Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dynamic of the family is interesting in light of the possible theory that the boys may not have been seen for some time. The Bakersfield family members appear to be (on surface of it) involved in supporting the adoptive parents and one in particular was thought to be involved enough to have been doing childcare for the older four if not all six. LE have been extremely careful not to specify details about the last sighting of the boys by anyone other than the APs and can’t help think they would be disclosing that info if there was any chance third party witnesses could be useful in terms of confirming that. Maybe they will do that at some point - who knows.

Then you have the super carefully worded arm’s length statement from extended adoptive family.

No updated photos. The one thing that could help members of the public identify or spot them and they haven’t been able to produce anything current.

And two boys - not just one - TWO, who just so happen to be siblings.

Everything about this case is so very strange. I remain hopeful that LE know way more than they’re letting on and that the net is slowly closing on whoever it is that either has the boys or is responsible for their disappearance.

I took it to mean that the most important connection in the recent past of the children is in Bakersfield.
Everybody who knows the boys and is familiar with the family dynamics probably lives in Bakersfield. The grandparents and other family last saw them there, and the children say they last saw the boys on the 19th. Nobody else has reported seeing them at all in Cal City.

I think when it comes to child witnesses, cases like this take longer to piece together. Stories can change over time. Whoever is questioning the children may need to establish trust before they feel comfortable answering questions.

One person we have not heard from at all is the maternal grandmother, or grandfather, if there is one.

I still don't think we know which grandparents the children went to visit on the 19th.

Everybody who knows the boys and is familiar with the family dynamics probably lives in Bakersfield. The grandparents and other family last saw them there, and the children say they last saw the boys on the 19th. Nobody else has reported seeing them at all in Cal City.

I think when it comes to child witnesses, cases like this take longer to piece together. Stories can change over time. Whoever is questioning the children may need to establish trust before they feel comfortable answering questions.

One person we have not heard from at all is the maternal grandmother, or grandfather, if there is one.

I still don't think we know which grandparents the children went to visit on the 19th.
BBM Or the biological father of the boys as far as I recall. MOO

Last edited:
Bio father of the boys. Sorry I wasn't clear, MsBetsy. MOO
That's ok! That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Wasn't one of the bio dads at the interview with the parents? I thought I read that somewhere but I could be wrong. I thought he was the one who asked them how long they lived there but it's been so long now I don't remember.

Imo

That's ok! That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Wasn't one of the bio dads at the interview with the parents? I thought I read that somewhere but I could be wrong. I thought he was the one who asked them how long they lived there but it's been so long now I don't remember.

Imo
About 2:48 in the video below, "She and the two biological fathers of the children came to the house today to figure out what was happening."

If O. and O. were missing before the move to Cal City, I'll speculate TW and JW were estranged from most of their relatives. Then you have to wonder why.

Because who moves driving distance from relatives yet no one helps with the move, no one helps with unpacking, goes to see the new house, no one goes to visit the family in their new house? No housewarming party? So no one realizes the boys are missing for months? IF it happened that way, SAD.

Also SAD, in 3 months time you don't get to really meet one single other family in the neighborhood? Even with Covid-19, no one saw the whole family together and said hello? How isolated this family - the 6 children - might have been.

MAR 3, 2021
Bakersfield Police Chief discusses case of two California City boys missing since December | KGET 17
Bakersfield Police Chief Greg Terry joined 17 News at Sunrise to discuss the case in the disappearance of 4-year-old Orrin and 3-year-old Orson West in California City, who have been missing since December.

“As law enforcement officers we are community members and we are parents also, and we understand the public’s interest in this particular case and rightfully so to find out what happened to these little boys. I assure you that we are going to continue the investigation in a professional and thorough manner, and follow all investigative leads and possibilities. We will continue to communicate with our community, especially if there are circumstances or information that could impact our community safety or individuals in our community.”

[...]

To me the most telling part is when they asked for anyone who has seen the boys in the past year, doctor's offices or anywhere, to call them. IMO it means no one has seen them, almost like they were adopted and vanished. The rest of the interview he was just giving standard answers and going around the questions, like a politician. You have to look at what's not being said.

MAR 3, 2021
Bakersfield Police Chief discusses case of two California City boys missing since December | KGET 17
Bakersfield Police Chief Greg Terry joined 17 News at Sunrise to discuss the case in the disappearance of 4-year-old Orrin and 3-year-old Orson West in California City, who have been missing since December.

“As law enforcement officers we are community members and we are parents also, and we understand the public’s interest in this particular case and rightfully so to find out what happened to these little boys. I assure you that we are going to continue the investigation in a professional and thorough manner, and follow all investigative leads and possibilities. We will continue to communicate with our community, especially if there are circumstances or information that could impact our community safety or individuals in our community.”

[...]

Chief also says they are not just focusing on the days and weeks leading up to their disappearance, but the year before.

The adoptive parents have two foster kids under their care, correct? So how did the social services workers managenot noticing for months, or maybe even a year, that two of six children in that family were perpetually absent?

The adoptive parents have two foster kids under their care, correct? So how did the social services workers managenot noticing for months, or maybe even a year, that two of six children in that family were perpetually absent?
According to the extended family, the parents had four adopted children and two biological. So that might explain why they were not under social service's supervision.

To be fair, so far Bakersfield LE have said that they’re focusing on the year before the disappearance, but they have not specifically said that it’s because there’s no confirmed sightings of the boys during that time. It could also be because they’re trying to establish a pattern of behaviour and/or abuse (ie. if a doctor at a walk-in clinic examined them and there were bruises, or someone saw them hit their kids at the mall, that kind of thing). Either way, I think it’s safe to infer that there is some strong evidence to suggest that the APs are either straight up lying or there was neglect or abuse. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagnoliaGRL