Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calif. Brothers, 3 and 4, Vanished 8 Days Ago After Dad Said He Momentarily Left Them in Yard

This really all goes back to the beginning. Two parents, six children. The father is working out in the yard, with the two youngest children. A 3 year old, and a 4 year old.

The mother was in the house, with 4 of the older children. And none of them went outside, at all.

The father goes in, comes out, and O & O are gone! He realizes he left the gate open, so he "gets in the van (?) Did he think that the children were in the van?

Not accusing anyone. Just looking at the story.

1. How many of you could keep 4 older kids in the house if Dad was going in and out?
2. How did the O & O stay outside? The little kids always want to be with the "big kids". I am sure that they would have gone inside.
3. The fence is open? How long was Dad in the house? A 3 year old and a 4 year old can wander, but they don't go very fast. Especially if the neighborhood is new to them.

The story doesn't make sense to me.
The other kids weren’t there !! Supposedly just O&O. They had brought the other 4 to Bakersfield to stay with family on the 19th.

The other kids weren’t there !! Supposedly just O&O. They had brought the other 4 to Bakersfield to stay with family on the 19th.

Okay, didn't realize that part of the timeline.

Then, it makes even less sense. If you are trying to do stuff around the house for Christmas, the littlest kids are the ones who need to be at Grandparents house.

Maybe I’m being judge mental about the white van... but seriously I’ve always told my kids never stop for a big white van LOL. I mean mini vans is totally different !
David and Louise Turpin who tortured their 13 children drove a big silver van with tinted windows. I think that’s close to white. Lol.

Bayan Wang[URL='https://twitter.com/bayanwang']@bayanwang[/URL]
MISSING BOYS REWARD: The reward for the toddler brothers reported missing in California City on Dec. 21 has now increased to $120,000, according to California City Manager Anna Linn. DETAILS: https://bit.ly/3axNfac

If anyone out there had information and wasn't directly or indirectly involved, I believe they would have come forward by now.
$120k isn't chump change by any means.

Okay, didn't realize that part of the timeline.

Then, it makes even less sense. If you are trying to do stuff around the house for Christmas, the littlest kids are the ones who need to be at Grandparents house.

My understanding is that taking care of 3 & 4 year olds is a different experience from taking care of older kids? What if the grandparents preferred taking care of the older kids, or the older kids preferred them, and the GPs weren’t up to taking care of all six?

My understanding is that taking care of 3 & 4 year olds is a different experience from taking care of older kids? What if the grandparents preferred taking care of the older kids, or the older kids preferred them, and the GPs weren’t up to taking care of all six?

Then, usually, in 90% of the households I am aware of, Mom is doing her chores and watching kids.

Of course, Mr. West is probably in the "10%" of fathers who do chores and watch kids, and did not do a very good job of it. A 3 year old and a 4 year old? Who came from a disorganized home already?

It would be interesting to know more about the children. Were they taking any medication? Able to speak, and tell people their names? Were they the type of children to wander off? What do the parents think happened?

They have not said much. The police chief stated that he did not think that they went missing on their own.

I wonder what his thoughts are...

What is the criteria for an Amber Alert?
Summary of Department of Justice Recommended Criteria
  • There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.
  • The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
  • There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
  • The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.
  • The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.
Guidelines for Issuing AMBER Alerts | AMBER Alert

I don't think this varies much State to State, here is the DOJ recommended criteria.

It just seems odd to me there isn't an Amber Alert for O&O. Guess you need proof they have been abducted?
I was just reading on another post that you have to have information on who the abductor is -name, description, vehicle description etc which in this case no person or car was seen on the surveillance footage that was made public

Then, usually, in 90% of the households I am aware of, Mom is doing her chores and watching kids.

Of course, Mr. West is probably in the "10%" of fathers who do chores and watch kids, and did not do a very good job of it. A 3 year old and a 4 year old? Who came from a disorganized home already?

It would be interesting to know more about the children. Were they taking any medication? Able to speak, and tell people their names? Were they the type of children to wander off? What do the parents think happened?

They have not said much. The police chief stated that he did not think that they went missing on their own.

I wonder what his thoughts are...

The experienced Police Chief is on record as stating there is foul play involved. <modsnip>

My impression of the father is that he is extremely strict and expects his rules to be followed without questions. I believe the harsh policy is meant for the children as well as for the wife. He instills fear as a control mechanism. I shiver to consider punishable consequences of being disobedient in his household.

<modsnip>

JMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
It just seems odd to me there isn't an Amber Alert for O&O. Guess you need proof they have been abducted?
Yes, this case would not have met the criteria for an Amber Alert. Someone had to have seen something for police to believe they were abducted. As far as we know there wasn't even a suspicious car or person seen or heard at the time of their disappearance. They just seemingly vanished without a trace in a matter of minutes. Imo

I don’t believe for one minute the boys were kidnapped at the same time. Highly unlikely. Some kidnapper just happen to be outside waiting to grab two young boys at once. Boys would probably scream throw a fit knowing mom was inside wrapping their presents they would stay closer to home not further. When my boys were little at Christmas my hubby would play with them in the their room until I was done or while they slept in their beds not leave them alone outside. Those poor boys probably never made it to the new house. Parents didn’t even try fake crocodile tears in the interview. How callous is that?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member