Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They suspected foul play from the beginning, but the chief said no suspects have been "named." I think that just means he is not going to say. When he was asked if there were any POI's, he said, "Of course." When he was asked who and how many, he said he wasn't going to comment on that.

IMO

The atmosphere is already very hot, the adoptive family gets harassed by people, so I think the chief avoids pointing his fingers at anyone, because the last thing he would want is having a lynch done on his ground.

There is a new update to the West Family Statement.

FEB 6, 2021
KEEP THE FOCUS ON THE SEARCH FOR ORRIN AND ORSON WEST — NOT ATTACKING INNOCENT FAMILY MEMBERS | by The West Family | Feb, 2021 | Medium

KEEP THE FOCUS ON THE SEARCH FOR ORRIN AND ORSON WEST — NOT ATTACKING INNOCENT FAMILY MEMBERS
Orrin and Orson West are still missing and there have been no promising leads that we know of. As we, the extended adoptive family, face uncertainty of their whereabouts — we are both grieving and deeply dedicated to the search for the boys. A search that has been made complicated by certain individuals and entities creating distractions all with the backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic. This most recent statement is not written for or by the adoptive parents but we as the extended adoptive family have been terrorized as if that is the best way to help find the boys.

Click here to watch this news report on Good Morning America about the search for our boys and the impact it is having on us all!

THE THREATS AND HARASSMENT ARE A TRUE DISTRACTION

What has continued is the alarming number of threats of physical violence (including death threats), intentional harassment and misinformation being perpetuated by groups like AV Watchmen United We Stand and other individuals (Many we have named directly with Law Enforcement to monitor). Many of these groups have made this not about finding the boys. This behavior being targeted towards the adoptive Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins of the missing boys is misguided at best because none of us are persons of interest or suspects in terms of the disappearance.

As a family we have had to be even more cautious to not engage directly with individuals who have trespassed on various family members’ properties, hurled insults, reported false information deliberately, damage property and created a hate-filled hostile environment. For example, we have seen individuals organizing in a local graveyard, stalking both grandmothers as they travelled to their medical appointments and even attacked one of the grandfathers — a disabled veteran — while he attempted a walk to the store. Most resent the grandparents tried to reason with an angry group of searchers outside their home to no avail.

[...]

KEEP THE FOCUS ON THE OFFICIAL SEARCH

As we start to file restraining orders against individuals, continue to monitor and refute the fraudulent claims and log the numerous individuals who have made physical threats ...

WE WILL CONTINUE TO SEARCH AND PRAY

It should be made clear that despite the obstacles of a few bad actors we are still cooperating fully with law enforcement, working with a private investigator (private means they are not known to the public) and still have our reward of $30,000.00 alongside the others now totaling $100,000 for any information that will bring Orrin and Orson home. For those who wish us harm we will continue to pray that you pivot your energy and make it all about the search for Orrin and Orson. ...

[...]
The West Family
This account is set up to serve as the formal communication outlet for the extended family of Orson and Orrin West.
The fact that this family is feeling the need to issue this kind of statement, is appalling.
Some of the comments to the statement PROVE his point.
All the garbage on social media and youtube prove his point.
All the warnings LE always seem to have make anymore about feeding social media rumors and how these rumors actually interfere with and disrupt their investigations, prove this man's point.
There's always a handful of bad actors stirring up garbage and inciting others to join in.
It's truly disgusting what this family is dealing with, not only with the missing boys, but with the nuts they're having to also deal with now as well. My heart goes out to them.

The fact that this family is feeling the need to issue this kind of statement, is appalling.
Some of the comments to the statement PROVE his point.
All the garbage on social media and youtube prove his point.
All the warnings LE always seem to have make anymore about feeding social media rumors and how these rumors actually interfere with and disrupt their investigations, prove this man's point.
There's always a handful of bad actors stirring up garbage and inciting others to join in.
It's truly disgusting what this family is dealing with, not only with the missing boys, but with the nuts they're having to also deal with now as well. My heart goes out to them.
I agree. I took some criticism for admonishing the behavior we saw in front of the West home in Bakersfield but I stand firm in my opinion on this; it is counterproductive - a waste of precious LE resources, and dangerous.

There are laws in place for stalking, harassment, and making criminal threats, and for good reason. I will say it again - let LE do their job! MOO

Maybe its time the adoptive parents actually make a statement??!!! Their silence is deafening.... maybe they should actually DEFEND their family?

MOO
While we would like them to, it would likely just fuel the mob’s ire even more. Probably best that they stay out of the public eye, as they are. This is now a matter of safety for their extended family.

As for the missing children, I am grateful we have a tenacious Chief on the case. Along with the agencies, and that hefty reward, there is a good chance they will find them.
It is likely all the video evidence they are sorting through, will lead them somewhere. That, and the forensics of course.

Amateur opinion and speculation

While we would like them to, it would likely just fuel the mob’s ire even more. Probably best that they stay out of the public eye, as they are. This is now a matter of safety for their extended family.

As for the missing children, I am grateful we have a tenacious Chief on the case. Along with the agencies, and that hefty reward, there is a good chance they will find them.
It is likely all the video evidence they are sorting through, will lead them somewhere. That, and the forensics of course.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I actually think part of the frustration is the silence from them. Either way it’s unfortunate this whole situation has happened .

moo

I am not suggesting that Orson and Orrin’s disappearance has anything to do with this article. But I stumbled on it and when I read it I thought that we at Websleuths should be more aware of this type of child disappearance, and consider it in many of the cases we follow. (Sadly I think Orson and Orrin’s fate is even worse).
Reuters Investigates - The Child Exchange

I am not suggesting that Orson and Orrin’s disappearance has anything to do with this article. But I stumbled on it and when I read it I thought that we at Websleuths should be more aware of this type of child disappearance, and consider it in many of the cases we follow. (Sadly I think Orson and Orrin’s fate is even worse).
This is so upsetting that we live in a world that this stuff still goes on!!!

<modsnip> Part two was especially nauseating. I can’t believe the way people use and trade children like they’re toys :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The West Family – Medium

“(Please note that this statement was not written on behalf of the adoptive parents. We are not representing the adoptive parents — this statement represents the extended adoptive family)”

The “extended adoptive” family’s statements are so telling. A clearly divided family. I’m sure they have their own stories, hindsight is 20/20.

The posts do not specify whether they are representing the maternal or paternal side of the external adoptive family, or both sides.

It is unfortunate that people attack and make threats on extended family members. They have also vandalized potential crime scenes. It is unproductive.

Last edited:
That’s atrocious. It really is. I’m sure you all have heard about Myka Stauffer—the YouTuber who documented her adoption process on video (monetized) and after a few years “re-homed” her son. It’s so tragic that these kiddos don’t have an advocate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid