Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. That is why there is a very tight lid on the information and investigation. The fact that the other children in the home were removed is very interesting.

It's standard protocol. There was a MSM link posted today or yesterday that has a journalist making the same observation. I've followed many missing kids cases over the years and I agree, it's standard protocol, to remove any minor kids while the investigation is ongoing.

jmo

Oh that is SO telling . Out of all the extended family too... they couldn’t go anywhere else but with the state ? Don’t forget too that 2 of them were their bio kids !!!
Moo

Family of missing toddlers speaks out, says they're public targets

"Police suspect foul play was involved in the boys' disappearance, according to California City Police Chief Jon Walker. No suspects or persons of interest have been named in the case at this time. "We have not ruled anyone out," Chief Walker said.".

That seems to be a contradictory statement to me.

1. Police suspect foul play was involved.
2. No suspects or POI named
3. We have not ruled anyone out

The entire statement? Makes no sense to me.

There is a new update to the West Family Statement.

FEB 6, 2021
KEEP THE FOCUS ON THE SEARCH FOR ORRIN AND ORSON WEST — NOT ATTACKING INNOCENT FAMILY MEMBERS | by The West Family | Feb, 2021 | Medium

KEEP THE FOCUS ON THE SEARCH FOR ORRIN AND ORSON WEST — NOT ATTACKING INNOCENT FAMILY MEMBERS
Orrin and Orson West are still missing and there have been no promising leads that we know of. As we, the extended adoptive family, face uncertainty of their whereabouts — we are both grieving and deeply dedicated to the search for the boys. A search that has been made complicated by certain individuals and entities creating distractions all with the backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic. This most recent statement is not written for or by the adoptive parents but we as the extended adoptive family have been terrorized as if that is the best way to help find the boys.

Click here to watch this news report on Good Morning America about the search for our boys and the impact it is having on us all!

THE THREATS AND HARASSMENT ARE A TRUE DISTRACTION

What has continued is the alarming number of threats of physical violence (including death threats), intentional harassment and misinformation being perpetuated by groups like AV Watchmen United We Stand and other individuals (Many we have named directly with Law Enforcement to monitor). Many of these groups have made this not about finding the boys. This behavior being targeted towards the adoptive Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins of the missing boys is misguided at best because none of us are persons of interest or suspects in terms of the disappearance.

As a family we have had to be even more cautious to not engage directly with individuals who have trespassed on various family members’ properties, hurled insults, reported false information deliberately, damage property and created a hate-filled hostile environment. For example, we have seen individuals organizing in a local graveyard, stalking both grandmothers as they travelled to their medical appointments and even attacked one of the grandfathers — a disabled veteran — while he attempted a walk to the store. Most resent the grandparents tried to reason with an angry group of searchers outside their home to no avail.

[...]

KEEP THE FOCUS ON THE OFFICIAL SEARCH

As we start to file restraining orders against individuals, continue to monitor and refute the fraudulent claims and log the numerous individuals who have made physical threats ...

WE WILL CONTINUE TO SEARCH AND PRAY

It should be made clear that despite the obstacles of a few bad actors we are still cooperating fully with law enforcement, working with a private investigator (private means they are not known to the public) and still have our reward of $30,000.00 alongside the others now totaling $100,000 for any information that will bring Orrin and Orson home. For those who wish us harm we will continue to pray that you pivot your energy and make it all about the search for Orrin and Orson. ...

[...]
The West Family
This account is set up to serve as the formal communication outlet for the extended family of Orson and Orrin West.

FEB 6, 2021
Family of missing California City toddler brothers say they are being harassed (turnto23.com)
[...]

... the "extended adoptive family" of the boys have endured a lot of harassment, according to a statement published by JW, Trezell West's oldest brother.

"What has continued is the alarming number of threats of physical violence (including death threats), intentional harassment and misinformation being perpetuated by groups ... and other individuals," JW said in the statement.

According to Watkins, these incidents have been ongoing since the boys were reported missing.

[...]

California City Police Chief Jon Walker confirmed Saturday that there are still no suspects or persons of interest named in the case.

missing-california-toddlers-03-ht-llr-210206_1612622297896_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

I love this sweet picture!!

"Police suspect foul play was involved in the boys' disappearance, according to California City Police Chief Jon Walker. No suspects or persons of interest have been named in the case at this time. "We have not ruled anyone out," Chief Walker said.".

They suspected foul play from the beginning, but the chief said no suspects have been "named." I think that just means he is not going to say. When he was asked if there were any POI's, he said, "Of course." When he was asked who and how many, he said he wasn't going to comment on that.

IMO

Last edited:

I think that means they are keeping all possibilities open to investigation as they get new information.

There is a new update to the West Family Statement.

FEB 6, 2021
KEEP THE FOCUS ON THE SEARCH FOR ORRIN AND ORSON WEST — NOT ATTACKING INNOCENT FAMILY MEMBERS | by The West Family | Feb, 2021 | Medium

KEEP THE FOCUS ON THE SEARCH FOR ORRIN AND ORSON WEST — NOT ATTACKING INNOCENT FAMILY MEMBERS
Orrin and Orson West are still missing and there have been no promising leads that we know of. As we, the extended adoptive family, face uncertainty of their whereabouts — we are both grieving and deeply dedicated to the search for the boys. A search that has been made complicated by certain individuals and entities creating distractions all with the backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic. This most recent statement is not written for or by the adoptive parents but we as the extended adoptive family have been terrorized as if that is the best way to help find the boys.

Click here to watch this news report on Good Morning America about the search for our boys and the impact it is having on us all!

THE THREATS AND HARASSMENT ARE A TRUE DISTRACTION

What has continued is the alarming number of threats of physical violence (including death threats), intentional harassment and misinformation being perpetuated by groups like AV Watchmen United We Stand and other individuals (Many we have named directly with Law Enforcement to monitor). Many of these groups have made this not about finding the boys. This behavior being targeted towards the adoptive Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins of the missing boys is misguided at best because none of us are persons of interest or suspects in terms of the disappearance.

As a family we have had to be even more cautious to not engage directly with individuals who have trespassed on various family members’ properties, hurled insults, reported false information deliberately, damage property and created a hate-filled hostile environment. For example, we have seen individuals organizing in a local graveyard, stalking both grandmothers as they travelled to their medical appointments and even attacked one of the grandfathers — a disabled veteran — while he attempted a walk to the store. Most resent the grandparents tried to reason with an angry group of searchers outside their home to no avail.

[...]

KEEP THE FOCUS ON THE OFFICIAL SEARCH

As we start to file restraining orders against individuals, continue to monitor and refute the fraudulent claims and log the numerous individuals who have made physical threats ...

WE WILL CONTINUE TO SEARCH AND PRAY

It should be made clear that despite the obstacles of a few bad actors we are still cooperating fully with law enforcement, working with a private investigator (private means they are not known to the public) and still have our reward of $30,000.00 alongside the others now totaling $100,000 for any information that will bring Orrin and Orson home. For those who wish us harm we will continue to pray that you pivot your energy and make it all about the search for Orrin and Orson. ...

[...]
The West Family
This account is set up to serve as the formal communication outlet for the extended family of Orson and Orrin West.
I am especially upset over AV Watchmen. At the beginning I thought he truly was trying to help. Stop the sensationalism! This is clearly about two young boys and they deserve so much better! Instead of harassing other family members, do something productive!

I feel very bad for the extended adoptive family, and many posts back (in one of the previous threads) I feared the vandals and harrassers would show up at the grandparents' home(s). No sympathy here for anyone arrested for crossing the line; they are working against the investigation by wasting LE's time.

It was nice to see more photos of the boys from their extended family, and I don't know that we can or should try to get an overall idea of the boys' lives and overall happiness level from these brief glimpses. Keep in mind that RD said Orrin was going through a phase where he didn't like his picture taken. One of my sons has been in that phase for a long time and in more photos than not, he's sullen, his eyes are downcast and he looks like he'd rather be anywhere but there...he may have loved the place, but he'd still scowl for the camera.

Several of the boys' photos appear to have been taken at a family entertainment center (think arcade, playground, food, etc.), as evidenced by the purple plastic sliding board behind Orrin and the "bowling alley" carpet with the stars, and while he looks pouty or is otherwise avoiding the camera in some, in the one photo (maybe taken when he was off guard?) he's clearly all smiles and having fun.

Innocent until proven guilty. Evidence of the importance of this idea presents itself in this case. But as in many things, vigilante justice, demonstrations, mob rule, lies, distortion, false narratives, harassment, bullying, and intimidation have grown in the U.S. in recent years.

The Salem witch trials come to mind. Ouch. Now those folks were out of control.

Screaming a lie at the top of ones lungs doesn't make it a truth.

It is curious though, the last reported sighting was outside that home, yet the dogs caught no scent out there, yet LE have dug, and used ground penetrating technology in the surrounding yard. Not to mention LE comments they suspect foul play.

It's stuff like that, I speculate, that leads people to suspect things.

And too, the Cognitive, Emotional, and Social skills of each of us play a role in how we respond to the situations in our lives.

Although I have seen search dogs do some amazing work, there have been some problematic incidents.

In the Sierra LaMar case, for example, the dogs indicated that her scent stopped at her driveway, leading detectives to believe she was picked up in a car.

Sierra, 14, went missing on her walk to the school bus stop. They knew she left her home that morning, but she never made it on to the bus. She lived on a quiet cul-de-sac, so detectives figured she was maybe picked up by a neighbour or possibly a friend from school.

It turned out that she did walk all the way to the bus stop, but was abducted by a stalker, who had seen her waiting alone at that stop on previous mornings.

So I do take into account the possibility that the dogs may have been mistaken, or the trainers read their signals incorrectly or the scent was gone already for some reason.

I do have a lot of suspicion of the AP, but am not 100% certain because we don't have enough real information.

The extended family just released some nice family photos, which make it appear the boys were a part of the family. ??? They do look very solemn and sad---but they were newly placed. We don't know if they were sad because of something the AP were doing or because of what happened leading up to their placement. JMO

Last edited:
I don't recall anyone saying they heard anyone calling the boy's names.
But no two ways about it, that's exactly what I'd do, as loud as I could, so if they were already down the block they still might be able to hear me. No question, the neighbors would hear me.
But no, no one has mentioned that they heard anyone calling the boy's names.
Yes, that bothers me. It seems like an automatic, natural reaction to call out a child's name as loud as possible. I have done that with lost pets many times, and with my children, just a few times, thankfully. But it is an automatic response when a young child goes missing, in my opinion.

I have no problem with him driving as he began the search. I'd do the same thing, being worried that they had such a head start, they could be very far away already. And walking would allow them to stay far ahead, if they were moving fast. JMO

No, the boy I'm thinking of was at home with his mom and stepfather. He was much younger than 9.

He had an unusual name that started with an R and I cant think of it to save my life.
YES, that's the case I was thinking of where the stepdad said he was outside working on his car, and when he looked up, the boy was gone....I have to say I was suspicious...

Just thinking out loud!

If 4 boys went into the car and none came out upon arrival...
That means that either:
The boys were with someone (likely in Bakersfield)
Or they were already deceased and the children lied..

for either of these scenarios, we should be seeing more searches in Bakersfield right?
But they’re so focused on the home.. so either they must have evidence the toddlers did in fact move to Cal City with the family, or maybe they did believe the older children and got info that they were left at the house alone that afternoon?

I’m surprised we haven’t gotten a “breaking news: LE spotted searching Bakersfield property..”
Moo!

I am thinking they are doing everything they can right now to rule out the Cal City home, so that their next big focus can be on Bakersfield.

Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member