Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@AmandaReckonwith please correct me if I’m wrong but I thought this search was in the California City area.
Thank you-- I saw Bakersfield and thought that was their previous home and where they were searching.
Strange still to find the Christmas gift bag off side of the road.
So sad !!
Still catching up, slowly :)

Thank you-- I saw Bakersfield and thought that was their previous home and where they were searching.
Strange still to find the Christmas gift bag off side of the road.
So sad !!
Still catching up, slowly :)
It is their previous home. It’s a lot and none of it makes sense.

Fear and mystery surround the disappearance of two toddlers from their home in California City less than 70 miles east of Bakersfield.
California City shaken, in search of answers one week after two toddlers go missing

*Edited since the pic in the quote I was replying to was deleted* Reply still in reference to children being members of the search volunteers and large drainage type pipes around different areas out that way.

I saw the pic with those drains/pipes and my stomach dropped. IF (and that’s a big if) those sweet boys wandered away, it would seem so fun to go explore and play in those, hide, or take shelter when they got cold and sleepy. I don’t think they just wandered off there though. And idc how good your intentions are, you do NOT take children on a SAR. If you can’t find a sitter, you don’t go. Not only can it be dangerous for the kiddos, but imagine if they actually did find the boys or someone else out there. Highly unlikely they’d be alive and well. Decomp and wildlife would probably have taken a toll as well (I’m so sorry to even say that). That would traumatize those poor kids that saw it, especially if it was a young one close to their age. How reckless of those that made that decision. MOO

Last edited:
Is there anything pointing to why two rambunctious little guys weren't allowed to play in the dirt? Perhaps theyd had a bath, but then again i wouldnt encourage chalk after a bath...I'm just trying to make sense.

I believe the sheriff said there were no footprints in the yard?

It seems like a fenced in yard is where they would love to be. My kids at that age covered a good two acres daily. (Remember The Family Circus comic, the little tracks behind the boy? Lol!)

I saw the pic with those drains/pipes and my stomach dropped. IF (and that’s a big if) those sweet boys wandered away, it would seem so fun to go explore and play in those, hide, or take shelter when they got cold and sleepy. I don’t think they just wandered off there though. And idc how good your intentions are, you do NOT take children on a SAR. If you can’t find a sitter, you don’t go. Not only can it be dangerous for the kiddos, but imagine if they actually did find the boys or someone else out there. Highly unlikely they’d be alive and well. Decomp and wildlife would probably have taken a toll as well (I’m so sorry to even say that). That would traumatize those poor kids that saw it, especially if it was a young one close to their age. How reckless of those that made that decision. MOO
Reckless was my exact thought hearing there were kids there's helping search. They don't need to be exposed to that kind of thing

Reckless was my exact thought hearing there were kids there's helping search. They don't need to be exposed to that kind of thing
They will be seriously scarred if they come upon deceased children.
SMH. I understand people want to help search, but they can take "shifts"; some searching, some watching children.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Is there anything pointing to why two rambunctious little guys weren't allowed to play in the dirt? Perhaps theyd had a bath, but then again i wouldnt encourage chalk after a bath...I'm just trying to make sense.

I believe the sheriff said there were no footprints in the yard?

It seems like a fenced in yard is where they would love to be. My kids at that age covered a good two acres daily. (Remember The Family Circus comic, the little tracks behind the boy? Lol!)
I’m guessing the dad had to say that because LE were not going to find any little footprints in the dirt, which would call into question their narrative of sending the children out to play while mom wrapped presents :rolleyes:. The little tikes were never out there playing. JMO

They will be seriously scarred if they come upon deceased children.
SMH. I understand people want to help search, but they can take "shifts"; some searching, some watching children.

Sometimes people DO NOT THINK! I have been to searches where someone came in flipflops to search a difficult riverbank. Often
people come in shoes not fit for the terrain. I've seen people bring children (young 10-13) (turned away) on TXEQ searches;
they check you in, check you out, you need photo ID and NO children under 18 are allowed. They also copy search team sheets to police.

Volunteers are so needed in searching, but really, they need to plan what to wear, who to bring, supplies needed, etc.

Last edited:
I just discovered that where the adoptive parents lived in Bakersfield is less than four miles (7 min drive) from the Recycling Plant. I took particular note of the outside burning pits. Worth looking at from Google Satellite Maps, although I warn you that you will likely get the same nauseated feeling that I did.
If I were LE, I'd do some investigating at that site...just to check off that box. BTW, bones don't disintegrate that easily; there would be evidence remaining

ETA - absolutely not suggesting anyone at that Recycling Plant is involved in harming the children. Suggesting it might be somewhere to dispose of remains IF there has been criminal activity.

Last edited:
Just catching up :( I hope we hear something more today.

I hate having so little hope for a case. But LE is usually very good and has more information than we will ever get. The amount of focus there is not looking good.

Why do I keep reading these stories! I had to take a big break after the Faye Swetlik case at the beginning of the year...:oops:

I just discovered that where the adoptive parents lived in Bakersfield is less than four miles (7 min drive) from the Recycling Plant. I took particular note of the outside compost burning pits. Worth looking at from Google Satellite Maps, although I warn you that you will likely get the same nauseated feeling that I did.
If I were LE, I'd do some investigating at that site...just to check off that box. BTW, bones don't disintegrate that easily; there would be evidence remaining

Interesting you mention this because during the interview with the AP's I was so distracted and had bad feeling watching the trash/recycle bin between the two parents as they swayed back and forth. I don't know why it stuck out so much and maybe it is just me but I kept thinking it was like someone waving and saying "Look in the trash bins".

Interesting you mention this because during the interview with the AP's I was so distracted and had bad feeling watching the trash/recycle bin between the two parents as they swayed back and forth. I don't know why it stuck out so much and maybe it is just me but I kept thinking it was like someone waving and saying "Look in the trash bins".

Look in the trash bins three months ago.

JMO

Yes I agree.I had no idea at the time of the interview about other address but when you watch the interview it just stands out to me. Maybe I follow too many cases where children are disposed of this way.
Yes.
I do hope LE will consider/investigate that recycling center in Bakersfield; the outdoor burn pits. Just jumped out at me, and gave me a rather horrible feeling actually. God help us if we as a society have resorted to harming little children vs. protecting them as nature intended.

Upthread, and maybe first thread (could be removed now, lol) I said it should be a grid search.
Just watched another video that showed it did begin as a grid. Relieved to hear that but the lines broke as the search went on.
It started behind the CCity home and into the desert.
Chief Walker gave the opening remarks and instructions. The search was along with police support.
Anytime a searcher found anything they yell stop and raise a hand until LE checks it out.

Sorry I have no links and cannot post my random pictures. There was "unapproved Not-MSM" there, at least 2 channels recording.

IMO, they are way better than MSM on cases because the actual MSM cannot and does not have time to report in-depth like this.
The channel I was getting screen grabs from for you here displayed NO judgement. Just what was happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member