DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Boys, 3 and 4, missing from California City | KGET 17

Police say two boys, ages 3 and 4, have gone missing.

An employee at the California City Police Department said she hadn’t been told by her lieutenant to release their names.

[...]

“2 MISSING MALE JUVENILES, LAST SEEN IN THE 10700 BLOCK OF ASPEN. ” from California City Police Department : Nixle
TWO MISSING MALE JUVENILES LAST SEEN IN THE 10700 BLOCK OF ASPEN. FIRST WILL BE A BLACK MALE JUVENILE, 3 YEARS OLD, APPROXIMATELY 3 FEET TALL, 30-40 POUNDS, LAST SEEN WEARING A BLACK SWEATSHIRT, GRAY SWEATPANTS. SECOND WILL BE A BLACK MALE JUVENILE, 4 YEARS OLD, APPROXIMATELY 3 FEET TALL, 30-40 POUNDS, LAST SEEN WEARING A BLACK SWEATSHIRT, GRAY SWEATPANTS. IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION OR SEE SUBJECTS MATCHING DESCRIPTION CONTACT THE CALIFORNIA CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT, (760) 373-8606.

10700 block of Aspen Ave - Google Maps

Case Archive (courtesy of Websleuths member AmandaReconwith)

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE THREAD *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been absolutely nothing in any approved sources to indicate these boys are disabled.

Also, discussion about possible financial gain on behalf of the adoptive parents is not victim friendly.

Posts related to the above have been removed. Please move on from those discussions.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread has become rife with TOS violations.

Rumors are not allowed. The only information that is allowed for discussion is from MSM, LE, or other WS approved sources. If what you are discussing is not from those approved sources, it is not allowed.

Sleuthing anyone not officially named by LE as POIs or suspects is not allowed.

Making insinuations or direct accusations or bashing anyone is not allowed. This includes family. Members may respectfully discuss what is contained in MSM or what has been released by LE or other WS approved sources.

Only 1 video by the AV group has been allowed because it contains the neighbor’s surveillance video for discussion. Commentary by the hosts is not allowed .. only comments about the surveillance video itself. No other podcast by them has been approved and that decision has not changed.

This is Tricia's house, Tricia's rules. She would not come to your house and violate your house rules. Please extend her the same courtesy.

WS has high standards for a reason. If members can't post in accordance with Websleuths Terms of Service, they will be placed on a temporary or permanent thread reply ban, or lose all WS posting privileges entirely.

Here's a thought as to why the other West kids must be adopted: typically foster children are not allowed to go on sleepovers. I can't find anything on California specifically but I will keep searching or maybe someone with more expertise can chime in,

Here's a thought as to why the other West kids must be adopted: typically foster children are not allowed to go on sleepovers. I can't find anything on California specifically but I will keep searching or maybe someone with more expertise can chime in,
I can’t speak to CA but when I was trying to get relatives out of Foster group homes, I looked up the state manual and saw some policies allowing that. So I asked for out of state visits for the holidays. But the state said they had no program to fund or allow that.Despite the manual. So ICPC with its months long delays was it. :(

I'm not sure about overnights but I do know that the family would have regular visits by a caseworker if they were fostering any children. They can also make unscheduled visits at any time.

I wonder if the police chief was thinking of the grandmother's two foster children when he said the parents had two fosters. MSM articles say they had four adopted children, as well as the statement by the extended family.

CAL CITY BOYS: Authorities have asked multiple people, other than the adoptive parents of the missing California City boys, to take a lie detector test.
California City Police Chief Jon Walker confirmed Saturday, that individuals "close to the investigation" were asked to take the test at some point after 3-year-old Orson and 4-year-old Orrin West were reported missing on Dec. 21. Walker did not disclose who those individuals are, when they were asked to take the test, or whether anyone took or denied the test.

That basically says that foster parents should use reasonable and prudent standards and they will receive training on what that is. I'm not entirely sure what that means. One thing we do know is that Tw & JW have not behaved reasonably or prudent.

The adoptive parents stated that the missing boys were "too young" to go the grandmothers which is interesting. Maybe she is not allowed to have young children in her home with her other foster children.

From the official family statement:

It should be noted that the two brothers are the youngest of four adopted siblings and share two older siblings who are the biological children of their adoptive parents. That is six children in total who are our primary focus.

I doubt the family is wrong about the kids being adopted.

CAL CITY BOYS: Authorities have asked multiple people, other than the adoptive parents of the missing California City boys, to take a lie detector test.
California City Police Chief Jon Walker confirmed Saturday, that individuals "close to the investigation" were asked to take the test at some point after 3-year-old Orson and 4-year-old Orrin West were reported missing on Dec. 21. Walker did not disclose who those individuals are, when they were asked to take the test, or whether anyone took or denied the test.

I wonder if they will start searching some other family properties?

That basically says that foster parents should use reasonable and prudent standards and they will receive training on what that is. I'm not entirely sure what that means. One thing we do know is that Tw & JW have not behaved reasonably or prudent.

The adoptive parents stated that the missing boys were "too young" to go the grandmothers which is interesting. Maybe she is not allowed to have young children in her home with her other foster children.

From the official family statement:

It should be noted that the two brothers are the youngest of four adopted siblings and share two older siblings who are the biological children of their adoptive parents. That is six children in total who are our primary focus.

I doubt the family is wrong about the kids being adopted.
I'm sorry, I thought you asked this: typically foster children are not allowed to go on sleepovers. I can't find anything on California specifically but I will keep searching or maybe someone with more expertise can chime in,
I supplied you with, I thought, was an answer to your question.

Bet one of them is "Grandma". The one who the other four kids were on vacation with, and who last saw Orrin & Orson. Wonder if she's paternal or maternal.

It really does bother me how differently the biological mother and the adoptive parents were behaving on their respective interviews.

The biological mother was frantic, inconsolable, it took her a minute to be able to get some words out. She lost custody of these kids while they were still very little, and she hasn’t seen them in maybe two years, I’m guessing.

The adoptive parents don’t seem fazed at all. Not even with accusations and hostility towards them. Orson and Orrin disappeared while under they care. Where is the concern? And with all of that people screaming at them, how can they stay so calm and collected? I would be crying and begging those people to believe me and help me find my kids. Why was it just “yes, we understand why the biological family is upset, thanks”? Come on.

Edited by me to focus on the reply it’s meant for.

Chief Walker didn’t want to say the last date that the Grandmother has seen O and O because people would speculate.
Would anyone speculate if she had seen them in the last week before they were reported missing or would they speculate that she hasn’t seen them since they moved from Bakersfield?

Your words are so hurtful, helpfully TRUE thank you!! Let me explain before I get anyone confuse on my wording.

Hurtful... I am afraid I am guilty of this if only a brief moment in passing! So thank you for reminding me to be MINDFUL.

Helpful.... I truly believe in WS & the ability to bring so many great minds together working for a purpose!

Bring these precious brothers home very soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay