Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning fellow sleuths, I pray today brings some clues to the boys.

I have sat back here in my corner just reading, agreeing, disagreeing & scratching my head. I have highlighted text to quote, as I am catching up for the day, but then delete that thought if it has been further answered. I must have done this a few dozen times lol. It’s nice to be among such a smart, inquisitive, thought producing group of caring people!

I thought I would share a few of my own “ponderings”. I would love feedback & if possible a link if it has already been provided to give my thoughts a foundation to build on. As I said these are MY OWN THOUGHTS & CURIOSITIES.

1. Have you ever followed a case 3 weeks in with as little clues as this? The reason I ask is to be able to go research your link to find out why. I have faith in the LE & do believe they have many of the pieces to this puzzle minus the “whereabouts of the boys”. What I don’t understand is why the extended families aren’t speaking up? Let us help you find your boys! What were your observation on the interview? Was your family member (TW &/or JW) acting normal for their stress level?
  2. Did the West’s have another home they stayed in at the same time as the CC timeline?
  3. Did they visit family members a lot Parents, Siblings, Friends anyone close by on a regular basis? When did you last see them or hear from them on the phone? Did you hear the boys in the background? Where you told O & O had went to a relatives house to play or visit for a bit? What does the Grandma’s think? As a grandma myself I make it my pleasure to talk to my grandgift regularly. I also can tell when my “granny meter” is off balanced.
  4. Did the family have a favorite park &/or lake they like to visit in the summer? Could burnt bones be weighted down in a lake or marsh? Has this place been searched?
  5. Have the LE asked the family to not talk to the public? Could a family member other then parents be directly involved? I mean no disrespect to anyone these are my thoughts only to bring light on the boys.
  6. What have the Bakersfield residence been saying? I find it hard to believe so many lips can remain quiet.
  7. Has the van been spotted on cameras in Bakersfield? While they were shopping for groceries in the past 8 months where all 6 children or at least the youngest 2 visible?
  8. How long have they had this van? Did they recently get rid of a vehicle?
  9. Was their home equipped with a security system? I started learning how that all worked with the door censors & it being able to tell how long a moving body was in each room. Was their more then the one security camera inside their own home?
  10. Could the boys have been involved in a prearranged handoff? Leaving the 21st a day of memorizing their “story”? I viewed their interview as a check off list more then an statement to the public. When TW would sway from the “list” JW would finish it up or include forgotten details like when she inverse very fast “from our yard”. TW feeling the need to say he looked both ways reminds me of what our parents would tell us about crossing the street when young.
These are all great points ! Yes I have followed a case where they have done this ... and it’s normally in my opinion because they know exactly what is going on... but they can not locate the victim/ victims or in this case the little boys. The chief has made it clear early on he suspected foul play and that says a lot. I don’t normally get involved in children’s cases , but this one has stuck with me and those 2 IMO need tremendous pressure publicly too.

The chief has made it clear early on he suspected foul play and that says a lot. I don’t normally get involved in children’s cases , but this one has stuck with me and those 2 IMO need tremendous pressure publicly too

AMEN!! This is what puzzles me with the Family?!?! TW’s brother has already made it very clear publicly that the parents were EXCLUDED from a family statement. So why not publicly give “general” clues so we can help give them back more observations or scenarios to draw them to the boys?

I may be alone in my thinking but I feel IMO JW’s statement was real & genuine. I also feel in MOO that the anger, heartbreak & probably self guilt has hit them all hard! But let us help please.

I have thought from the beginning that LE has been hot on this! The LE fella doing the interviews impressed me from the get go.

To the Family/Friends of these 2 precious boys:

If you are reading this please know not everyone is your enemy. I speak only for myself when I say you as a person, being so close to this case have been in my prayers.

Please know you may feel alone & that nobody is trying to help you but so many others are.

These are all great points ! Yes I have followed a case where they have done this ... and it’s normally in my opinion because they know exactly what is going on... but they can not locate the victim/ victims or in this case the little boys. The chief has made it clear early on he suspected foul play and that says a lot. I don’t normally get involved in children’s cases , but this one has stuck with me and those 2 IMO need tremendous pressure publicly too.

In this case did someone finally reach out for help to the public or silently continue on their (LE) own until solved?

RBBM
Agree, it says a lot, yet we are still left with little to go on.

My thoughts are that LE need to determine what “degree” of foul play is involved. Was there an accident that was due to neglect and then a cover-up began? Did the children “disappear” due to violence inflicted upon them? Or, were they handed off to someone, as in child trafficking, and is there a possibility of following a trail with the intent of recovering them? The latter is the least likely but still within the realm of possibility.

Any evidence recovered, or lack thereof, will determine where this investigation is heading. It’s always hard for us not being privy to what LE know. Rest assured they know what they’re doing and hopefully we’ll have some answers soon.

JMHO

Someone finally reached out for help !!

OH thank goodness there is HOPE! Thank you.

My mind tends to race back to baby Evelyn B & how she remained missing unnoticed for such a long time. I just don’t get it ya know. I try to make myself aware of my surroundings & regular people in it. I hope I never loose someone along the way!

RBBM
Agree, it says a lot, yet we are still left with little to go on.

My thoughts are that LE need to determine what “degree” of foul play is involved. Was there an accident that was due to neglect and then a cover-up began? Did the children “disappear” due to violence inflicted upon them? Or, were they handed off to someone, as in child trafficking, and is there a possibility of following a trail with the intent of recovering them? The latter is the least likely but still within the realm of possibility.

Any evidence recovered, or lack thereof, will determine where this investigation is heading. It’s always hard for us not being privy to what LE know. Rest assured they know what they’re doing and hopefully we’ll have some answers soon.

JMHO

Oh thank you for wording it as such!! Yes the “degree” has a lot to do with it I am sure. As well as if they have a trail they are following it wouldn’t be good to have outsiders (non LE) tramping all over the trail via physically, verbally or cyberly (I think I just created a word).

Maybe they didn’t hurt them , maybe they are completely innocent... THEN GO LOOK FOR your sons !!
Oh thank you for wording it as such!! Yes the “degree” has a lot to do with it I am sure. As well as if they have a trail they are following it wouldn’t be good to have outsiders (non LE) tramping all over the trail via physically, verbally or cyberly (I think I just created a word).
i totally think you just created cyberly LOL

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I really think we are most likely to learn about what the family knows from LE. IMO I believe the extended family is fully cooperating with LE, but that they are not likely to come out and do interviews until LE updates the media/public on evidence they have uncovered and info gleaned from extended family interviews. Once LE spills the beans on that, I think the family MAY speak out to media/public. But I suspect they do not see a benefit to speaking out to media/public at this time. Of course this does not bode well for the boys. IMO the extended family surely WOULD be saying more if they thought they knew anything that could help with safe return of the boys. The fact that they are not is a very worrying sign for the outcome.

With continued pressure and LE silence, I could PERHAPS see a carefully crafted statement putting out more information on timelines etc from extended family BUT I suspect that the extended family's last seen info and version of events could be too much of a bombshell JMO. Unless they can carve out a simple update that is NOT a bombshell and will alleviate some of the pressure, I again think they will be quiet until LE decides it's time to release the update and put pressure on the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they didn’t hurt them , maybe they are completely innocent... THEN GO LOOK FOR your sons !!

i totally think you just created cyberly LOL

LOL pretty proud of that word now lol!

YES to ALL involved actions speak louder then words right? You couldn’t keep me from searching for my loved one to some safe extent of course. Threats are real in this crazy “me to” society. Always think of safety but SEARCH & I know this isn’t a requirement (MOO what I would do) is release a statement often to the public on my search (no detailed) & thanking others often. Keep your voice out there keep the boys current!

Yes - I really think we are most likely to learn about what the family knows from LE. IMO I believe the extended family is fully cooperating with LE, but that they are not likely to come out and do interviews until LE updates the media/public on evidence they have uncovered and info gleaned from extended family interviews. Once LE spills the beans on that, I think the family MAY speak out to media/public. But I suspect they do not see a benefit to speaking out to media/public at this time. Of course this does not bode well for the boys. IMO the extended family surely WOULD be saying more if they thought they knew anything that could help with safe return of the boys. The fact that they are not is a very worrying sign for the outcome.

With continued pressure and LE silence, I could PERHAPS see a carefully crafted statement putting out more information on timelines etc from extended family BUT I suspect that the extended family's last seen info and version of events could be too much of a bombshell JMO. Unless they can carve out a simple update that is NOT a bombshell and will alleviate some of the pressure, I again think they will be quiet until LE decides it's time to release the update and put pressure on the situation.

Wonderfully wrote thank you!

I agree with you on everyone that can probably already is working hard with LE! The bombshell is maybe what worries me THE MOST!!

Not living in the area & unable to help in searches PLUS my ego thinking just because I know I am important & privy to info doesn’t mean LE from across the country feels the same lol. Places me at average human status UGH lol

Rosanna Wills, who says she's the first cousin of the biological father of the boys, she says three weeks after the disappearance, they're not stopping the search.

"Until we get some kind of answers.," Rosanna Wills, said. "If it takes long...it's sad that it's taken this long, but we're just going to keep hope, you know praying that they're still out there alive."

The group plans to continue searching, next in fields between Panama Lane and East Casa Loma Drive.
Community members continue search for California City boys in Bakersfield

The AP's interview made my brain ache imstilla.grandma. SO confusing (the way that they answer questions). The complete lack of emotion, no sense of panic, the AF with his hands tightly hidden away. I barely know what to say

Both of them being so calm is what gets me,I mean I understand that people react differently and its plausible for one or the other but for both to be that way sets off alarm bells for me.
I am calm and tend to just do what needs to be done in a crisis and my husband is the panic and freeze kind so I get it,and there are exceptions to that rule for us. Once one of my boys who couldn't swim fell off the steps and under the water in my Dads pool,I could see him and I knew I had to help him but I literally couldn't move and I just stood there..luckily my husband also went against his usual type and dived in and grabbed him in seconds.
None of us know how we would act if our children were missing but I find it really hard to believe that both would be so cool at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia