Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
also i have not seen tis discussed here yet, but "hitting a bunch of corners" is slang for leaving or going someplace so he meant he was driving all over the neighborhood, take that for what you will, if its even useful. it doesnt mean literally going to the corner.

also i have not seen tis discussed here yet, but "hitting a bunch of corners" is slang for leaving or going someplace so he meant he was driving all over the neighborhood, take that for what you will, if its even useful. it doesnt mean literally going to the corner.
Did he ever say how many minutes it was after him going inside and “seeing them”, he realized he left the gate open ?
I mean that yard looks pretty big ? Those boys are not going to get far imo unless they were running away .

The community and LE response to these missing boys is heartwarming, and gives hope to our weary nation.

This case will be solved with electronic forensics IMO. Criminals are overconfident, and dumb.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Thanks for clarifying. I had no idea what he was talking about.

The neighborhood must not have many “corners” because there wasn’t a lot of time between the time he stated the kids went missing and LE showed up. They both said that they were instructed to stay in the house and not participate in any searches it seems that any “corners” would have to have been quickly.

JMO
MOO

I wish reporters would do a better job of reporting. This one says the bio mom put them up for adoption shortly after they were born. The truth is, they were TAKEN from her, placed in foster care and then adopted a couple of years later. Maybe I’m just nitpicking but accuracy matters in these cases. JMHO
No kidding! And, where did this come from? :confused:

After reporting the missing toddlers to the California City Police, West alerted his community of their disappearance, gathering concerned neighbors and community members to join them in their search.

Do we know if the adoptive parents were receiving any financial benefits on behalf of O and O?
I say this because if they were and there were monthly checks coming in, would there be a need for visits from the courts/CPS to check on the children periodically?

If the answer is yes to both of these questions, perhaps upon moving they were assigned to a different CPS office and the office scheduled a visit to the new address and this is why they were in need of coming up with a story because the two boys would not be at the house for the scheduled visit?

Everything is all imo

I wish reporters would do a better job of reporting. This one says the bio mom put them up for adoption shortly after they were born. The truth is, they were TAKEN from her, placed in foster care and then adopted a couple of years later. Maybe I’m just nitpicking but accuracy matters in these cases. JMHO
Youre not nitpicking, I noticed that as well. Accuracy definitely matters in these cases

Did he ever say how many minutes it was after him going inside and “seeing them”, he realized he left the gate open ?
I mean that yard looks pretty big ? Those boys are not going to get far imo unless they were running away .
Do we know if the adoptive parents were receiving any financial benefits on behalf of O and O?
I say this because if they were and there were monthly checks coming in, would there be a need for visits from the courts/CPS to check on the children periodically?

If the answer is yes to both of these questions, perhaps upon moving they were assigned to a different CPS office and the office scheduled a visit to the new address and this is why they were in need of coming up with a story because the two boys would not be at the house for the scheduled visit?

Everything is all imo
That is a GREAT point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Everything is all imo

I am so glad you asked this question. I have a friend who has legal custody of her 4 nieces and nephews through CPS. Her sister was given lots of chances to get straight and off drugs, but she could not do it, so CPS is in the process of severing her parental rights and my friend is probably going to be adopting all 4 kids. She also has 3 of her own! So I asked her about the payments because I was curious. (I understand this is very personal information to ask a friend, but I told her why I wanted to know.)

She told me that CPS has encouraged her to get her certification as a CPS Foster parent. That way she can take in "up to 6" foster children. (She has not done so because she is not in it to keep other kids, only her family!) She gets paid around $500 per month per child (in my state of TX) for being non-certified. She could get more if she was certified. IF she adopts the kids through CPS, she will still get a payment of some kind from CPS. She also told me she could qualify for housing, electricity and other benefits for having these kids in her home. She is not interested in "working the system" as she puts it, but it is her understanding a lot of people use the foster care system to "earn a living" and they don't have to work.

I am not stating that is what these parents are doing, but it did answer some questions I had about the kids and income after adoption. I was always of the impression you got no money after adoption. Apparently I was wrong. Hope these sweet boys are found soon.

And yes....here they still come and inspect your home and check up on the kids.....

No kidding! And, where did this come from? :confused:

After reporting the missing toddlers to the California City Police, West alerted his community of their disappearance, gathering concerned neighbors and community members to join them in their search.
Did the parents ever go knock on neighbors doors after they discovered them missing? My instinct would be to call loudly and bang on doors to alert them, possibly looking in back yards. I thought I saw a swimming pool in the backyard of the house beside or behind the parent's home.
I realize the above report is probably incorrect.

Last edited:
Did the parents ever go knock on neighbors doors after they discovered them missing? My instinct would be to call loudly and bang on doors to alert them, possibly looking in back yards. I thought I saw a swimming pool in the backyard of the house beside or behind the parent's home.
I realize the above report is probably incorrect.
BBM Not that I'm aware of. My instincts would be the same as yours. In fact, I ran straight through my neighbor's front door, through their house. and out their back door when my dog went missing once. I'm not kidding. I thought I heard her barking in their backyard. :oops: MOO

Is there a pool behind or beside their house? My thought would have been to first jump that fence or at least look over to see if they fell in the pool. The father never mentions the pool in the interview or that he checked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy