Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is chilling. And may explain why the pictures are so apparently out of date.
Them asking for anyone including medical professionals who have seen them to come forward just gives me chills. I don't think that's going to be forth coming, because I don't think there were any such visits. If there had been they would have come forward already. MOO

I am very impressed with the interview from 23 ABC. The Bakersfield police chief was very forthright and detailed in his answers to the reporters questions. The reporter has done a very good job of covering the story. He had a great interviews with California City police chief as well. I am optimistic that anyone involved in the disappearance of these boys will be held accountable and their families will finally know what happened!

I thought we didnt know when the grandmother said she last saw the boys. Did I miss an update?

Agreed. CC chief Walker never divulged when the Grandmothers said they last saw the boys. He did say a while back that he thought the grandmother in Bakersfield was the last sighting aside from the adopted parents (and said “grandmas” in most recent interview with Perla), but never gave a date.

We do know that neither Grandma made public pleas in the days and first 2 weeks after the boys were reported missing. JMO- I speculate they knew something wasn’t right about the missing report or else they would have been searching, pleading, posting missing posters, echoing the APs.

Agreed. CC chief Walker never divulged when the Grandmothers said they last saw the boys. He did say a while back that he thought the grandmother in Bakersfield was the last sighting aside from the adopted parents (and said “grandmas” in most recent interview with Perla), but never gave a date.

We do know that neither Grandma made public pleas in the days and first 2 weeks after the boys were reported missing. JMO- I speculate they knew something wasn’t right about the missing report or else they would have been searching, pleading, posting missing posters, echoing the APs.
I agree. I felt like they tried to distance themselves in that one statement. They know something is wrong here.

Looks like LE wants proof of life going back 12 months, not just back to Dec 2020. Very sad and alarming for these toddler brothers. IMO

I literally teared up when I heard him say the number of days ! It's incredibly sad to think there may be no proof of life for these babies going back a year. No doctor ? No dentist ? No church ? It's heartbreaking.

I'm wondering if they got dna back and none of Orrin's or Orsin's dna was found at the Cal City Home ?

I was very impressed with the Bakersfield PD in the tragic McStay Family case. They took over from the hapless San Diego PD, when the 4 bodies were found buried in the desert. And they geared up and did an admirable job investigating that case, which had been royally screwed up by the previous department.

Let's hope they continue to be reliable, hardworking detectives and get some answers to this tragedy.

Just saw part of a newscast on a youtube. Saw Bayan Wang say the BPD has executed 20 search warrants. If someone has a link to that new cast can you post it here?

@swedeheart posted the full interview with BPD on the last page. You can also see two versions here:
https://www.turnto23.com/news/local...-over-missing-boys-case-as-lead-investigators

the first video includes Bayan’s edited interviews with BPD AND a former BPD detective (the latter states normally lead jurisdiction doesn’t switch unless the investigation indicates the crime was initiated in a different jurisdiction)

further down there is a link to full interview with BPD

both note the new statistic from BPD that 20 search warrants have been executed

Last edited:
All MOO
So basically not long after the actual adoption these boys were not accounted for?
AP lived there for another 6 or so months and NOONE noticed.. clearly not true imo as grandmas lived there too.
Why don't LE arrest AP (and grandmas if they covered for them) then for lying same as poor Evelyn Boswell's "mother"?
We could also say the other children were told lies after lies until they actually believed them?

Does this mean that after adoption is legal they didn't have any checks?
Also, and apologies if this has been mentioned in the past, but do we know what AP said how many children they have when they bought the new home? Or how many beds there were there in December..

How many years can you get for obstruction of justice and lying to LE there?

All MOO
Snipped for reply focus. My guess is that rather than go after those who have been misdirecting, or outright lying, they will be offered an opportunity to testify for the Prosecution. Just a guess.

Amateur opinion and speculation

All MOO
So basically not long after the actual adoption these boys were not accounted for?
AP lived there for another 6 or so months and NOONE noticed.. clearly not true imo as grandmas lived there too.
Why don't LE arrest AP (and grandmas if they covered for them) then for lying same as poor Evelyn Boswell's "mother"?
We could also say the other children were told lies after lies until they actually believed them?

Does this mean that after adoption is legal they didn't have any checks?
Also, and apologies if this has been mentioned in the past, but do we know what AP said how many children they have when they bought the new home? Or how many beds there were there in December..

After adoption, no CPS checks occur. However, they did have 2 foster kids so after they moved, that may have triggered a CPS visit.

We don’t know that TW said he only had 4 children. But if he did say that, it would just mean he didn’t count the foster kids as his own.

The new house is a 3 bedroom, one bath home.

I was very impressed with the Bakersfield PD in the tragic McStay Family case. They took over from the hapless San Diego PD, when the 4 bodies were found buried in the desert. And they geared up and did an admirable job investigating that case, which had been royally screwed up by the previous department.

Let's hope they continue to be reliable, hardworking detectives and get some answers to this tragedy.
I believe it was San Bernardino that took over the McStay case, not Bakersfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~