Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still feeling as though Orrin and Orson are the only two kids from RD and that the wording has thrown us off to think all 4 youngest kids were RD’s. All 6 are all siblings, but 3 pairs of biologically related siblings. Am I alone in this thinking? Moo.

eta didn’t bio mom say something like “why was it just my kids playing outside” or something along those lines? I feel like she would have made it clear from get go that her older 2 should be given back to her or something.

Moo!

I’m still feeling as though Orrin and Orson are the only two kids from RD and that the wording has thrown us off to think all 4 youngest kids were RD’s. All 6 are all siblings, but 3 pairs of biologically related siblings. Am I alone in this thinking? Moo.

eta didn’t bio mom say something like “why was it just my kids playing outside” or something along those lines? I feel like she would have made it clear from get go that her older 2 should be given back to her or something.

Moo!
Tricky wording, I didn't think of that but now you mention it......

Moo!
Yes, she did say that. I think we can put that to rest, the other two boys are not bio-related to Orrin & Orson.

"We have engaged with a team of private investigators and are proactively supporting the official investigation".

I'm curious about the family hiring a team of private investigators? I wonder why they feel that's necessary?

Tricky wording, I didn't think of that but now you mention it......
Welcome to WS. I notice this is your second post and what a clever one it is because I am in agreement with you and the quoted poster. No, I don’t think the two boys are biologically related to the other four. No way.

Volunteers in California are searching around an apartment complex where two missing boys previously lived with their adoptive parents, hoping to find any clues that help lead to their whereabouts.

Bakersfield Now reports that Trazelle and Jacqueline West previously lived with their six children, including missing boys, Orson and Orrin West, at the Casa Loma Apartments in Bakersfield. In September, the family moved to a home in California City. On December 21, they reported Olson and Orrin, ages 3 and 4, missing from their new home.

California City Police officers spoke with every neighbor in the area at the family’s new home, yet none of them have seen the young boys. Community members are now concerned that there could be clues at the Wests’ previous residence.

“We’re trying to cover the grounds, to help give law enforcement that may be short-handed, a hand,” the search party coordinator, Sara Williamson, told the outlet. “Hope is never lost, no. No, never lost.”
Searchers scour around adoptive parents’ previous home after two brothers disappear without a trace: Update

Yes, she did say that. I think we can put that to rest, the other two boys are not bio-related to Orrin & Orson.

"We have engaged with a team of private investigators and are proactively supporting the official investigation".

I'm curious about the family hiring a team of private investigators? I wonder why they feel that's necessary?
bbm
Good catch !
I thought it was odd, aren't the fbi already involved ??

Maybe they feel LE aren't doing their job ?
Some people perceive that LE aren't doing nearly enough or there'd be answers by now.
Not saying that's what they're thinking ... as I don't know.
Investigations take time !
Perhaps b/c of the vandalism and the bio family on the lawn challenging TW and JW --the Wests think LE should have prevented that from happening ?
And if the Wests take over the investigation there'll be a resolution and closure ?
MOO

Last edited:
Welcome to WS. I notice this is your second post and what a clever one it is because I am in agreement with you and the quoted poster. No, I don’t think the two boys are biologically related to the other four. No way.

Just a little anecdotal story, when my Aunt and Uncle adopted their daughter (16 ish at least years ago) , they had only planned to adopt one singular child. Due to unforeseen circumstances I believe another child was born and another child taken from birth mother my Aunt and Uncle ended up a couple years later adopting their first daughters siblings. Thinking out loud and considering, could two children have been adopted earlier (before 2019) and then because biological siblings were already placed that's the first foster family they called to take in Orrin and Orson?

It’s a mystery that has people 65 miles apart searching for the same thing. Residents in California City have looked for the boys since they heard the news. On Sunday, Bakersfield had its own search party.

Almost two weeks ago the adoptive parents of 3-year-old Orson and 4-year-old Orrin West reported them missing. The West family lives in California City which is surrounded by desert – making search efforts difficult. Police in California City still are trying to find out where the boys were last seen.

“We’ve contacted just about everybody in this neighborhood,” said Chief of Police Jon Walker. “None of the neighbors have seen the kids.”

On Saturday – one search party found a Christmas present that had one of the boys’ names on it. But 17News found it was the same present a neighbor had dropped off in front of the adoptive parents’ house last Monday – a week after the boys were reported missing. The search continued today – but this time in Bakersfield – around 70 miles west of California City.

For a few hours – locals scanned the area. They combed through nearby fields, canals, and dump sites – notifying bakersfield police of any notable discoveries.
Bakersfield residents search for two missing California City boys | KGET 17

Personally, I might hire a PI if someone I had previously trusted was being suspected and if LE seemed to have tunnel vision. Can’t imagine the layers of pain the extended family are going through.

With that said, I think in some time the PI will let them know that footage and other evidence does in fact contradict the AP’s series of events. Moo

Also glad to finally be able to comment on them searching old residence. It’s possible that luminol could shed some clues, DNA, or sadly, the smell of cadaverine which lingers. Moo

Last edited:
Just a little anecdotal story, when my Aunt and Uncle adopted their daughter (16 ish at least years ago) , they had only planned to adopt one singular child. Due to unforeseen circumstances I believe another child was born and another child taken from birth mother my Aunt and Uncle ended up a couple years later adopting their first daughters siblings. Thinking out loud and considering, could two children have been adopted earlier (before 2019) and then because biological siblings were already placed that's the first foster family they called to take in Orrin and Orson?
I’ve been on WS way too long not to believe that anything is possible including miracles. I’m letting my old training get in the way of hope. Every time I try to leave emotion out of my thoughts, I get a bit cynical. It came with the territory.

In re-reading this statement, I've found absolutely nothing concerning at all.
Other than a typo in one sentence (sibling, instead of siblings), this statement reads as perfectly reasonable and understandable.
My heart goes out to this family.
Same. Neither do I find anything curious about the word "rambunctious" or the body language in the parent's video interview. I don't consider the FBI dig out of the ordinary given the circumstances of this case. That the other children were removed from the home does not set off alarm bells for me; that is to be expected. What DOES bother me and what I most want to know is who outside of the parents last saw Orson and Orrin. We can parse words all day long but in the end, we are still missing this vital piece of information. MOO

bbm
Good catch !
I thought it was odd, aren't the fbi already involved ??

Maybe they feel LE aren't doing their job ?
Some people perceive that LE aren't doing nearly enough or there'd be answers by now.
Not saying that's what they're thinking as I don't know.
Investigations take time !
Perhaps b/c of the vandalism and the bio family on the lawn challenging TW and JW --the Wests think LE should have prevented that from happening ?
And if the Wests take over the investigation there'll be a resolution and closure ?
MOO
My only thought, perhaps something related to a threat they received is causing them to pursue an avenue they don't feel LE is/would address in the investigation.
Might have something to do with a bio-family member or extended family on the maternal side. Who knows, but at least they are being proactive in finding answers.

Welcome to WS. I notice this
Thanks but I've been here for years, just a new me since I left my own dv drama. I don't remember my old name lol.
On another note, this pandemic has me terrified for kids. The number seems so high now but when/if it's over, how many people will be "missing"?

The adoptive uncle of the two missing boys just sent me their family's statement.
This statement was issued by the extended family of the missing West Boys - none of whom live in California City. He says the family members have all received death threats, and are fully cooperating with local and Federal law enforcement.
https://www.kget.com/.../adoptive-family-of-missing.../
Perla Shaheen KGET

Thanks but I've been here for years, just a new me since I left my own dv drama. I don't remember my old name lol.
On another note, this pandemic has me terrified for kids. The number seems so high now but when/if it's over, how many people will be "missing"?
I agree with you. I am very concerned for children who relied on the stability and watchful eyes of their Teachers. Prayers for all the little ones.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Roll call for all WS readers who are locals to this area. We all know very well how crucial locals are to pushing forward with investigative analysis. Mappers are necessary. I had a crash course in Gannon’s case and I’m not up for it again. I struggled directionally. Help! Any locals out there reading who wanna sign up and help! It’s an easy process and many of us will help you out with posting if you’re hesitant. We love our locals. C’mon, give it a shot.

I live in Bakersfield.

I live in Bakersfield.
Cool! Will you speak upon the general tone of the community? Enough time has passed where it must be the talk of the town by now. Not specifics of course but the feel as to whether it’s a consensus the boys are dead. Does the talk or your own observation lineup with the thought the geographical terrain is conducive to concealing bodies and evidence?

Don’t worry about the duplicate post. It happens sometimes. It’s just a glitche. If you see a little black pulsating dot? (Idk what you’d call it) at the top right upper corner after posting, just wait until it stops before hitting any buttons and your post should show up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members