Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they know already what happened and are just trying to nail the case down

I’m sure that they got a wealth of information from the phones and other devices seized in the first search warrant. Maybe the second warrant was in search of items seen in past pictures or videos of the children. MOO

DEC 29, 2020
Authorities execute search warrant with guns drawn at home of missing California City boys (turnto23.com)
[...]

The Wests told police the boys disappeared from their home while playing in the backyard and believe they were kidnapped. But, the investigation has not led authorities to that conclusion at this point.

"We have no way of knowing how they got out of the yard, Walker said. There's "nothing that shows how they got out of the yard or if they wondered out of the yard."

[...]

Walker confirmed that K-9 units were also deployed into the home multiple times and that the boys' scent did not leave the house. The Wests told 23ABC News on December 23, that their other children were on "vacation" when Orrin and Orson went missing.

[...]

DEC 29, 2020
Authorities execute search warrant with guns drawn at home of missing California City boys (turnto23.com)
[...]

The Wests told police the boys disappeared from their home while playing in the backyard and believe they were kidnapped. But, the investigation has not led authorities to that conclusion at this point.

"We have no way of knowing how they got out of the yard, Walker said. There's "nothing that shows how they got out of the yard or if they wondered out of the yard."

[...]

Walker confirmed that K-9 units were also deployed into the home multiple times and that the boys' scent did not leave the house. The Wests told 23ABC News on December 23, that their other children were on "vacation" when Orrin and Orson went missing.

[...]
From the same article:

"Authorities extensively dug up terrain in the backyard in recent days to make sure the boys weren't underneath, according to Walker. "We are just trying to dig up anything, any clues that we could possibly find, to find out where they have gone and also to confirm they are not in the backyard."

Last edited:
DEC 29, 2020
[...]

[...]

[...]
It’s a bad sign when investigators haven’t left the house to search elsewhere, IMO.

DEC 29, 2020
[...]

[...]

[...]
So......there is no evidence showing how they got out of the yard, nor evidence showing that they ever wondered out of the yard.

DEC 29, 2020
[...]

[...]

[...]
No evidence of how they got out of the yard?
What the heck, did he forget to unlock and open the gate before he called LE?

Video of officers removing items from the home

DEC 29, 2020
Chief of Police in California City gives update on two missing boys; suspects foul play | KGET 17
At around 3 p.m. on Tuesday, police and federal agents went into the house of the adoptive parents again, using the same search warrant they served last Wednesday. They removed some items of evidence, and Chief of Police Jon Walker said these items will go back to Bakersfield for analysis.

[...]

“I cant comment on whether I think they’re alive or not,” said Jon Walker, Chief of Police. “I do suspect foul play. We haven’t been able to put together how the boys got out of the yard, or where they’ve gone.”

[...]

“We’ve contacted just about everybody in this neighborhood,” Walker said. “None of the neighbors have seen the kids.”

[...]

“if there’s any kind of juvenile situation where theres been any kind of neglect or any kind of harm to any of the children, we automatically have to take all the other kids out of the house,” Walker said.

He says he doesn’t know exactly where the adoptive parents are – but they aren’t in their house. Police still have their white van and are in contact with them.

[...]

Chief Walker says the biological family has been cooperative in the investigation. ...

[...]

So......there is no evidence showing how they got out of the yard, nor evidence showing that they ever wondered out of the yard.

Correct. And since the family moved there in September, none of the neighbors have seen any of the children... MOO

. . . and apparently no indication that they were ever in the back yard. Hence, no scent to be found by the police dog.

MOO
Jackhammer sounds in the backyard digging up and drawn guns today...

Things have been removed from the house by LE...

And sheriff said there is foul play....
foul play
  • n.
    Intentionally violent or injurious behavior, especially that suggestive of a criminal act.
  • n.
    Inappropriate, unethical, or unlawful conduct, especially to disadvantage an opponent.
  • n.
    Unfair, unethical, or criminal behavior, especially of a malicious or violent nature.
This is going to end bad bad bad....

Last edited:

DEC 29, 2020
Chief of Police in California City gives update on two missing boys; suspects foul play | KGET 17
At around 3 p.m. on Tuesday, police and federal agents went into the house of the adoptive parents again, using the same search warrant they served last Wednesday. They removed some items of evidence, and Chief of Police Jon Walker said these items will go back to Bakersfield for analysis.

[...]

“I cant comment on whether I think they’re alive or not,” said Jon Walker, Chief of Police. “I do suspect foul play. We haven’t been able to put together how the boys got out of the yard, or where they’ve gone.”

[...]

“We’ve contacted just about everybody in this neighborhood,” Walker said. “None of the neighbors have seen the kids.”

[...]

“if there’s any kind of juvenile situation where theres been any kind of neglect or any kind of harm to any of the children, we automatically have to take all the other kids out of the house,” Walker said.

He says he doesn’t know exactly where the adoptive parents are – but they aren’t in their house. Police still have their white van and are in contact with them.

[...]

Chief Walker says the biological family has been cooperative in the investigation. ...

[...]

DEC 29, 2020

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]
Looks like those big bags contain bedding.

I wonder if the police really don’t know where the adoptive parents are or if they’re just not revealing that they know where they are. I really really hope that the cheif is bluffing.

Remember what Letitia Stauch did while they were busy executing search warrants it in Gannon‘s bedroom? Yep, she was renting cars and moving the body multiple times.

Correct. And since the family moved there in September, none of the neighbors have seen any of the children... MOO
Wasn't it stated that the two boys were seen a couple of days before they vanished? Sorry, I'm a bit behind.
No one has seen them since this family moved there in September??
Going to look at the PC now...didn't know there was one.

From the same article:

"Authorities extensively dug up terrain in the backyard in recent days to make sure the boys weren't underneath, according to Walker. "We are just trying to dig up anything, any clues that we could possibly find, to find out where they have gone and also to confirm they are not in the backyard."
Well that def goes along with Chief Walker's statement that he suspects foul play. Something is leading them to that conclusion :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08