should be noted that the two brothers are the youngest of four adopted siblings and share two older siblings who are the biological children of their adoptive parents. That is six children in total who are our primary focus."

and/or

"“The boys and their sibling joined our family legally last year when the parental rights of their birth mother were taken away by the State of California and the birth fathers collectively gave up their parental rights.”

FIND OUR MISSING BOYS — ORRIN AND ORSON WEST (OFFICIAL WEST FAMILY STATEMENT)

Last edited:
I missed that and went back to reread... thanks.

I read it as that the two youngest were the (step?) brothers of the two oldest biokids... not the siblings of the other two adopted though?

Others thoughts?

"It should be noted that the two brothers are the youngest of four adopted siblings and share two older siblings who are the biological children of their adoptive parents. That is six children in total who are our primary focus."

FIND OUR MISSING BOYS — ORRIN AND ORSON WEST (OFFICIAL WEST FAMILY STATEMENT)

I think you're reading it wrong. The word "share" is mixing you up.

I think I may be confused on the genetics here.

Of the 6 children, the oldest 2 are the bio kids of TW and JW, and the 4 others that have been adopted in 2019 are all siblings from the same bio mom and different bio dads?

Do I have that correct?

In re-reading this statement, I've found absolutely nothing concerning at all.
Other than a typo in one sentence (sibling, instead of siblings), this statement reads as perfectly reasonable and understandable.
My heart goes out to this family.
Same. My heart goes out to the family.

• I feel for the family working overtime to protect the other children. In my experience as an out of state relative in a crisis, my focus was 100% on the kids. It was an all-consuming, heartbreaking, exceedingly difficult process to try to get kids out of emergency foster care. In the Wests’ case, it may have helped speed up the process if the other 4 kids were already in Grandma’s care as stated by father (especially if in the same state). I hope so!
  • I was not aware that all the extended family was hundreds of miles away. I assumed most were nearby. I certainly relate to the dynamics of distance in a crisis like this. You don’t know all the facts. You want the kids if they can’t or shouldn’t be with their parents, but if the family is out of state it’s a VERY big slow down and if parents still want to “keep them close” it can slow things down too. Hopefully all are being more realistic than that here. Ugh this case hits close to my heart.

• On a professional level, I do PR for a living and I would have recommended a less defensive statement. However, I am glad they put out pics and a statement expressing heart break, worry, explaining their current focus on the other 4 kids (which most people haven’t probably considered), and thanking the searchers. I feel for them.

I don't see anything wrong with the extended family's statement, The do talk about the boys and mention their name, they do however seem to be distancing themselves from the adopted parents they never even used their names. Not even a, we stand by them statement and they will never hurt the boys.

I am glad to see updated pics on their blog especially of Orson, he has such a mischievous cute smile.
I'm happy to hear from the extended family, I was curious about what their thoughts on the disappearance would be. It sounds like they are deeply concerned about Orrin & Orson, fully cooperating with LE to help find the boys, and are distancing themselves from TW & JW. I noted it did have a slight PR spin to the wording<modsnip>. What a nightmare this must be for the extended West family. Then throw death threats into the chaos, I'll never understand that mentality.

Given the statement made about protecting the other four kids, I wonder if they have custody of them now?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I may be confused on the genetics here.

Of the 6 children, the oldest 2 are the bio kids of TW and JW, and the 4 others that have been adopted in 2019 are all siblings from the same bio mom and different bio dads?

Do I have that correct?
That's how I read it.

It's also possible that the oldest of the adopted kids was initially fostered to the Wests by him/herself, with the younger three arriving later in a group, which would make the reference to "when the boys and their sibling [singular] joined our family" correct and not a typo, though still confusing language.

MOO

I have read the statement a dozen times....

It was a "family statement" and written as such.

There's quite a bit of information in there: Family dynamics, fear of death threats, where in mileage family lives, their shock, informing us of LE interviews and their full cooperation.

I have empathy for this extended family....

It would have meant a great deal more to me if the adoptive parents would have issued their own statement. Pleading with kidnappers and showing fear and concern for what the children are going through. For that matter Orrin and Orrsen's names aren't even used until the end.

This really bothers me...

MOO is: I wanted to see fear in them of who has Orrin and Orrsen. And I wanted to see pleading and begging to a kidnapper, instead the author(s) seems to have the need to justify their own actions.... As another poster said, "I would have recommended a less defensive statement."

Two of those children are one set of adopted siblings, the other two children are the biological children of T and J.

"Anytime anything happens in a household where it involves any kids, all the kids are taken out of the household," Walker, said.

Chief Walker says there is proof children have been living in the house. Eyewitness News asked him if those children include Orrin and Orson West and he said not necessarily. bbm
California City Police Chief says case of missing boys is still an active investigation

Last edited:
Same. My heart goes out to the family.

• I feel for the family working overtime to protect the other children. In my experience as an out of state relative in a crisis, my focus was 100% on the kids. It was an all-consuming, heartbreaking, exceedingly difficult process to try to get kids out of emergency foster care. In the Wests’ case, it may have helped speed up the process if the other 4 kids were already in Grandma’s care as stated by father (especially if in the same state). I hope so!
  • I was not aware that all the extended family was hundreds of miles away. I assumed most were nearby. I certainly relate to the dynamics of distance in a crisis like this. You don’t know all the facts. You want the kids if they can’t or shouldn’t be with their parents, but if the family is out of state it’s a VERY big slow down and if parents still want to “keep them close” it can slow things down too. Hopefully all are being more realistic than that here. Ugh this case hits close to my heart.

• On a professional level, I do PR for a living and I would have recommended a less defensive statement. However, I am glad they put out pics and a statement expressing heart break, worry, explaining their current focus on the other 4 kids (which most people haven’t probably considered), and thanking the searchers. I feel for them.

I wonder if they lived near/same state relatives prior to the move where it would have been easier for the grands and others to intervene?

Yet after they moved... nix that option?

I'm happy to hear from the extended family, I was curious about what their thoughts on the disappearance would be. It sounds like they are deeply concerned about Orrin & Orson, fully cooperating with LE to help find the boys, and are distancing themselves from TW & JW. I noted it did have a slight PR spin to the wording<modsnip>. What a nightmare this must be for the extended West family. Then throw death threats into the chaos, I'll never understand that mentality.

Given the statement made about protecting the other four kids, I wonder if they have custody of them now?
bbm
I think you're correct.

These boys did not go missing under the watch of the rest of the West family.

While I will never condone mob mentality or behavior -- I still want to know how the boys disappeared when the police said they did not go through that back yard gate.
Yet TW says they did.
That's what is concerning.
Never mind about the digging and SW efforts and the removal of evidence.
It's sad for the other Wests and I think most are able to separate TW and JW's actions from the extended relatives.
I'm thankful that the extended family provided recent photos and wonder why TW and JW didn't do this from the beginning ?
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be helpful to know exactly when the four siblings went on “vacation” to the grands. Was it a “spur of the moment” request by the parents or something that was planned for a week or more. I suspect the children weren’t sent too far away for their vacation but who knows. Maybe the plan (or set-up) was to bring Orrin and Orson to the grands for a family holiday and something went sideways, or it was planned for them to go “missing” before that happened. The whole thing seems odd to me, but I’m certain LE have all the answers to those questions. I wish we did. MOO

I have read the statement a dozen times....

It was a "family statement" and written as such.

There's quite a bit of information in there: Family dynamics, fear of death threats, where in mileage family lives, their shock, informing us of LE interviews and their full cooperation.

I have empathy for this extended family....

It would have meant a great deal more to me if the adoptive parents would have issued their own statement. Pleading with kidnappers and showing fear and concern for what the children are going through. For that matter Orrin and Orrsen's names aren't even used until the end.

This really bothers me...

MOO is: I wanted to see fear in them of who has Orrin and Orrsen. And I wanted to see pleading and begging to a kidnapper, instead the author(s) seems to have the need to justify their own actions.... As another poster said, "I would have recommended a less defensive statement."
I understand what you mean @Warwick7. But this has to be a highly emotional situation for the extended family. Remember, they are getting death threats and people are talking all over the internet. The author is defending his family in the face of a potentially horrific case of the death of two little boys. I cringe to think of the details we are eventually going to learn. Made even more heinous by the fact they were taken out of a bad environment and entrusted to what should have been a loving family. Yet one year later they are missing under highly suspicious circumstances. Maybe family members even vouched for TW & JW in the adoption proceedings. Maybe the family is making sense of some things they noticed, that in hindsight now have a different meaning. The back splatter effect is a nightmare of epic proportions and why we consider extended family as victims also. If all that doesn't explain a bit of defensiveness, I don't know what will. All JMO~

Last edited:
It would be helpful to know exactly when the four siblings went on “vacation” to the grands. Was it a “spur of the moment” request by the parents or something that was planned for a week or more. I suspect the children weren’t sent too far away for their vacation but who knows. Maybe the plan (or set-up) was to bring Orrin and Orson to the grands for a family holiday and something went sideways, or it was planned for them to go “missing” before that happened. The whole thing seems odd to me, but I’m certain LE have all the answers to those questions. I wish we did. MOO
Ita.
The 'vacation' is key to the timeline.

I thought it a bit of an unusual term to call the trip away a 'vacation' for the kids as usually it's a 'visit'.
But that's my opinion.

Exactly how long were they gone ?
Most will let their kids go to a relatives for a weekend or in some cases a few weeks in the summer.
So... how long were the older kids gone ?

LE sounded as if there wasn't evidence of children living in the house.
Did TW and JW move in the fall ? Sept. ?
Even if only a month or two--- children miss their parents and that would get old fast for the caregiver to have them for longer than a month.
That's a looong 'vacation'.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads