Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just waiting for someone to speak up as to when they last saw these two cuties. I don’t understand. Not that it’s EVER justified to threaten people as what one side seems to be doing to the other but… why in Heaven won’t anyone post photos or post when they last saw the children?? Somehow I feel that the threats may be that the bio family would settle down a little if the AFams would tell them something. I feel some of the answers may help the police as well as the Bfamilies. MOO
Of course maybe they have and LE is keeping it quiet. Hopefully if LE does know the answers to last sighting as given by the family, they may help the tension between both sides??

I have no doubt LE has the last seen date. But I'm guessing they may have conflicting (false) accounts.

Like in cases where someone claims to have seen a missing person, and it turns out to be a false or cannot be confirmed to be true. The sighting and witness can be used in court to create reasonable doubt. That poses a problem for LE, particularly in a case where the body has not been found.

All those youtuber's that were blasting information, never found anyone who could pinpoint a recent date the boys were seen. To further complicate, Covid helped to provide a cover for the boy's not being seen, even by extended family IMO. The bio children are going to be the best witnesses in this case, how sad is that?

I have no doubt LE has the last seen date. But I'm guessing they may have conflicting (false) accounts.

Like in cases where someone claims to have seen a missing person, and it turns out to be a false or cannot be confirmed to be true. The sighting and witness can be used in court to create reasonable doubt. That poses a problem for LE, particularly in a case where the body has not been found.

All those youtuber's that were blasting information, never found anyone who could pinpoint a recent date the boys were seen. To further complicate, Covid helped to provide a cover for the boy's not being seen, even by extended family IMO. The bio children are going to be the best witnesses in this case, how sad is that?
Have there been any recent pleas or communications from the family?
It seems (at least from the outside armchair perspective) that these children have all but been forgotten.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Have there been any recent pleas or communications from the family?
It seems (at least from the outside armchair perspective) that these children have all but been forgotten.

My view has been and continues to be that the extended adopted family immediately knew something was off when they heard the missing report. I think they did not believe the boys were abducted and that’s why they didn’t post flyers or anything in the early days. And when they eventually did issue a statement they said it was from the extended family (not including the adopted parents) and emphasized/exaggerated their geographic distance from the adopted parents. And that’s why we are not hearing public pleas or anything from them now. MOO

I hope LE has been able to narrow the window of disappearance and build a case. Just horrific.

The glimmer of hope there is that maybe it goes straight back to the state if the kids are still in cps or the child support order was followed through with.
I didn't think of that. We had an employee who had a child support garnishment. Not only did they garnish his check, they took his tax return refunds out of his account. Maybe that would be the case here too.

Still no movement in the support case.
https://odyprodportal.kern.courts.ca.gov/portalprod

Where are the boys?!!

The glimmer of hope there is that maybe it goes straight back to the state if the kids are still in cps or the child support order was followed through with.

That's certainly the way it worked at social services when I worked there in the 1990's.

A colleague almost got to fly to another state to pick up an absent parent's 6 digit lottery winnings. Said parent owed every cent to the state & the custodial parent.

And, this is set up nation-wide so should go to support the other children removed to the custody of the State of California.

jmho ymmv lrr

Well, Orrin and Orson West are still legally their children. They are not in CPS custody. But, maybe the State of California can garnish all of this money. I hope so.
Are the other children still in the care of others? Are they being cared for my relatives? IIRC, they were not.
What a mess.

Well, Orrin and Orson West are still legally their children. They are not in CPS custody. But, maybe the State of California can garnish all of this money. I hope so.

IIRC, any money coming from the IRS is "attached" or something? "Intercept" is/was also in the process?

Possibly Cali will intercept any $$$ that comes to the Wests. IIRC there are 4 children in the physical custody of the State right now?

(Likely, Orrin & Orson are in the Temporary Legal Custody of the state. They will be in the physical custody of the State when they are located.)

ymmv lrr

JUL 23, 2021
‘Birthday Awareness’ planned for missing Cal City boy | KGET 17
Cincere-Bday-party.jpg

[...]

Orrin is going to be turning 5 years old in August. A celebration organized by his biological family and their supporters is set for August 8 at Skateland on Ming Avenue. Online raffles have also helped them fund giveaway bags for children who attend the party.

Well-wishers can also sign a digital birthday card on WhereAreTheBoys.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member